Sign in to follow this  
Austin

Radioglide 2013

Austin

For those that may not have received forms or have not yet entered. Please enter as soon as possible to help the organisers. Details of Radioglide 2013 are on the main website.

http://www.barcs.co.uk/radioglide-2013

Richard Swindells

Hi,

As a few bank accounts are now without a cheque book facitilty, what would be the most convinient way for those people without a cheque-book to enter?

Thanks !!

(and see you there!!)

Austin

Hi,

As a few bank accounts are now without a cheque book facitilty, what would be the most convinient way for those people without a cheque-book to enter?

Thanks !!

(and see you there!!)

Hi Richard,

That's an interesting point, perhaps we can add a paypal facility on the website for those using the internet. For those that don't it might have to be cash on the day. Ill talk with GJ about it and post here with the solution.

Richard Swindells

Thanks Austin,

I'm sure that people will be happy to pay any additional surcharge covering the extra paypal costs, to make sure BARCS does not lose out

Richard

Hi Richard,

That's an interesting point, perhaps we can add a paypal facility on the website for those using the internet. For those that don't it might have to be cash on the day. Ill talk with GJ about it and post here with the solution.

Peter

Hi Richard and others

You can make an electronic bank transfer to the Radioglide account with the Alliance and Leicester sort code 09 01 54 A/C no 13073904 and there will be no paypal charges.

Cash on the day?  Well there might be a surcharge - a nice contribution to my Bahamas holiday fund would be appreciated!

Peter

grj

If any of you would prefer, Peter is happy to take entries via email, address to be found on entry form found at http://www.barcs.co.uk/radioglide-2013. Just send your details, BMFA and if relevant BARCS numbers, Comp Class, Freq, Team etc. as requested on the form  and use the payment transfer method above.

jiberjaber

Will there be a list of entrants posted at all? 

There is one on going on Flyquiet for F3K, but I am also interested in the F5J.  None of the usual forums have a thread on the go with the details in... Who is CD'ing it and will there by an 'emergency restart' allowed in flight?

jiberjaber

Right, £15 bank transferred and email to both Peters..... :)

Peter

The entries for Radioglide are still coming in but for the entry list so far for F3K take at look at the Fly Quiet web site.

Sydney Lenssen is CDing the F3J and the various groups are just being sorted out. More soon....

The entry list for F5J so far is:

Kevin Beale

Jon Stanswood

Colin Paddon

Brian Johnson

Graham Wicks

Peter Allen

Peter Mitchell

Ray Gadenne

Brian Austin

Phil Hayward

Martyn Wharrie

Jason Burns

And the weather forecast is for light winds and no rain - plus pigs doing barrel rolls over the flying field

Peter

Peter

HOW TO FIND THE FLYING FIELDS

For those with satnavs, the post code is HP18 0UA but be warned, this is a rural area and the same postcode covers several houses.

Last week a few people found that their satnavs directed them to the houses next to the chicken farm and not to Tudor Farm. On the attached picture the entrance to the flying fields has a red marker. The chicken farm is the complex of buildings which resembles the H blocks by the T junction a short distance to the north west.

For those who want to find the Gubbins Hole Farm camp site the post code is OX26 0AN and it can be seen on the left hand side of the picture where a few caravans are visible.

jiberjaber

Weather looking better but still a good few days off yet...

http://xcweather.co.uk/forecast/bicester

Was there any news on the F5J settings?  I hear that domestic comps (i.e. none FAI) on esoaring are allowing motor restarts, it would be useful to know before I travel so I can set the gadgets correctly :)

grj

Bernie Jones has now confirmed he will be CDing the F5J comp for us. In line with common practice in the UK, motor restarts will be allowed for safety reasons, however this will result in a ZERO score.

Competitors are expected to have the capability to read their height limiters, though there will be devices available for the RC Electronics Basic and Multi 2 devices.

jiberjaber

Ace - thanks for the update Graham :)

ceebee

The post code according to the Caravan Club website is OX27 0AN which would explain why my satnav did not recognise the 26 one when I was up in those there parts a couple of weeks ago.

Cheers

Colin

Peter

Thanks for pointing this out Colin.  Looks like my error somewhere. I will have it corrected on the various sites.

grj

Radioglide, sunny, light winds, two comps completed, who'd have thought it?

100s

1st Mark Fozzie Devall

2nd John Hulett

3rd Alan Morton

4th Cegniz Philcox

F5J

1st Colin Paddon

2nd Kevin Beale

3rd Brian Austin

Thanks for the pics Phil.

Hope the weather gods continue to smile on us.

Full reports to follow next week.

• Like 1

Fridge

I have posted some photos of the prize giving at http://www.glos-mfc.co.uk/phil/radio/1.htm

Please wait for Jason's photos, he can do slimming, hair colouring and wrinkle removing with his photo editing program

I have the full JPG images but no RAW

Phil

http://www.barcs.co.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_05_2013/post-2157-0-08017100-1369640072.jpghttp://www.barcs.co.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_05_2013/post-2157-0-25758300-1369640097.jpghttp://www.barcs.co.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_05_2013/post-2157-0-44332600-1369640110.jpg