Whitesheet F3F fundraiser comp Sunday July 14th

Gromit

We at the Whitesheet club are to hold an F3f event on Sunday 14th July to raise funds for the Whitesheet byway project. Full details of this project can be found on the Slope & dynamic soaring board under that heading.

In order to get as much support for the event as possible we have tried pick a date to avoid a clash with any BMFA league event in the UK, any Whitesheet Scale event or the 2 weekends that many pilots will be on the Lundy Slopefest trip.  There is however a BMFA event in Scotland on this date but after speaking to Martin Newnham this morning we believe the clash will only affect a small number of pilots. The date of Sunday 14th July is therefore the best date to hold our event. However apologies to anyone who may have liked to travel to both events.

The F3f comp will be open to all, experienced / regular f3f comp pilots and also anyone wishing to try F3f for the first time.

Entry fee to the comp will be 5 Pounds but anyone wishing to contribute more than this on the day is most welcome to do so and the extra money will be very much appreciated by the Whitesheet committeee members. The extra money will be very gratefully recieved & will go directly to the fund.

We hope the event will get your support & help us with the Whitesheet byway project. 

Those wishing to enter the comp should e-mail me with the following info please at swallacegromit@aol.com

Name,

BMFA no

Frequency, please state 35 meg frequency  or if on 2.4

Models .

Thankyou in advance for your support,

Stuart Wallace,  Whitesheet comp sec.

• 4 weeks later...

As a few weeks have passed since first posting i thought i'd just remind everyone about the Whitesheet F3f  fundraiser comp on Sunday July 14 th. We're hoping for a big turnout to support this event so please pencil the date & event in your diaries :thumbsup: .

Stu,

Thankyou for even considering making the long trip down for you Tom B)  . Hope you have a great Scotish comp :thumbsup:

Stu.

• 2 weeks later...

With less than 2 weeks to go here's a reminder about the Whitesheet F3f fundraiser comp on Sunday July 14th to raise funds for the Whitesheet byway repair project.

Please read my opening post for details of this event & how to enter.

Were hoping for a large entry list hence the reason for this reminder. Your support for this event would give our fund for the track repairs a real boost   :thumbsup: .

Stu

(WRFC comp sec)

Phil.Taylor

Stu - are you running an entries list for this?

weather looking ok - light WNW - hot & sunny - 25c

Phil.

Stu - are you running an entries list for this?

weather looking ok - light WNW - hot & sunny - 25c

Phil.

Phil, Yes indeed, please refer to my intro & 1st post at the top of this page.

With the forecasts for Sunday now available and looking favourable i look forward to recieving many more entries in the coming days.

Entries should be sent to myself at swallacegromit@aol.com. with ;-

Name.

BMFA no....

Freq, please state 35 meg channel or if 2.4

Models.

Stu,

Whitesheet RFC comp sec.

Done! - hoping to be there to sit in the sunshine if I can sort transport from London

Phil.

Your support for this event is much appreciated Phil :thumbsup:

Stu

Pete Burgess

Done! - hoping to be there to sit in the sunshine if I can sort transport from London

Phil.

Phil, er what part of London? Coz I am sarf London (like Croydon)

If i could please have entries by 8.00 pm on friday (12 th)

I shall make and post a weather call at around 9.00pm the same evening.

Meet time will be 9.30 for a 10 o clock start.

Stu,

Whitesheet RFC comp sec.

Hi Guys,

Many thanks to all of you  that have e-mailed me with your entrie's for Sundays comp, your support for the event is very much appreciated. I have 14 entries so far. Entry is still open so if you'd still like to enter please e-mail me by 8.00pm this evening.

As of yesterday evening we now have a 'Plan B' to put in place for Sunday should we find weather conditions on the day, ie wind direction/ strength are such that its not possible for us to run an F3f event. We will be taking along a Winch and will be running an F3b comp in its place. If you have a model with a Tow Hook fitted or can fit one in time for Sunday be sure to bring it along in case.

I'l post more details this evening .

Stu.

Hi Guys,

Having now got a 'Plan B' for Sunday should we need it i'm calling the Whitesheet F3f fundraiser comp on.

Winds are looking light and its going to be very warm.  Hopefully the wind will swing onto the NW slope for us and we'l be able to run the F3f comp as planned. If it becomes clear however that conditions are'nt favourable for an F3f comp we'l put the winch out and we will run an F3b comp instead.

Heres the list of entries i've recieved

Graeme Mahoney,

John Bennett

Martin Drewett

Tony Robertson,

Andy Burgoyne

Gromit

Bear

Ian Falconer

Joe Cubbitt

Jack Cubbitt

Pete Cubbitt

Andy

Phil Tolfree

Lynda Blythe

John Fox,

Ian Duff.

John Philips (hopefully)

Pete Burgess (to be confirmed)

The latest XC weather forecast for is the most promising its been all week for us for Sunday.

Stu

Whitesheet RFC comp sec.

Pete - you missed a very pleasant day in good company - I'm sure Stu will be along soon with a full 'match report' but in a nutshell, most of the morning and early afternoon was spent sport flying in between periods of sink or no wind. The wind became a little more constant in the afternoon and we managed to get 3 rounds in.

More importantly, we raised £145 towards the track repairs project - so a BIG thank you to everyone who made a donation :thumbsup:

most excellent weekend   thanks to Joe and Lynda for the overnight stay on Saturday ...and a most pleasant Sunday flying aswell ....id already had a great day by race time ....and followed up a with a pint in the right pub after a while ....

cheers Stu and Jon et all

First of all i'd like to thank to all of you that came along and supported the Whitesheet F3f Fundraiser comp today. We had 14 pilots on the hill today including Andy Burgoyne who made the trip down all the way down from Shropshire to support the event. Thankyou very much Andy for your support.

Conditions proved to be very frustrating for much of the day, but it didn't stop us all having a very enjoyable time.

The forecast was for the wind to swing round onto the NW slope around midday so we set the course up ready so that as soon as conditions were good enough we could get started. Whilst we waited we all had some sports flying in light and variable conditions. At times pilots enjoyed some good light wind sloping and got their F3f models moving nicely. We also had them getting away in some nice thermals, frustratingly though a few minuites later the wind would drop right away and pilots were having to land.  Thermals kept coming through now and then that enabled some pilots to get some very good height. Graeme Mahoney put the club winch out, he and Ian Duff got some serious height from their launch's . Ian Falconer braved the winch for the first time and his launch was faultless and he too launched straight into a booming thermal and got good height.

Every now and then the wind would come nicely onto the hill for 20 mins or so and it looked promising that we'd make a start with the F3f comp only for it to die or swing away again. Finally at around 3 oclock the direction and strength settled onto the hill and we were able to make a start. Typically this happened just after 2 pilots had just left as it wasn't lookin like we'd get any kind of comp in.

The twelve of us flew 3 rounds in total, it was a real shame that we couldn't have started any earlier but frustratingly it just wasn't possible.

It was a very warm day on the slope, blue skies and temps touching 30 oC for long periods.

Although we only managed 3 rounds they were 3 very 'competitive' rounds with pilots trying hard to get a good placing.  That 'Nasty Midlander' Andy b flying his Radical, was desperate to try and beat the Cubbitts on their home hill ,did he manage it though ?

Here is the full result

1    Andy Burgoyne.

2    Tony Livingstone.

3    Gromit ( me )

4    Joe Cubbitt

5    Tony Robertson

6    Jack Cubbitt

7    Graeme Mahoney

8    Ian Falconer.

9    Jon Fox

10  Pete Cubbitt

11  Lynda Blythe

12  Andy Meekin

Round 1 was taken by Andy b with a time of 57.09, Tony Robertson was next with a 64.46 and Tony Livingstone came 3rd with a 69.58 . 

So a convincing round win for Andy flying his Radical. Andy's decision to fly with far more ballast than anyone else proved to be the key to his convincing first round win.

Round 2 was won by Graeme Mahoney with a 60.03, Joe Cubbitt was second with 61.88 and i came third with 62.09

Round 3 saw Andy b determined to make up for not getting in the top 3 in the previous round, he took the round with the fastest time of the day 57.01 . Ian Falconer took second with a 61.64 and Tony Livingstone was third with a 63.23

So a very happy Andy b took a well deserved win. It was obvious that the 'Nasty Midlander' took great delight in beating all us Southerners on what was for many their home slope.

On behalf of all the Whitesheet RFC committee thankyou again to all who came along, supported the day and generously donated to the Whitesheet track repair fund. I believe the day raised 160.00 pounds in total  :thumbsup:

Stu

Whitesheet Comp Sec

• Like 1

I took no pleasure in beating the entire Cubitt dynasty on there home turf ....and shall not mention it once  (maybe twice or three times) on Lundy at the end of the month .....where I quite sure they will hand my butt to me on a plate again ...

I'd already had my fun before the comp started and had a great weekend ....

Best quote from Ian Duff I think .....theres two birds circling in a huge thermal on the left ....

'yep I noticed them a minute or so ago thats why Ive launched with a load of ballast in '  and your all sat watching ......LOL....

Thank you to all the pop drinking southern's for making the nasty midlandwe feel so welcome ....and it doesnt always rain at whitesheet then ..

Andy

• Like 2