Phil_G

Yorkshire Slopers

John Minchell

Right Gentlemen

As we were earlier talking on this thread about an "up north" Nostalgia gliders day, I guess here is as good a place to post it. 

We have a venue - Leek and Moorlands club (slope to be determined by wind direction on the day) and we have a date - Saturday May 18th 2019.

I know it is quite short notice, but we have tried to fit it in without clashing with too many other shows or events and be far enough away time wise from the ISA version down south, so people can enjoy both events.  Martyn Kinder has posted it up on the calendar on here .  So dig out your old sport, trainer or competition gliders, whatever condition they are in (as long as safe to fly) and join us for a relaxed day of flying nostalgia models,  reminiscing and banter.  Its not a competition, just come, fly and enjoy.  Please pass the word around to your contacts whom you think might be interested.

For more details please contact Martyn email  ukcaa1@gmail.com  or telephone 07989 025198

pete beadle

Hi John

Well done!:yes:

I wish you well for the chosen day

One thing I suggest you might add is that here, dahn sarf, we require every entrant to have 3rd party insurance if they intend to fly, preferably BMFA. We don't check insurance on the day, we/I just tell entrants that they know insurance is required for all flyers, and we are trusting them to comply. This rule doesn't apply to spectators, of course, but down here we're getting more and more flyers attending just for "the crack". I hope you can attract your fair share too:)

Best of luck, and please let us know how it goes, and we will happily include a report of the day, hopefully with pics,  in the ISA Beacon magazine

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

John Minchell

Pete - thanks for your best wishes for a good event - we'll blame you whichever way it goes good or bad😎!

I kind of assume that anyone flying will have BMFA, SAA or LMA insurance, but good point made.

Will see what I can do to get a report written & pics and send down to you for the Beacon.

Now, just need to finish the refurb of the Multi Phase and get some servos into the KK Elmira

BR John

• Like 1

pete beadle

Hi John

One more suggestion, if you don't mind, I always suggest to my entrants down here, that they have one model for light wind days and one for the windy sort, so can I suggest, if you haven't already got one, to lead by example and that you get yourself something heavier, possibly with ailerons, in case it's windy on the day:)

Obviously there's not a lot we can do about wrong wind direction, or rain on the day, but at least you CAN be prepared for a surfeit of wind!

Now I'll leave you alone to look forward to dozens and dozens of seniors attending on the day- hopefully:thumbsup:

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702 

Graham Woods

Anyone feeling nostalgic for bygone days and balsa models... there are a few oldie kits still available out there.

Fancy building a Mijet, Ridge Recruit or Trendsetter?

http://www.modellbauparadies.de/epages/Edi_sModellbauparadies.sf/de_DE/?ViewAction=View&ObjectID=6303611&PageSize=30

gw  favonius.com

• Like 1

martynk

mmm - that Trendsetter looks very nice indeed... Ho hum.... 

Phil_G

Aw thats a shame John, we were hoping that any self-respecting Retro enthusiast would be at "Pontefract PANDAS Single-Channel & Retro R/C Fly In" on the 18th & 19th!   😀    Its really unfortunate as Ponty is the most established dedicated Retro event and in its eighth  year. 

We would have loved to support a local slope-retro event as Retro is our bag,  we could easily rustle up over a dozen from Veron Impalas on Reeds and Galloping Ghost, Suzy Que Mk1 on its original RCS Digithree,  Soarcerers on Skyleader Clubmans, Veron Big Eagles & Vortex, KK Elmiras,  Dave Hardacre Quicksilver,  a "Little-V" plus "Moonbeam" and "Pixie" single-channel slopers, all with appropriate 'period' radios 😊  proper Retro!

Never mind, next time hopefully.  Hope it goes well and everyone has a brilliant time

Cheers
Phil

099.JPG

rm_aug_68_sq_recreated.jpg

John Minchell

Sorry about that Phil - well we steered around about 20 others, but it slipped through our net of checks. 

See you at the ISA meet in September and we'll make sure we don't clash for next year.

All the best for your PANDAS do.

BR John M

Phil_G

pete beadle

Hi PhilG 

Quote -  Its really unfortunate as Ponty is the most established dedicated Retro event and in its eighth  year. - unquote 

Odd, I thought ISA Nostalgia Day, now in its 11th year, held that record:yes:

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702 

John Minchell

Now boys, play nice please!

Seems you are at cross-purposes, one is gliders and one is powered. 😎

So you can both have a record.

John M

Phil_G

Sorry all, didnt intend to cause any friction.  Mods please delete my three posts on this page.

pete beadle

Hi Phil G

No need to delete your 3 posts, I have to say I was expecting someone to come back and say the Pontefract PANDAS were the oldest NORTHERN club to have a meet such as this:thumbsup:........in the good old days it was theNorthern Steel Men and Southern Softies that were wielding the handbags!!!! lets hope we don't continue the "feud" today:)

No offence taken so, may I wish you well on your special day, and hope you get good weather, and even better attendance at the event:yes:

Now for Scotland and Northern Ireland........or ALL Ireland......before I get told off for that!

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

Phil_G
11 hours ago, pete beadle said:

.......in the good old days it was theNorthern Steel Men and Southern Softies that were wielding the handbags!!!! lets hope we don't continue the "feud" today:)

Really sorry Pete & John thats not at all what I was suggesting and I'm dismayed to have prompted any feud.
I was only trying to show our dedicated retro-only following isnt all about powered models,  we're affiliated to the MMSA and we've a large proportion of retro-slopers who could have made a significantly contribution to the general retro-ness of the L&M day.   I'll retreat back into my box 👍

John Minchell

Phil

No probs at all - I thought it was just a bit of light banter between the two of you.

Keep me posted for next year's diary dates please and I' ll see what I can rustle up for next year and join you and Pontefract if I may?   Still got a couple of escapements and my home built S/C gear from the 70's in a box somewhere.

We can also ensure we don't clash for the slope event next year.

Cheers John

• Like 1