Shinto from Aer-O-Tec

Martin_N

I guess it's pretty light going by the cloth used?

Looks good.

It weighs about 1.71Kg with no gear in it. I don't think it will be a heavy model when complete, but still manages to feel very solid. Premoulded noseweight was supplied, and the lead main ballast weights are zinc plated, so sealed.

Simon

PhilippeLanes

Hello Simon,

I have one Shinto in order too, just one question: what servos you put forward in the wings, you have a rds version I think?

Thanks in advance

philippe

Hello Simon,

I have one Shinto in order too, just one question: what servos you put forward in the wings, you have a rds version I think?

Thanks in advance

philippe

Bonjour Phillippe. I plan to use MKS servos in the wings, 6625 on flaps, and 6125 minis (or HV version if it comes out soon) on ailerons. I have the RDS version but I don't have RDS for it yet. I might just use an LDS or similar, but I haven't started thinking about the wing yet. I am working on the fuselage first, and should start working the wings in a week or so.

Simon

Bonjour Phillippe. I plan to use MKS servos in the wings, 6625 on flaps, and 6125 minis (or HV version if it comes out soon) on ailerons. I have the RDS version but I don't have RDS for it yet. I might just use an LDS or similar, but I haven't started thinking about the wing yet. I am working on the fuselage first, and should start working the wings in a week or so.

Simon

What s the layup Si and prices ?

Very nice indeed ST - first you get FS4s and now you're running with a Shinto.....sheesh, we may all as well give up!

Cheers,

Greg

Very nice indeed ST - first you get FS4s and now you're running with a Shinto.....sheesh, we may all as well give up!

Cheers,

Greg

I am indeed very lucky to have a set of fantastic models in this WC year, Fosa, Needle, FS4 & Shinto. Setting up, practicing and finally downselecting the 3 models to be entered for Donavaly is going to be great fun.

Simon

I am indeed very lucky to have a set of fantastic models in this WC year, Fosa, Needle, FS4 & Shinto. Setting up, practicing and finally downselecting the 3 models to be entered for Donavaly is going to be great fun.

Simon

Jeez simon ,you,ve had more models than Jim Davidson!

• Like 1

Stefan Bertschi

Strange man you are Mr Thornton :)

Did you get bored after winning 3 times in a row with the FS4 and looking for a new challenge now?

Anyway beautiful plane, looking forward to see it's performance

• Like 1

Fuselage all done, and looms installed. Started working on the wings today. The model is set up for RDS with pockets installed, but no linkage supplied. I had asked Stefan Eder at Aer-O-Tec for LDS linkages, but Vladimir has not finalised the design yet, so I have been cooking up something similar. It has meant making four identical horns for the ailerons, which is pretty painful as I don't have any machining capability here. Results so far:

post-1762-0-43106300-1393716701_thumb.jp

post-1762-0-48745700-1393716779_thumb.jp

Not touched the Shinto since last weekend due to work, and spent today repairing fences. So was good to spend an hour this evening sorting the aileron linkages and preparing the ailerons to fit the horns. Everything seems to fit well, no binding but tight linkage, just need to do final gluing of horn and servo mount.

Simon

post-1762-0-64234500-1394309840_thumb.jp

post-1762-0-36523700-1394309883_thumb.jp

Slow progress this week, but ailerons fully finished now. Loads of throw, and zero slop, which is a relief. Next job is to start the flap horns. I will use the same linkage, but with 6mm RDH drive rather than the 5mm RDH used on the ailerons. The fuz is fully fitted out, so once the flaps are done, should only require a little setting up, final balance, and ready to fly.

Simon

• 3 weeks later...