Halfpipe 120

Allen_The_Soarer

Allen_The_Soarer

As a lot of you dont go to the "other uk forum" thought I would share my little project with you guys over here too

As the title says this is my 3m half pipe, is now veneer finished and awaiting a 80g cloth epoxy finish

I was really hoping to put this through a F3F but a little cock up on my cals means it may just break the wing area rule with 141dm2 without ailerons and at the max 5kg would only have a wing loading of 35gdm2

so may not be heavy enough to pull record times

But thats not going to stop me coz this is a fun/silly project that just has to be done 

Hi Allen,

welcome, its been a while,

Looks like a fun project.

Most large wings I have seen or read about seem to be far too light to fly like their smaller brothers.

Perhaps the one exception was the big Reaper - but I think that suffered with flex. The Halfpipes larger root should make it a better choice.

Looks good Allen, I know we spoke about it last time at the Longman but actually seeing it the pictures I can appreciate its size.

How much longer before we see it grave the skies above the Longman?

Martin

Allen_The_Soarer

Hi Allen,

welcome, its been a while,

Looks like a fun project.

Most large wings I have seen or read about seem to be far too light to fly like their smaller brothers.

Perhaps the one exception was the big Reaper - but I think that suffered with flex. The Halfpipes larger root should make it a better choice.

I think people under estimate the wing area and fly them far too light I think I may have to forget about F3F and fly her at about 10kg

Allen_The_Soarer

Looks good Allen, I know we spoke about it last time at the Longman but actually seeing it the pictures I can appreciate its size.

How much longer before we see it grave the skies above the Longman?

Martin

Hope to have her ready in a month or so

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
Allen Elliott

Possibly the longest project ever.

Just need to silicone hinge the flaps and elevons and i still don't know how I am going to build the fin 

20180112_195940.jpg

• Like 3

Allen, Just spotted that the date of your first post in this thread, its just a few weeks short of 4 yrs ago (Feb 11th 2014 ) :blink: lol.

It is indeed about time you finished this project :poke: ,

Stu