English open F3f

Gromit

The date that this 2 day event will now be held is over the weekend of August 30th-31st.

Stu, Whitesheet Comp Sec.

Hi Stu - hoping I can make it - will be great to see the English Open running again

good to move it away from the Bank Holiday - the A303 can get really bad

just to clarfiy - on Post No.47 - you said sport fly Sat / comp Sunday? - when I did the race in 2008 it was 2x days racing?

Phil.

Just wondered but is the only way to find out when the competitions are this summer by holding your own and being informed that its a clash?

Ian

Hi Ian, Since becoming Whitesheet Comp sec a yr ago, and more recently in organising/planning the return of The English Open, i've become very aware and impressed with all the 'behind the scenes' communication and planning between all the organisers of  the F3f comps in the UK. I know that a huge amount of time and effort goes into planning and producing the yearly F3f calender of events. I can assure both yourself and everyone else, that dates are carefully planned to avoid any clashes. Its my mistake regarding identifying the correct date of the August Bank holiday date that this clash has now occured.

Stu.

• Like 1

I think both Stu and I both thought that  the Aug bank holiday was as the end of August :o ( which I know it has been on many many occasions ... must be getting older ;) ) just falls this year differently.

Thanks Stu for all your organising so far. It will I think be virtually impossible to 'fit in' with everyone but Im sure it will be an event well worth attending.Will be there in shorts and t shirt and loving the 12-14 mile an hour SW breeze:) :) :) :)

All the dates will be posted within the next 24hrs, sometimes it takes longer than anticipated but we want to get it as right as possible now to avoid changes. It is after all the 20th January and 4 months in advance of the first bmfa event:).

I will start a thread as normal with all event dates and post everything on the GBSRA website which will inlcude links to all slope soaring club websites.(no more anyone got a map :) )

BARCS will be the hub for all soaring event discussion, it is without doubt the best forum available fro support this network in the UK.

Martin

• 4 months later...

Hi All.

I shall be giving details over the next few days regarding how & when to enter, the return of the English Open at Whitesheet, on August 30th - 31st 2014.

I would like to confirm to you all that the finalised format for the event is that it will be the same as when very successfully held in the past, ie, it will be a 2 day F3f competition.

Stu , Whitesheet Comp Sec.

• Like 1

Hi All,

Apologies guys, 3 days of feeling very unwell has delayed my update for you. I shall do so asap this week.

Unwell Stu :(

Hi Guys,

The English Open F3f competition was staged very succesfully by the Whitesheet RFC from 2003 - 2008, i know many of you have fond memories of this event over the 6 yrs it was held. Past winners and runners up of the event are :-

2003.  1st  Ken Woodhouse.   2, A Ellison.         3, John McCurdy.

2004.  1st, Kevin Newton.        2, Simon Hall.      3,  John McCurdy.

2005.  1st  Mike Evans.           2, Mark Southall.  3, John Bennett.

2006.  1st. Mike Shellim.          2, John Bennett.  3  John Philips.

2007.  1st  Kevin Newton.        2  John Philips.    3  John Bennett.

2008,   1st. Mark Redsell         2  Keith Wood.     3, Graham Reed.

The English Open on August 30th-31st 2014 will provide 2 days of competitive F3f racing, free of any leagues or qualifiers and is open to all.

Entry fee will be 10.00 pounds. You do not need to pay at this moment in time.

There will be Trophies for the top 3 placings.

There will be a raffle of goodies. The contents of which i shall advise you all of soon.

As in the previous years that the comp was held, there will be a social event at a local hostelry, for a meal and a drinks on the Saturday evening. I shall post details of the venue, menu, approx additional cost for the evening in due course.

With the English Open not having been staged for the past 6 yrs i have had no data to refer too to get a good approximation of numbers likely to attend its re-introduction into the F3f calender. In order for me to continue my organising i now need to know numbers.

Entry for the return of The English Open F3f 2014 will open on Friday 6th June at 9.00am. Entry will close on Friday 4th July at 10.00pm.

Please send your entries to swallacegromit@aol.com

Please state;-

Name;-

BMFA no;-

Freq;-

Would you also please state if you wish to attend the social , ie meal and drinks at a local venue on the Saturday evening. I need to know expected no's attending.

I shall be regularly updating this thread and keeping you informed of all news etc leading up to the comp

Regards.

• Like 1

Hi Guys, 

50 minutes in after entry has opened, and I am recieving entries already. Many thanks to these pilots for registering so soon after entry has opened & securing their entry :thumbsup: . Its a very encouraging start indeed, it points to what I'm certain is going to be a very well supported return of The English Open. 

Thanks again guys for your early support.

Hi guys,   Before leaving home at lunch time on saturday for Italy, i sent e-mails of confirmation of entry to all those who had sent their entries in early. I have recieved many more entries since. I shall send out e-mails of confirmation of entry to all of these on my return home ie begining of next week.

Thanking you all for your support  :thumbsup:

Stu. 

Hi Guys,

I have now sent out confirmation of entry to all those who have sent their entries in while I was away last week. Many thanks to all of these for their support for the return of the English Open F3f.

note;- Would everyone please ensure that along with your registration details, you state whether you will be coming along for the meal & social on the Saturday evening. Many of the entries I've received have forgotten to do this & I'm having to send out reminders.

Regards

Stu.

Hi guys,

Many thanks to all of you that have so far sent in their entry to the English open F3f comp. Having now reached the halfway point in accepting entries  ie, entry closes 4th July, i shall be posting the list of all the confirmed entries later today.

I would like to take this oportunity to thank many of you for all the kind words of encouragement and support in organising the return of the English open F3f comp that many of you have included with your entries. These are all very much appreciated and make all the time & effort i'm putting into organising the event all the more worthwhile.

Stu.

Here is the list of pilots whose entries I have to date received, for the English Open F3f, Aug 30-31st, 2014.

1     Dave Rumble.            

2     Ian Falconer.

3     Tony Livingstone.

4     Graeme Mahoney.

5     Roger Hilman.

6     John Treble.

7     Keith Wood.

8     Phil Taylor.

9     Frank Hulton.

10    Martin Drewett.

11    Mathew How.

12    Mike Shellim.

13    Stuart Wallace.

14    Joe Cubbitt.

15    Jack Cubbitt.

16    Scott Ravenscroft.

17    Pete Burgess.

18    Mark Treble.

19    Andy Burgoyne.

20    Mike Evans.

21    Leigh Tolsen.

22.   Ian Mason.

Note;- All pilots are 2.4, except Phil Taylor, 35 meg  77, 78

Many thanks to all the above for your entries and support.

Note ;- If you've sent your entry in to me & you haven't received an entry confirmation e-mail from me, & your name doesn't appear above, please e-mail me asap at  swallacegromit@aol.com

Entry for the return of The English Open F3f 2014 will close on Friday 4th July at 10.00pm.

Please send your entries to swallacegromit@aol.com

Please state;-

Name;-

BMFA no;-

Freq;-

Would you also please state if you wish to attend the social , ie meal and drinks at a local venue on the Saturday evening. I need to know expected no's attending this. Wives and partners are most welcome to join us for this evening. Please let me know no's if they would like to come along.

Many thanks & Regards to all,

Stu, Whitesheet Comp sec.

• Like 1

English Open News Flash :-

Hi guys,

I have some excellent news regarding sponsorship for the English Open F3f competition 2014.  I'm delighted about this news, and look forward to making this announcement later this evening.

Stu,  Whitesheet Comp Sec.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I am delighted to announce to everyone that Tony Fu, of Sloperacer, is to be the main sponsor for the English Open F3f competition at Whitesheet for 2014. This is excellent news indeed. Its great to have Tony, and the name of Sloperacer, as a sponsor and supporter of the event.

On behalf of the Whitesheet RFC committee I would like to take this opportunity to both welcome, and thank Tony for his support, and for providing what is truly fantastic sponsorship.

I shall be posting more details tomorrow ie Friday 27th June.

• Like 1