Sign in to follow this  
Peter G

Practice Comp on Bishop today

Peter G

We had a very good practice comp today on Bishop in 22-25 ms winds. Its always pretty exhilarating flying Bishop in those conditions and you are always aware that seriously fast times are possible.

I think most people took the opportunity to experiment a bit, quite a few of us trying two models and reversals against EM turns. It started well for me flying reversals with the FS3 and beating my previous PB with a 30.56, then the air went off a bit around rain showers and I had one 12 leg run with my stinger when I cut and didn’t realize. Mark was having a try with reversals too and both FS3 & 4 and was very consistent getting faster as the day went on with the 4, his fastest time was a 31.16 in round 7 and he was heading for a sub-30 in the last round when he did a big cut on A and ended up with a 33.

George went very well with the Ascot beating his PB by a good chunk in round 1 with a 34.56, well done that man. Mike had a number of sub-40’s with a fastest of 35.16, so consistently fast but flying long according to his coach Dave W. Dave Watson had a bit of a nightmare losing one elevator on his N124 (probably disconnected after the previous landing but very hard to spot) and almost landing it but ending up with quite a bit of damage. Dave had a best of 35.31 with the Cyril I think. David Loomes did well considering he can only get about 750g into his Race M and many of us were flying full with a best of 36.60 and a number of sub-40’s. Sam also had a mare with a brass horn on his willow coming out, having been glue in to a wee blob of micro balloons, al least he knows how it was built now and can maybe address the rest when he fixes that one.

1          Mark Redsell                 6922.88            1000.00

2          Peter Gunning               6706.69            968.77

3          Mike McCracken           6086.95            879.25

4          George Young               5958.86            860.74

5          David Loomes               5889.86            850.78

6          David Watson                3608.01            521.17

7          Sam Smith                    1366.47            197.38

FTD Peter Gunning 30.56

So all in all a great 8 rounds. Next comp is the Scottish Slope nats on 31st Aug & 1st Sep.

George Young

Fantastic day on Bishop Hill and I knocked 4 seconds off my PB and went sub-40 in five out of eight rounds. Still smiling today :D

Thanks to Peter for organising the day and to all who turned up and made it a memorable day out.

G

George Young

CIMG0681_zps8291f159.jpg

That rain shower in the distance missed us :)

f3fman

Looks like it made a great big puddle in the valley though !

paul garnett

sounds like a great day, Mark R cutting, tut tut, been spending too much time with me!! haha

Pete, ohhh sooo close to sub 30 matey..