English open F3f

Gromit

Here are the results and scores for the English Open 2014.

I shall make the spreadsheet available when I get back home this evening.

Mike Evans managed to hold onto his lead from day 1, The final scores for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, are unbelieveably close. The scores for 5th 6th 7th & 8th place are equally as close.

1      MIKE EVANS                 11949.68

2      MARK TREBLE              11556.76

3      TONY LIVINGSTONE    11513.11

4      GRAEME MAHONEY    11502.85

5      DAVE RUMBLE             11355.97

6      MARTIN DREWETT      11299.02  

7      STUART  WALLACE     11290.95

8      ANDY BURGOYNE       11276.67

9      MARK ABBOTTS           11050.85

10    JOE  CUBBITT               10970.97

11    MIKE SHELLIM              10928.52

12    MICK WALSH                 10745.10

13    JON TREBLE                  10715.27

14    PAUL STUBLEY             10669.54

15    PHIL TAYLOR                 10630.73

16    IAN FALCONER              10482.77

17    MATHEW HOW               10285.86

18    TOM MACPHERSON        9610 .96

19    ROGER HILMAN               9210.79

20    NEIL ROGERS                  8991.80

21    JACK CUBBITT                 4867.94

22    MARTIN BURR                  3549.59

Very well done and congratulations to Mike Evans on being the winner of the English Open 2014.

Mike flew consistently well all weekend but particularly on day 1 winning rounds 3,4,5 and 8. Mike also got the FTD on day 1 with a 42.22 in rd 5. On day two Mike won one more round, this being round 10.

Congratulations next go to Mark Treble for being runner up .For some time now Mark has been consistently achieving excellent results on the F3F circuit up and down the country.

Congratulations next to Whitesheets very own Tony Livingstone on getting 3rd place. Tony flew very well indeed all weekend. Tony too has been achieving some excellent comp results these past few yrs.

Huge congratulations to everyone on their results. Thankyou all for supporting the event and making it the great success it was.

Stu.

I am very pleased you got a great comp in, well done to Mike on winning !

On day one I was sloping in Jersey so couldn't join in, but had my own fun anyway !

Well done Gromit for organising it, maybe next year ....

• Like 1

It was a great success, Gromit, and despite the slightly glitchy software, it ran very smoothly.

Well done!

I'm sure that others will want to join me in awarding you the privilege of organising it again next year.

Cheers,

John

• Like 1

Thanks Stu for making it happen, and all your prayers to the weather gods seemed to have worked.

Incredibly close finish between me, Tony and Graeme - looking forward to inspecting the spreadsheet!

As Mike says, the trophies really are superb and look forward to a hard fought battle again next year to win one of those.

• Like 1

Very enjoyable weekend and the podium places were very well deserved.

Thank you Stu for getting this event back on the map and to Andy B for sharing the CD duties and Mark for doing the buzzer duties.

I consider myself lucky to hold onto the 5th spot,  but the alliaj certainly didn't hang around when I got some good air in one of the rounds on day 2

• Like 1

And well done for arranging for the Red Arrows to fly by on the Saturday aswell Stu .................can we have the Vulcan next year please

• Like 2

For those that didn't see it yesterday.

Look what you could have won!

New English Open Trophy  B)

And just for good measure -

2005 English Open

Hand Made by Sarah Ayling 

(9 years ago - :o )

One of the few that Liz has always allowed out on display.

• Like 1

Incredibly close finish between me, Tony and Graeme - looking forward to inspecting the spreadsheet!

Yes it was a good battle Mark, very close, must be less than a second between Tony and me, any ideas Stu?

Superb weekend in challenging conditions with great company, it doesn't get any better!

Congrats Mike, Mark & Tony superbly flown and well deserved.

Thanks for organising Stu, very smoothly managed.

Graeme

• Like 1

Huge THANK YOU to Stu for making all of this happen

big CONGRATS to Mike - well flown

lots of grumbling about the conditions - but thats the Whitesheet challenge !

so here's a little "haiku" (5-7-5)

wind comes and wind goes
sometimes lift, and sometimes not
summer F3F

Phil.

and another cut...

• Like 1

Well done guys - looks like you had a great time, and many congrats Mike for bringing the trophy home to its rightful place in the Midlands ;-) Looks like it was a very comprehensive victory!

Cheers,

Greg

Huge THANK YOU to Stu for making all of this happen

big CONGRATS to Mike - well flown

lots of grumbling about the conditions - but thats the Whitesheet challenge !

so here's a little "haiku" (5-7-5)

wind comes and wind goes

sometimes lift, and sometimes not

summer F3F

Phil.

and another cut...

says the man who had the best air of the weekend ............!!

Congrats to all, especially top 3, and Stu for pilling it together. Great to see quite a few names not normally at the bmfa comps - keep it up guys. (2nd to 4th looks b...... close).

Congrats to all, especially top 3, and Stu for pulling it together. Great to see quite a few names not normally at the bmfa comps - keep it up guys. (2nd to 4th looks b...... close).

• Like 1

It was a great success, Gromit, and despite the slightly glitchy software, it ran very smoothly.

Well done!

I'm sure that others will want to join me in awarding you the privilege of organising it again next year.

Cheers,

John

Hi John,

Thanks for your words.

I'd just like to explain to everyone exactly what your referring too when you say in your post, quote, 'slightly glitchy software'. I'm concerned that without the full knowledge of the true facts some people might cast doubt on the accuracy of the results.

Here then are the facts ;-   In total we flew 326 flights over the 2 days, 9 of these were re-flights, all for exactly the same reason. This was because on these 9 occaisions the timer failed to start recording the pilots time. For some reason if the final beep of the timers audible last 5 seconds countdown happened simultaneously with the 'on course' buzzer being pressed at base A, the timer failed to begin recording the pilots time. On each of these 9 ocaisions both myself and Andy who Cd'd the event, immeadiately recognised the problem as soon as the pilot reached the first turn on his run. The pilot was given a re-flight, and the reason for the re-flight was given.

This was the only 'slight glitch' that occured with any of the timing equipment throughout the entire competition. We did not experience another single problem with the correct functioning of the timing gear throughout the competition. We did not have a single fault with the base buzzers either.

Stu, Whitesheet Comp Sec.

I'll join the chorus in thanking Stu and the crew for reviving this competition so successfully and putting Whitesheet firmly back on the map. It was a lot of fun! Also to our sponsors.

Here are a few photos... apologies for a couple of caption omissions which I will fill later.

Slideshow: http://rcsoar.zenfolio.com/english_open_2014/slideshow

Not a slideshow: http://rcsoar.zenfolio.com/english_open_2014

Cheers

Mike

• Like 5

Hi John,

Thanks for your words.

I'd just like to explain to everyone exactly what your referring too when you say in your post, quote, 'slightly glitchy software'. I'm concerned that without the full knowledge of the true facts some people might cast doubt on the accuracy of the results.

Here then are the facts ;-   In total we flew 326 flights over the 2 days, 9 of these were re-flights, all for exactly the same reason. This was because on these 9 occaisions the timer failed to start recording the pilots time. For some reason if the final beep of the timers audible last 5 seconds countdown happened simultaneously with the 'on course' buzzer being pressed at base A, the timer failed to begin recording the pilots time. On each of these 9 ocaisions both myself and Andy who Cd'd the event, immeadiately recognised the problem as soon as the pilot reached the first turn on his run. The pilot was given a re-flight, and the reason for the re-flight was given.

This was the only 'slight glitch' that occured with any of the timing equipment throughout the entire competition. We did not experience another single problem with the correct functioning of the timing gear throughout the competition. We did not have a single fault with the base buzzers either.

Stu, Whitesheet Comp Sec.

Perhaps David Loomes needs to be informed as he developed the software I believe

Well done guys - looks like you had a great time, and many congrats Mike for bringing the trophy home to its rightful place in the Midlands ;-) Looks like it was a very comprehensive victory!

Cheers,

Greg

At the start of day 2 Mike had built himself a points lead of 568.33 over Mark. Mark was at that time in 3rd place. During day 2 Mark flew superbly, I began to think that he may have levelled the scores. When the results came through Mark had cut Mikes lead to 392.92.

Stu.