Scottish F3F Nationals 2013

Peter G

Another opportunity to lower my personal best? :thumbsup:

All booked in for the friday/saturday night!a little place called the "well country inn kinross "good price too!bottom of the hill i think ,rude not to with that forecast!bishops here i come! :D

All booked in for the friday/saturday night!a little place called the "well country inn kinross "good price too!bottom of the hill i think ,rude not to with that forecast!bishops here i come! :D

staying here  http://www.thewellcountryinn.co.uk/accommodation.html ,quite a distance from dundee so may stay local sat night.....unless there,s a curry house aboot   

Perfect location Mark.

Looks like there is a decent curry house in Leslie, Reya Tandoori about 4 miles from you.

I may get to join you there if I am very good...

Perfect location Mark.

Looks like there is a decent curry house in Leslie, Reya Tandoori about 4 miles from you.

I may get to join you there if I am very good...

Hey Pete ,that would be great,should arrive about 9pm friday night .

Paul and I are staying in The Jolly Beggars Hotel, Milnathort, Saturday night.

Hi tom,yes your just up the 911 abit,joining for a ruby murray?

We are not actually in the Jolly Beggars yet, they haven't confirmed that a twin is available.....

Considering switching to the same place as Abbo.

We are not actually in the Jolly Beggars yet, they haven't confirmed that a twin is available.....

Considering switching to the same place as Abbo.

yes looks a nice little place the country inn......what directions does the bishops hill handle?i know it,s west facing ....but what about a little south or north etc.question for one of the local lads really.also any pilots list out yet?

No pilots list yet Mark but we should have 12-15 entries.

Bit of a blow tonight, the farmer says he is busy with sheep all weekend (fnar) so we will have to walk up the front. The good news is its shorter; 0.88 mi as opposed to 1.37 mi, the bad news is its pretty steep for about 20-25mins.

However, its not a race to get up the hill so we can take our time. Best to park near the top of Bruce Road / Bishop Terrace, Kinnesswood, there is a car park at the side road on your left if you are feeling polite and I have added the walk to our map.  https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=202487703003799439093.0004c006fc0ba12dcacd8&msa=0&ll=56.220069,-3.316412&spn=0.017228,0.039439

Forecast still very good, wind calmed down a bit which is probably a good thing B)

George Young

what directions does the bishops hill handle?i know it,s west facing ....but what about a little south or north etc.question for one of the local lads really.also any pilots list out yet?

Mark, as you say Bishop is more-or-less west facing but works fine when there is a little south in it. There seems to be some  straightening effect when the wind is cocked off a little. I suspect that when the air mass flows over Loch Leven it has to go straight up to get over the big hill in the way :unsure: !!

Think Peter might get some scores out later, but every round has been won by mid/low 30s, with quite a few fliers taking different rounds. Chuffed myself with breaking 30s again too! Mike Mc also getting close with a 31 something, but many other low 30s too.

So the scores on the doors are:

1    Mark Redsell     11836.71
2    Paul Upton        10991.73
3    Tom Foreman    10787.87
4    Mark Abbotts     10718.98
5    Peter Gunning   10552.65
6    Mike McCracke 10119.48
7    David Watson    9658.41
8    George Young   9582.91
9    Ewan Maxwell    9434.47
10    Robert Carson  9088.62
11    David Reid        6489.15

Mark as dominant as the scores suggest with the vast majority sub 35, one 29.36 and a 30.11. Paul going very steady a couple of 33's in there, Tom is having a blinder with a 33 and Mark is on his heels with a best of 34 so far. My first two turns of the comp were flicks and the second lead to the death of my FS3 (it will fix) but playing catch up. Mike going OK with a new PB of 31.42.

Forecast good for tomorrow, some of us will need another 13 rounds to make a difference but here goes!

• Like 1