Sign in to follow this  
Tone-the-glider

Vac forming sheet

Tone-the-glider

Hi Friends

I have 5m scale (ish) model.

Going to have a go at making my own replacement canopy for it. (reason I haven flown it for years)

been looking at youtube so in the progress of making a vac forming rig.

Problem I am having though, is finding a supplier of the correct sheet.

Thought I had,  approx £9 for a 2mm x 800 x 500 sheet, sounds great until I tried to checkout.

Wanted £22 for delivery !!!

So my query is does any one know of a supplier local to the Reading/guildford area or even a online supplier with reasonable postages charges.

Cheers Tony. 

RGPuk

Try Trent Plastics on FleaBay.

Ro.

satinet

is it unreasonable? Try taking a sheet of 800x500 card down the post office and see how much they charge you.

• Like 1

RGPuk

is it unreasonable? Try taking a sheet of 800x500 card down the post office and see how much they charge you.

Delivery charges, and the services suppliers choose to use, is a real minefield nowadays.

A 500mm x 500mm x 2mm sheet of polycarb from Trent is only £4.94 plus £5.50 delivery. Granted, that's 'economy' and probably takes more than a couple of days.

Maybe the 22 quid was next-day courier?

Ro.

Brinky

Hi,

Try ringing Roly at Sarik vacform in Bristol. He's made canopies for lot's of scale gliders over the years, so he's probably already got a suitable mould to make a canopy for you. He's very helpful and prices are very reasonable too. He might sell you some polycarb if you really want to diy ?

Mike