North of England F3F Open 29-30th June 2013 HoH

Rooster-X

Well I've got to say that I don't recall a comp when the second day scores changed the leader board so much - Al went from 7th to 1st, Simon from 10th to 2nd, and Mark from 17th to 3rd.......all showed some stunning flying, and let's face it, cream always rises to the top!

I don't think that you had any really good air during the 2x days Mark, so to secure a 10th place showed robust form!

Cheers,

Greg

Thanx Greg,you are so kind...when the air picked up on the sunday i thought .....here we go" fill her up"and she,ll perform as normal,but the conditions and my "cut" didn,t help.as AL was saying two good pilots flying back to back anywhere in the comp,one flying 35secs the other flying just as well 50secs ...tuff game at times!!! :angry:  :P  :D

Rocket Ronnie

Em is so yesterday reversals rule : )

A all the comments above great weekend congrats to the top 3.

Some differing styles to watch. GREAT STUFF.

Ronnie

(Informally) if my calculations are correct, this result puts Martin Newnham in 2nd place in the overall Contest Eurotour, myself in 4th, and Peter Gunning in 28th (but with only 2 comps). Swiss pilots Martin Kopp and Martin Ulrich, who flew this comp are in 13th and 14th place respectively.

Still a few comps to go yet, but well done Martin for being in this position after 7 rounds have been flown.

Simon

(Informally) if my calculations are correct, this result puts Martin Newnham in 2nd place in the overall Contest Eurotour, myself in 4th, and Peter Gunning in 28th (but with only 2 comps). Swiss pilots Martin Kopp and Martin Ulrich, who flew this comp are in 13th and 14th place respectively.

Still a few comps to go yet, but well done Martin for being in this position after 7 rounds have been flown.

Simon

go martin...go

Stefan Bertschi

After a rather uneventful drive home (the only traffic jams I had right at the beginning on the A65 and 20 minutes from home) I'm back at work.

Just wanted to thank John and his whole crew for setting up a superb comp last weekend. All very well organized and lots of rounds flown. That I wasn't too lucky with the air (and also flew some c#@p) isn't actually their fault.

Concratulations to Alvaro, Simon and Mark for making the most out of the conditions they got.

I think my Swiss mates enjoyed the comp also. 3 of them got a new PB and Martin Ulrich had his first Sub 40 ever.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Stefan

Yes had a really good weekend, thanks to all the workers.

Have to say that hill always throws up some wonderful conditions.

Even started doubting my materials, but seeing the results we all had some rubbish air.

And a big well done to Alvaro.

JP

isoaritfirst

Thanks Jon,

They certainly make for interesting reading.

My results look like I wasn't trying - which wasn't the case at all. 

Perhaps with the exception of the last round where I decided that as i had little to gain at that stage and the air was so weak on the bases that if I didn't gain some height and speed then I might break something, 

Almost worked as Simon thought I had finished and failed to buzz my next turn.  But the refly was no better ..

Computer just asked me if I wanted to save the results.!

Everyones a joker!

Thanks Jon,

They certainly make for interesting reading.

My results look like I wasn't trying - which wasn't the case at all. 

Perhaps with the exception of the last round where I decided that as i had little to gain at that stage and the air was so weak on the bases that if I didn't gain some height and speed then I might break something, 

Almost worked as Simon thought I had finished and failed to buzz my next turn.  But the refly was no better ..

Computer just asked me if I wanted to save the results.!

Everyones a joker!

Its all in the mind young padawan .......... 

• Like 1

I had a great weekend too. Thanks to the organizers and workers, the weather was great and to get the red arrows was a bit of a coup B)

Its an interesting spreadsheet of results. I went from 23rd to 5th in two rounds on Sunday morning and then the wheels came off again. I suppose that's the thing about such conditions, anything is possible!

Alvaro Silgado

I just signed in the forum to say THANK YOU!

It's been a fantastic weekend and a perfectly organized competition.

All the best,

Al.

• Like 2

Cracking pictures there Mike! I'm sure there was a Lord of the Rings moment in there somewhere too.

Very enjoyable comp, particularly the Sunday. Levisham maintained its reputation for huge variability in the air. Just goes to show also that the only result that counts is the one when all the rounds are done, especially when the air was as variable as it was. The results sheets also show the cycling of the air with clusters of fliers getting good/less-good times together. Thankfully we got in a reasonable number to help level things just a little.

Congrats Alvaro though - definitely hit the spot - no mistakes, very well flown in all the rounds I saw.