Multiplex Solius

simon_t

slope_dragon_x

couldn't resist they look so aerobatic ; )

Nice but messy..

Well done for posting that Mike... gave me quite a laugh.

Classic slope flying.  Should be essential viewing for every newbie.

• Like 1

Hi all

Am I the only one that can't believe anyone else found "End of Solius" actually funny...

From the pilot treading on the wing before flight, right through the worst indiscipline in using the flying site in an  unsafe manner I personally have ever seen, as they say, I see no merit it in. However, that WAS the best video I've seen that could have been titled "An example of an accident waiting to happen".......

And, having stood in that little grass area at the Westhalle in Dortmund, I too admit I was tempted to fly something "micro" - but NOT a Solius - however good my piloting skills were, there's far too much "street furniture" all around

Sorry, end of "wet blanket" opinion

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

I'm with you on the "End of Solius" video, but the Dortmund site looks fair game to a good pilot     8-)

Hi all

Am I the only one that can't believe anyone else found "End of Solius" actually funny...

From the pilot treading on the wing before flight, right through the worst indiscipline in using the flying site in an  unsafe manner I personally have ever seen, as they say, I see no merit it in. However, that WAS the best video I've seen that could have been titled "An example of an accident waiting to happen".......

And, having stood in that little grass area at the Westhalle in Dortmund, I too admit I was tempted to fly something "micro" - but NOT a Solius - however good my piloting skills were, there's far too much "street furniture" all around

Sorry, end of "wet blanket" opinion

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

The thing is that this pilot has put out some videos in the past with some of the best flying / aerobatics I have yet seen.  Sadly a lack of class and manners creeps in quite often - title intros with him urinating are an example :(.  There is a noticeable "race to the bottom" trend over time with his videos unfortunately ..

• 4 weeks later...

Not quite as exciting as that video - but I have just test flown the Solius on the local playing fields it is a very blustery day and the lie of the ground made for a fairly  turbulent flight.

Coped great after moving the battery back a little and getting some down trim in. Power is great - just enough to make things twist about a bit and spek out within around 15 sec.  Managed a fair bit of soaring the trees and a very small embankment, had to escape occasionally with the motor when things went too rough and the ground was a bit close, 

Think it will be great on a better day.  :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just about finished off my Kit version and will maiden after getting back from holiday.

With regards to using flapperons or spoilerons for landing what seems to work best?

Just about finished off my Kit version and will maiden after getting back from holiday.

With regards to using flapperons or spoilerons for landing what seems to work best?

Just make the ailerons go up. Gives pretty reasonable braking. I can normally land mine pretty accurately.

Simon

• Like 1