SlopeGlide 2013

Martin_N

Hi All,

Please forward registration details for SlopeGlide 2013 contest to be held over two days at the Hole Of Horcum, North Yorkshire on the 3rd & 4th August. Entry for the 2 days is £15.

Registration will close on Thursday 1st August at 10pm.  Like always I will send out reminders leading up over the last few days.
Details of the site can be found here:    http://www.nymrsc.org.uk/  If and only if it is possible we may look at other local slopes in the area.

I will also start a new thread in the contest section of the BARCS forum: http://www.barcs.co.uk/forums/forum/64-uk-f3f-contest-entries/

Along with F3F if time permits, we will attempt to run a small Aerobatic competition in the evening if you are interested.  This year I will put out a list of compulsory manoeuvres rather than leaving it up to the pilot’s choice.

You need to send your registration directly to martinnewnham@btinternet.com (Please try not to respond to F3FYahoo Groups) using the same subject header, with the following information:

·         Pilot Name.

·         Pilot BMFA insurance number / 3rd party insurance details.

·         2  Frequencies (If on 35Mhz) or confirm 2.4ghz

·         Model names (maximum of 3)

All the competition dates and reserve dates have been made available since the beginning of January and can be viewed in any of the following locations:

·         http://www.bmfa.org/events/index.html select the correct month from the drop down menu.

·         '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>> 

·         http://www.barcs.co.uk/forums/calendar/2-event-calendar

I will provide all meet details on Thursday after the registration has closed.

Thanks

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Where is everyone staying then? I'm booked into Lockton YHA again but will probably go into Pickering Saturday night. Having to glue a V3 back together for the aerobatic comp as well but havn't flown any aerobatics in over a year, but its the taking part that counts, right? :)

isoaritfirst

I'm staying at home!

We are nearly at the point of moving house so its all hands to the pump at the moment, hope you have a good weeekend.

I've not seen any of my models since I packed them away after the Eurotour.

Well looks like the V3 isn't going to be finished in time so I hope the aerobatics schedule isn't too taxing for an F3F ship!

Tom

Hi All,

To confirm we will meet at 9am tomorrow at the HoH car park.  The wind is showing to be more southerly, however we will need to confirm tomorrow morning before the course is setup.

Details and driections can be found here: http://www.nymrsc.org.uk/how%20to.htm if you are still unsure please contact me directly.

If you still wish to enter and have not please send me details as soon as possible.

Thanks

Martin

What a fantastic weekend of sloping goodness :-)

Well done Mark Redsell for taking top honours and flying a stunning 31.xx.

I guess that I should also offer congratulations to JP for his podium position, but as he knocked me into third place

with one of my old planes, it kinda sticks in my craw ;-)

As always, huge thanks to Jon, Martin, Rich, Ronnie, Knewt and Tom who worked tirelessly to make the competition a success!

Cheers,

Greg

• Like 2

20 round comp, exhausted but happy! Didn't figure much in the rankings but won a couple of rounds and the Stinger's sub 40 record for every comp its entered is still intact, so not too bad.

Well done to Mark, JP and Greg with their well deserved podium finishes. Thanks to Martin, Ronnie, Jon and everyone else for a well organised competition and Abbo for the Curry, perfect weekend!

Tom :)

Well done Tom - unfortunately I couldn't watch your flights as you flew after me, but from the sounds that I could here from the flight line, the Stinger was going well!

Thanks for hanging around yesterday evening for the slope aerobatics, shame that you didn't quite have sufficient time to repair your V3!

Cheers,

Greg

...and the aerobatics result ???

Erm......cough / splutter - myself and JP in joint first and Tom an honourable third.

Not that we flew particularly well, its just that we flew......and Tom administered the camera and showed intent, but hadn't the time to ready his Vector.

Sadly, there wasn't enough interest for a comp John...aerobatics just don't seem to do it for folk these days :-(

Cheers,

Greg

paul garnett

Yes my thanks to the team for running the event, had a great time but I must  try harder!! Mark R`s 31 was sublime, well done mate, i`m sure the results will show that it was a very close run comp, if you made a mistake, well that was going to cost you..

paul garnett

Shame about the aero comp,I do like to see (and do) well flown and sown together aero`s, I must put together my model`s

Nice one Paul - if you, Tom Mac, Martin and Pete B build your Dorados, Tom F repairs his V3, JP flies the Nasty Rumour, and we drag John B out of retirement, and I join in too - we'll have 8 pilots.

If we go for a 10 minute slot per pilot, it'll take just under one and a half hours per round - so four rounds on a decent day.

Worth considering for a dedicated event in Wales, where we may be able to work out the format (fixed schedule, weighting, freestyle) and begin to build the class....just thoughts.

Cheers,

Greg

• Like 2

Hi All,

Just got home after a very long journey with plenty of traffic on the roads :( I will get the all the results up and a report tomorrow evening and distribute the spreadsheet from the weekend.

Thanks

Martin

Well done for holding the aeros anyway, I was going to come until 2 weeks ago as I thought it was in Wales again (brain fade) but HoH is not within my current range for comps. Glad you had a good weekend !  Sounds like the Dorado is popular to own even if people don't get round to building them !

Whats the usual aeros format/schedule?  Haven't sloped much lately but getting an hour or so with my etyphoon at the local field/airfield.

Was hoping to practice some aeros and may join in if an aeros comp materialises

Whats the usual aeros format/schedule? Haven't sloped much lately but getting an hour or so with my etyphoon at the local field/airfield.

Was hoping to practice some aeros and may join in if an aeros comp materialises

Sounds good Dave - perhaps Martin has a soft copy of the schedule which could be distributed?

Cheers,

Greg

Sounds like the Dorado is popular to own even if people don't get round to building them !

I think that the airframe is gaining in popularity John - I had an opportunity to fondle the carbon version of the airframe at the weekend and it looked really good. Certainly the best aerobatic model that I've flown, mainly because it has a symmetrical section and flies well with a lot of ballast aboard (1.2kg +).

Cheers,

Greg