Sign in to follow this  
Madgooner99

HI from Ray Staerck, one of the old Fairlop boys

Madgooner99

Just wanted to say hi to everyone.

As my son is growing up (nearly 15) i have more time to hopefully start competing in the Bartlets farm league next year and some other electric comps. Had a tinkle a few years back but didn't really have enough time to commit, but hopefully next year will be less busy.

Really loved our old Fairlop days in the late 80's and 90's, great fun and great memories. I have George Chestell's old Bird of Time that i was hand towing maybe 25 years ago. I've electrified it and its still a lovely old floater.

Looking to find a nice second hand 'tupperwear' model to compete with, wish i never sold my Shadow a few years back.

Anyway, looking forward to meeting old friends next year and making loads of new one's

Cheers

P.S. I wonder if i can find out what my old BARCS number was for when i rejoin

Ray

Austin

Welcome Ray

Peter our membership secretary can find your old number for you. If you rejoin through the website just leave the BARCS number field blank.

http://www.barcs.co.uk/forums/store/

simon_t

Hi Ray, good to hear from you. Those Fairlop comps were legendary. Great atmosphere and a wonderful bunch of folks. Did a lot of laughing at those comps. And the Bird of Time was (is) a great model.

Simon Thornton

Madgooner99

Welcome Ray

Peter our membership secretary can find your old number for you. If you rejoin through the website just leave the BARCS number field blank.

http://www.barcs.co.uk/forums/store/

Ok Austin thanks,

I'll get the form completed this weekend

Cheers

Ray

Madgooner99

Hi Ray, good to hear from you. Those Fairlop comps were legendary. Great atmosphere and a wonderful bunch of folks. Did a lot of laughing at those comps. And the Bird of Time was (is) a great model.

Simon Thornton

Yes happy days, if i had a Tardis not sure what comp or Radio Glide i'd go back to. We had soooooo much fun and yes a great bunch of guys, still miss Les Sparks loads

Ray

simon_t

Yes happy days, if i had a Tardis not sure what comp or Radio Glide i'd go back to. We had soooooo much fun and yes a great bunch of guys, still miss Les Sparks loads

Ray

Yes, Les often had me laughing in stitches!

Simon

pete beadle

Hi Ray

As Frank Ifield used to sing - "I remember you-oo!"

I hope you remember me at the Fairlop comps, which were ALL pretty special for me

If you remember, Fairlop is still the only place you could see the superb landings achieved by Chris Foss, where he landed right on the tone, to stop the watches, then let his Hi-Phase or Multiphase BOUNCE back into the air again, then down again into the (piled-up) landing tape for the "50" .....brilliant, and only possible on the billiard table mown grass at Fairlop!

"Lawn dart" landings for Mr Foss? not at Fairlop....those were indeed the days

And I towed for George once or twice.....

Welcome back Ray

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

PeteMitchell

Wotcha Mond, welcome back from the dark side.

I've got your number :thumbsup:

Madgooner99

Wotcha Mond, welcome back from the dark side.

I've got your number :thumbsup:

Hi Pete.....what's my old number i'm all excited

Had the new house upside down trying to find it but chucked out loads in the move

I've completed the joining form too

See ya soon mate

Ray

Madgooner99

Hi Ray

As Frank Ifield used to sing - "I remember you-oo!"

I hope you remember me at the Fairlop comps, which were ALL pretty special for me

If you remember, Fairlop is still the only place you could see the superb landings achieved by Chris Foss, where he landed right on the tone, to stop the watches, then let his Hi-Phase or Multiphase BOUNCE back into the air again, then down again into the (piled-up) landing tape for the "50" .....brilliant, and only possible on the billiard table mown grass at Fairlop!

"Lawn dart" landings for Mr Foss? not at Fairlop....those were indeed the days

And I towed for George once or twice.....

Welcome back Ray

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

ha ha ha Hi Pete....i remember yoooooohooooooo ha ha that made me smile

Yes, great flight from Mr Foss like all his others.....i always remember the boys from south of the water and the others from up norf always beating us at the comps....but me thinks the Fairlop boys winning the fun and laughter comp ha ha ,

I never really took it all too seriously back then just was very grateful to be with such a nice group of blokes (all except that horrible Pete Mitchell ha ha)...i always thought they took me along just as a tow man, i was thin then..... and i got easily distracted by the likes of Martin Seal, Dennis Heslop, Old Ray Gadeene, Les, Terry and Graham Wicks (Wicky was the only one that took it seriously and used to tell me off if i was spotting and mucking around with Martin lol)

Happy days... I've got some old pics ill post 

Ray

pete beadle

Hi Ray

If you're doing Bartletts league ELG next year you should recognise Ray Gadenne, Rod Potts and Alan Twine too...

possibly whatsisname - Brian Austin......

Wicksy's STILL not mucking about, but usually with Austin (our moderator) Colin Paddon and the like in F3J....

Hopefully I'll be seeing you too at Bartletts, still on 35 megs and on PeteM's old number, along with most of the Fairlop mob - "60".......

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

EssexBOF

Yes it will be good to see you again Ray, you would always get a welcome at Bartletts as the scenario is similar their to what you remember from the past, with no one as I recall taking it too seriously. That is what it is about IMHO

Sad to think that Les has been gone for 10 years now, with his wicked sense of humour. Seem to recall him telling me that he used to drive round to your place and throw gravel up to your bedroom window to get you up to go flying. Also his chiding of young John Wicks with his car that had no room for models as it was full of speakers for the radio!!!! Graham had to take his models.

I remember sitting in Martins caravan at Interglide at Wallsall with the rain tipping down for 2 days solid, chatting and messing about, in 1997 I recall. Les found an upmarket B&B for him and and me plus wives that had the bed screwed to the floor and the tele chained to the wall plus a meter to watch it. Happy days. Then all the interclub comps in the Essex area, sadly no more at Anglia, High Easter and Colchester.

Madgooner99

Terry and Dennis (and my/Dennis old camper van next to Terry's carpet van lol). I had lots of fun in that camper BTW ha ha ha

Madgooner99

Sexy boys . Can you name them?????

PeteMitchell

I can't remember the name of the guy far left, at least I don't remember him as a Fairlop member.

I think all the others wer club members, from right to left are probably :

Fred Smith, Eric (the Viking) Fischer, Ray Gadenne ? and Martin Seal.

Any idea where it was?  I don't remember it, but then there's a lot I don't remember of that time  :rolleyes:

Madgooner99

Far left is Tiny Church then i think its Graham Wicks, Ray Gad, Eric and Fred..... and you were probably pissed Mr Mitch being easily led astray by Martin lol