Welsh Fest 2014

Lundylynda

As many of you will know, it has not been possible to book Lundy for 2014 so, we have been thinking of an alternative event and come up with.. a flying Eisteddfod...a Welsh Fest :)

Having made some preliminary enquiries, there is a Bunkhouse situated near to the Brecon Beacons which is an ideal location close to the Gower for coastal flying, slope soaring ( its near the Bwlch) and suitable for all sorts of flat field events as the venue comes with a few acres of wide open flat land which would be ideal for park fliers, DLG and a spot of nigth flying. www.bunkhouse-south-wales.co.uk/accomodationbunkhouse     Clyngwyn Bunkhouse. We would need to book the whole venue to make this work! This would mean filling the B & B as well as the Bunkhouse. There are19 places in the bunkhouse and 3 double/twin rooms in the B & B. There is a pub a couple of miles away and a local taxi company! The area has many other local attractions including many waterfalls, one of which you can walk behind!

The prices for the bunkhouse, as you can see, would be approx £100 per week (so a similar price scale to Lundy and the Barn without the need for sea sickness tabs or the cost of the boat :) ). The owners would require a 50% deposit to reserve, so bear this in mind if you want a place. The B & B IS £27 per night pp, but of course comes with a Welsh breakfast! We think there are only 2 twin beds left if Joe and I take one.

The week would be planned ( of course) around the weather conditions. Events during the week to possibly include-

F3F Comp, Aerobatics Comp, Flat field for sport and electric flying (a winch will be available). BBQ in fire-pit, Curry night, Crazy Control Line flying and a James Bond Themed Night. (Other suggestions welcomed). The week is for everyone, whatever you flying interests or ability levels.

The 3rd - 10th August is the most likely date for this event.

So take a look at the website and see if its something you would be intested in. I already have a few names to put down on the list ,so, iet me know:) :)  If we have enough interest then we will be able to have a 2014 fest!

Hi Lynda,

The web site mentions camping for those who also take the bunkhouse, is this still an option for this event if all other accomodation goes.

Thanks,

John

Hi Lynda,

The web site mentions camping for those who also take the bunkhouse, is this still an option for this event if all other accomodation goes.

Thanks,

John

Yes the site will allow camping once we have filled the Bunkhouse John :)

Pete Burgess

Thanks Lynda, yer the stone has gone, now I need a procedure to get the stent out and then I hope to really feel better.

Bunkhouse places:) :)

1. Andy

2, Les

3 Stu

4 Jack

5 Scott

6. Pete B

7. Andy M

Joe Lynda,  B&B

A few more to add to the list :) :)

Are there any places for a few days rather than the whole week?

Hi

I would be happy to reserve a place if you wanted part time occupancy, but as we will be using the Bunkhouse for the whole week we all have to pay a certain amount for it. If the Bunkhouse is full, it reduces the cost for everyone. If you want to pay for the week and stay just for a few days , I could definately reserve you a place.

Or, nearer the time if we have a few spaces left ( and have to pay more) we could probably fit you in for a few days. ( Hope that all makes sense lol )

If the Bunkhouse fills up then of course you could come down camping for a few days:)

Bunkhouse places update :)

1.Andy B

2.Les

3.Stu ( Gromit)

4.Jack

5.Scott

6. Pete B

7.Andy M

8. Phil T

9. Tom Mc ?

10.Pete C

Nine possible places left  in Bunkhouse :)

Change of plan- Joe and me In Shepherds Hut: :D ) which leaves 2 twin double rooms in B&B ( reserving one for Gill and Samuel - to be confirmed)