Sign in to follow this  
isoaritfirst

Winter F3f leagues

Gromit

A cracking day as you would say no doubt Stu, a bit more cracking for me as my Wiz bit the dust :o  or dirt!!

Anyone got a spare Wiz Compact fuselage going? - before I look at repair or complete replacement with something else.

Hard to believe I made 4th in the first round with my new PB.

Scram, sorry to hear about your Wiz . I hope you find that it is repairable. If not then maybe as you say, somebody's got a spare fuz gathering dust in their workshop.  Are the wings OK ?

Stu.

Scram

Scram, sorry to hear about your Wiz . I hope you find that it is repairable. If not then maybe as you say, somebody's got a spare fuz gathering dust in their workshop.  Are the wings OK ?

Stu.

Wings are fine and the fus is repairable from the receiver back.  Only trouble is, the front bit is buried somewhere under the LM heather  :(   Nose cone too but I have a spare.

Gromit

Wings are fine and the fus is repairable from the receiver back.  Only trouble is, the front bit is buried somewhere under the LM heather  :(   Nose cone too but I have a spare.

I hope someone on the Forum can help source a new fuz for you.

Stu.

Scram

Thanks Stu ...........

............ and Mike for getting steamed up on battery search.  Hope to see you next time.

isoaritfirst

Link to results now corrected - 

Peter G

Hi All

Well we did manage a comp today despite some pretty challenging conditions.

It was clear when we arrived so we got the course up quickly before a really heavy shower stopped play for about 45 minutes.

With about 10-12 ms (25mph) to start with but slightly off to the left there was plenty of lift for pumping, my FS4 felt very light in the first couple of rounds with 1.7kg in it!

Peter won round 1 with a 47.44 followed by Craig looking very racy with a 50.14 and Mike McCracken on 54. Mike found his feet with some awesome pumpage in round 2, taking the round with a 43.52 from Peter with a 45 and Ian Stewart with a 54. Unfortunately Ian broke the fuse of his Skorpion landing so that was it for his day. To be fair landing was very tricky and it was very easy to come up short and be forced to land out of sight, ask me how I know. Ewan couldn’t feel his fingers in these rounds and Peter was struggling too as the wet gloves and wind combined to wick away heat.

Peter went sub 40 in round 3 with a 39.47 having kept the momentum gained in the massive pumps pretty well. Ewan also went sub 40 with a 39.70 with a very impressive run with his Cyril. It was a punishing round for everyone else though as next was Mike with a 52. Ewan won round 4 with a 46.69 followed by Mike with a 47.88 and Peter on 50 with a cut that wasn’t as Ian was temporarily mesmerized by the awesomeness of his flying ;0)

The wind had got up to around 20ms by round 5 and Mike returned to em turns after a dabble with reversals and won the round with a 44.55, Peter had a proper cut this time and ended on 46 and Ewan had a 50. Sam, who had been plugging away fine up to this point flew a decent 58 in round 6 and then came up short on landing, ending up well down the back in an area where it is notoriously difficult to find models. Peter went sub-40 again in round 6 with FTD of 39.42 followed by Mike with a 42.37 and Ewan with a 43.44 and to prove just how easy it is to come up short on landing on East Lomond in high winds, Peter did it too and also ended up well down the back with a crashed FS4.

Fortunately both Sam and Peter were relatively lucky with their crashes and wings and fuselages were pretty much intact. Sam’s Needle 124 has a snapped joiner which saved a lot of damage. Peter’s FS4 wings and joiner were intact but ripped out of the top of the fuse with a bit of root damage. That will give us both something to do over the holiday period. We gave up after that as the wind was still getting up and we would have been down to 4 competitors and the results were:

1          Peter Gunning               4914.92            1000.00

2          Mike McCracken           4775.96            971.72

3          Ewan Maxwell                4566.31            929.07

4          Craig Maxwell                4097.16            833.61

5          Sam Smith                    3728.38            758.58

6          Ian Stewart                    1546.25            314.60

FTD 39.42 Peter Gunning

Our next comp is 11th January, hopefully we will have a few more out to play after Christmas.

Happy Christmas to all and may the New year bring health and happiness.

Peter

• Like 2

Martin_N

Good report Pete, glad to hear you got a comp, we are still to fly one in Wales :(

Gromit

Hi Peter,   Thanks for your good report. Sounds like you had some pretty challenging and 'Wild' conditions for your Comp today.

Well done to all who entered on your results, and for supporting Peter in today's Scotish F3f Winter League Comp  :thumbsup:

Stu.

isoaritfirst

Forecast is good to Go..

9.30 at Pole cot, Long Mynd

Next Long Mynd F3f Event is this Saturday.

Weather is booked for Sunshine and a nice 15mph southerly.  10mph Westely

Hope to see you there.

Please RSVP here 

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

isoaritfirst

Weather still looking nice for tomorrow's comp up the mynd.

See you there 9.30

Les

See you in the morning.

abbof3f

See you in the morning.

i cannot make it guys to much work on at mo ...have a good race :(

Andy_B

Bleeding feast or famine ain't it mate .......see ya soon

• Like 1

Andy_B

Mike put doc Pete down for tomorrow

Phil.Taylor

Sorry, cant make this one - Aussie relations dropping by tomorrow - dont think they'd enjoy a January day on the Mynd

Have a good one - at least you wont get blown away this time

Phil.

Gromit

Have a 'Cracking' day guys, good luck to all. look forward to seeing the report later this evening. Maybe a pic or two please as well :thumbsup:

Stu.

Peter G

We had a fantastic day up the Bishop today. It was cold and the sun was a bit of a pain, being low and hovering around base B most of the day but the conditions were sublime! The wind was about 16-17ms (35mph) pretty steady all day and there was very little thermal activity making it about as consistent as we have flown for a long while.

I won’t go through round by round as one person won all but one and as Mike said, it would read like an autobiography! I had a great day and have been really getting on with the stinger since breaking both my Freestylers. I love it! Every round was sub-40 with a couple of 35’s later on being the quickest of them.

Paul came in second and was flying both N 115 and Vampire, not getting great times out of the Needle initially around the 40s mark as he hasn’t had that much stick time with it, he switched to the Vampire and did much the same. When he changed back to the Needle later on things went better though and he pumped in a couple of 37’s in rounds 11 and 12 in his classic reversal style.

Mike was experimenting a bit too flying Stinger initially and Pike Precision towards the end he started very well with a couple of 38’s and then started experimenting with reversals but was still running solidly in second until a 43 and a 44 in rounds 11 and 13 when Paul was putting in his quick times switched their positions but it was close. He proved to himself what he can do in round 14 with a very well flown 36.

Tom was maybe a bit rusty early on after more mtb than F3F so far this winter but soon found his groove and was flying some very nice em lines from the mid point onwards. Four 38’s and a 39 were a decent haul for the day and he ended up pretty close to the 2nd & 3rd place men.

Dave started with a sparkling 38 and then wandered off flying mid 40’s for a good few rounds. Maybe a little bit rusty after more building than flying so far this winter. However, he was ripping it up again in rounds 11 and 12 with a 37 and a 38. A few to many in the mid 40’s for him to place as high as we know he can.

Ewan also had a bit of an inconsistent day, starting with a 39 and then not matching it for the rest of the day. George was very consistent in the low 40’s but didn’t manage to break the 40s mark, the one round that he did look like going sub-40 we had to abort as the timing gear was playing up with a frayed cable. Dave, Ewan and George were pretty close at the finish though.

So the results were:

1          Peter Gunning               13000.00          Stinger

2          Paul Upton                    12104.90          N115 / Vampire

3          Mike McCracken           12058.34          Stinger / Pike Precision

4          Tom Foreman                11938.42          Stinger

5          David Watson                11392.93          Stinger

6          Ewan Maxwell                11343.73          Cyril

7          George Young               11204.61          Pike Precision

FTD Peter Gunning 35.24

George and his Pike

Dave sporting beard and hat taped on with insulating tape a la  Mike Shellim

So a very good day out on the whole, with fantastic lift conditions and no damage to any models despite the low sun.

• Like 4

George Young

Brilliant day and excellent conditions. Congrats to Peter and his Stinger, they were quick all day!

Great to get some good flying in, I just need to learn to fly the course a tiny bit tighter! Rusty? Absolutely!

abbof3f

Brilliant day and excellent conditions. Congrats to Peter and his Stinger, they were quick all day!

Great to get some good flying in, I just need to learn to fly the course a tiny bit tighter! Rusty? Absolutely!

Well done pete, looks like you had a stunning day!