Sign in to follow this  
woolly

Wizard Compact

woolly

Hi all I have just acquired a very nice Wizard Compact, can anybody help me

Regarding aerial location. I have just bought a Spektrum  AR6260 receiver with long

Aerial tails, it appears that inside the nose cone it looks like carbon layup, so do I lay

one inside the nose cone and route one to the outside or both to the outside.

And does anybody have any setup details.   

oipigface

It seems that you are using 2.4MHz gear, and the fuselage and/or nosecone is all carbon. If this is right, then both aerials need to be outside the fuselage (and the nosecone) preferably at right angles to one another, and in positions that minimise the chances of the transmitter being unable to 'see' at least one of them in flight. If there is no carbon blocking the signal then the aerials can be mounted inside the fus, but still should be at right angles to each other. Settings are here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1354838

woolly

Thanks for reply oipigface, yes I am using 2.4Mhz I might have not explained myself properly(which is not unusual) the nose cone is glass it is the servo/battery  tray which appears to be carbon. So I will put one on tray and one outside at 90deg to each other as you suggest. Thanks also for setup details looking forward to its first flight.

Cheers Mick.

oipigface

The key thing (as I said in my previous post) is to be sure that whatever orientation the plane is, there is at least one of the aerials with an unobstructed 'view' of the transmitter. if the servo tray is indeed carbon and you lay one of the aerials on top of it, it will be masked entirely from the underside of the plane. It may be better to run it into the nose of the plane (I'm assuming there is no carbon there), so that it is above the servo tray and partially visible from below. If the both the inner nose cone and the slip on cover are carbon-free, there is no need to have an exterior aerial at all. Just make sure that the aerials are visible as described above..

Make sure you do a careful range-check before you fling it off.

woolly

I have had a good look inside the servo tray and carbon runs to the front  and you are right it would certainly obstruct the 'view' to the transmitter. After lots of fiddling about I have bought the aerials to the outside of the fus via two small holes either side, thanks for the tips.

Mick

Peter Franklin

Hi, What setup did you finally go with, Control surface movements, C of G etc?

I have a V tail version.