Sign in to follow this  
Gromit

English open F3f

mtreble

I began to think that he may have levelled the scores. 

Stu.

If I hadn't had 3 cuts on day 2... then maybe?

Gromit

Perhaps David Loomes needs to be informed as he developed the software I believe

Dave, this 'slight glitch' will be sorted prior to the commencement of the Southern Winter League. This coming winter all 4 of these events will be at Whitesheet, the dates for these have already been set along with 4 reserve dates too. I shall soon be starting a separate thread about the coming Southern Winter League at Whitesheet.

The David Loomes timer is a fantastic f3f piece of kit. Its functions, accuracy, and ease of use are truly excellent. As you know David's timer is the timer of choice of Mike Evans at the Long Mynd soaring association and by Martin Newnham for the BMFA comps. Both Mike & Martin earlier this year highly recommended it to us at the Whitesheet RFC.

I'm certain that David will be able to easily correct this very 'slight glitch'.

Stu.

Andy_B

Just for the record , Ive spoken to Martin about the above 'Glitches' as I did see similar things on our timer   and Martin had seen the same on his , there is a possibility that it is in fact the buzzers that are creating the problem and not the timer . Martin had noticed something that I hadn't in that a very short tap on the buzzer will sometimes not register a difference in voltage   and therefore the timer does not receive the on-course signal . Martin has since changed the buttons his buzzers and has not had anymore problems .

Ill do a bit more testing with ours and see if I can re-produce the problem now .

Andy.

Andy_B

Not all of the challenges were in the air on the weekend

• Like 5

Gromit

Oi  :o 

stu

Gromit

Hi Guys.

Spreadsheet posting update;-  Yesterday evening on my return home, I e-mailed all the pilots who took part in the English Open, asking them to e-mail me asap the name / names of the models they flew over the 2 days, and if more than 1 model, which model they flew in which round. As soon as I have this info from everyone, I shall enter this data into the spreadsheet and make the spreadsheet available.

Please check your e-mail in box's asap for this said e-mail. I have had replies from about 50 % of you so far.

Thanks

Stu.

rumbey

If I hadn't had 3 cuts on day 2... then maybe?

Was that in the first round with the double cut!!

rumbey

Nice one Mr B

mtreble

Was that in the first round with the double cut!!

The double cut on base A was in the first round (day2 - round 10), and I also cut base B in round 13 (I think!)

Alibabaj

The double cut on base A was in the first round (day2 - round 10), and I also cut base B in round 13 (I think!)

I was offering sacrifices to the cut gods however it wasn't enough well done Mark

• Like 1

Andy_B

I was offering sacrifices to the cut gods however it wasn't enough well done Mark

so it was your fault I cut twice then ................I think Phil held the record though

Phil.Taylor

so it was your fault I cut twice then ................I think Phil held the record though

Yep - that'll be me - especially the record for most cuts in one round - at least 3x of them  :blush:

(I blame too many rounds at the evening do - and afterwards... :P  )

Phil.

Alibabaj

I think it backfired as I had 2 biiig cuts

Andy_B

biggest smile of the weekend must have gone to our very own John (not so terrible now) Treble....I only heard this go   as John was flying after me ....but round 6    John did a 44.76 ......round winner   by 5 seconds from the nearest   and 10 better than most ........

I cant think of anyone more deserving ...............doff my cap to you John ..........

jeez those Pitbulls must be fast ......... ;)

• Like 4

Gromit

English Open Spreadsheet update ;-

The spreadsheed document is too large to attach to a forum post, it is 7MB. The largest single file size you can attach to a forum post is 2 MB.

It is not possible to reduce the size of the file. I have had this confirmed by Andy B. I understand that Mike Evans has found a way of doing so by using google docs. This apparently is not 'simples' and takes a while to do.

So as not to cause the pilots who entered the English Open any further delay i'm sending the spreadsheet to them now as an attachment in an e-mail. 

If anyone else wants to see a copy of the spreadsheet now, if you send me your e-mail address in a forum PM I will happily send a copy to you on receipt of your PM request.

Stu.

Phil.Taylor

Thanks Stu for the spreadsheet

OMG - I actually came second in one round - that Ceres still rocks - its an evil machine

and yes Andy, I would have easily won the last round with a tidier cut recovery (or no cut, but that wasnt how my day 2 happened)

Phil.

Gromit

Hi Guys.

I'l be posting my comp report here asap, I've been extremely busy these past 3 days + a funeral today.  I've not had the opportunity to finish it yet. Please be patient, rest assured i'l post it here asap.

Thanks for your understanding .

Stu.

Gromit

HI Guys.

Oooooops Please delete this post Austin 

Stu.

Gromit

ooops, please delete this Austin, thanks :thumbsup: .

Stu

Gromit

Hi Guys.

Here is my Comp Sec report for day 1 of the English Open 2014

Stu,  whitesheet Comp Sec.