Sign in to follow this  
AndyM

Hello!

AndyM

Hi there guys and gals.

My name is Andy, and I've been an R/C pilot now for 28 years, and got my powered "B" certificate a looong time ago when I was a wee lad of 11.  

These days I fly mostly slope, with a few electric soarers for when the weather is right, plus a great big almighty glider tug with a zenoah 62 up front.  Oh and a quadcopter for FPV flying.

I have been a BARCS member in the past, but have not renewed in a couple of years now - something I hope to remedy in the near future.

My particular gliding interests range from small PSS up to quarter and third scale monsters, with more or less everything in between.  I have a particular penchant for rare tail-less aircraft, as seen in my avatar.  I recently bought the Pike WR that was on sale on fleabay, so thought I'd dabble a bit at the cheap end of F3F (plus she will make an awesome everyday sports aircraft).

As said I'd like to dabble a bit in F3F, would love to try some cross-country, and have never flown off a winch.  I live in south warwickshire, so am reasonably well placed for events around the country, even if I struggle for decent slopes on my doorstep.

Anyway, hope so to see some (or all!) of you around at some point on the slopes or in the field.

Cheers!

Andy

oipigface

Andy,

You want to dabble in F3F? Why not sign up for Whitesheet this weekend?

• Like 1

AndyM

Hi John,

Would love to, but I didn't even know there was anything on this weekend, so unfortunately have a prior engagement.

Hope the forecast holds out, does look like a nice south-westerly! Am now desperate to commit aviation with this Pike!

JG

Hello Andy welcome to the BARCS forums  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Gromit

Welcome to the Barcs Forums Andy :) .

Stu.

• Like 1

isoaritfirst

Hi Andy,

Next weekend is the Long Mynd F3f - these are aimed as introductory events so we aim to be very relaxed and offer lots of advice to those that want it. The Mynd is probably one of your most local slopes, and severl flyiers often travel up from Warwick area.

It would be a great opportunity to meet a few of the locals and knock the dust off that Pike.

You will find a link in the calender tab above to the event if you fancy it.

• Like 1

MikeDaBike

Which slopes do you fly from in Warwickshire ? Not Burton Dasset by any chance ? Mike

AndyM

Hi Mike,

Yes indeedy the great huge hill that is Burton!  Also get across to the Malverns, and tend to fly often from Westbury White Horse too, as the parents live down that way still.  I want to visit the South Cotswold slopes as well - they aren't too far away in reality.

MikeDaBike

Hi Mike,

Yes indeedy the great huge hill that is Burton!  Also get across to the Malverns, and tend to fly often from Westbury White Horse too, as the parents live down that way still.  I want to visit the South Cotswold slopes as well - they aren't too far away in reality.

Well, see you sometime at BD in that case. Probably when it's not so cool ....

• Like 1

AndyM

Had a great session at BD on Sunday - quite a few fliers were up.  Maidened (well , maidened for me) the Pike WR, and had a good 3rd flight with the Valkyrie, even if she was a wee bit pitchy.

Woodstock

Pike WR is a great glider.

AndyM

Yup, definitely.  Felt instantly at-home and fully confident with her - a really nice machine.  I had a Pike-Plus many moons ago that I really enjoyed, but that wasn't really as aerobatic as this, but it was a lot lighter.

• Like 1