Radio Glide 2014

Rick Lloyd

• Administrators

Detail are just being finalised and entry via post and online will be available soon. I will post here when available.

It will be taking place at Tudor Farm, Marsh Gibbon Road, Edgecot, HP18 0UA

It will be held at Tudor Farm, Edgcott, Bucks.

We are a little bit behind but a downloadable entry form should appear here very shortly.

Cheers

Gary

I've looked at the format can you tell me when the F3J will be started on both Sunday and Monday

as on Sunday there's multilaunch (what ever that is) and F3J 

Monday F3K and F3J

As I haven't been to radio glide for some years now will the 2 different comps be running at the same time????

Is anyone flying off winches at the Multi- launch?

I don't have time for the two days of the f3j, and it would be nice to fly the multi-launch instead.  I ask because it's a lot easier to work in a team - e.g throwers, dogging lines. 

• Administrators

Winches are allowed in Multilaunch.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was a Maxa but you might well be right Pete.

I flew the F5J on Saturday (first F5J comp) and did ok, surprisingly frenetic during the four minute prep time, not helped by having to remove my height limiter every time to be read (correct cable and reader will be on order shortly).

We heard the bang of Cengiz's Tracker coming apart on the line and watched the confetti descending, assume it hit another one?

Sunday's F3J saw a lovely sky but a fresh wind with alternating good and bad air slots, six rounds flown. Multi launch flew in the other field but they finished quite quickly as there were only seven entrants I think.

Monday started wet but the rain stopped to make a late start, virtually dead air with light to no wind, just a hint of lift coming off of the chicken sheds (as well as a mighty pong!) allowed most people to fly the slots out. Fascinating to watch everybody flying in 'float mode' and see the glide performance. Rain started again so Round 7 scores were voided as we couldn't complete it, no fly-off which is when I usually take pictures (apart from the South Mids this year coz I was in it!!).

No idea how the F3K guys got on but they seemed to be doing well and were still flying in the steady rain as I left!!

Interglide next, two-man tows with funny leg waving signals and all that!!

Cheers

Gary

All look the same to me!

Would be very grateful if anyone has photos of the 100S flying, multilaunch and F3K comp that could be used for a home page report on RG, credit would be given, many thanks.

Gary

• Like 1

My wife took some good shots at the MLG comp. I will drop box them tomorrow and send you a link. 

Unfortunately she thought she should concentrate mainly on shooting my model (FVK Mistral Electric V-tail) the only non-all-moulded model in the comp.

Here's a sample...

Radioglide F3J 2014 - Overall Results.xlsxScore from the F3J competition attached.

The scores from the slots of R7 which were flown have been excluded because the round was not completed. There is no dropped score because under F3J rules this does not happen until R8 is completed.

Congratulations to Dave East as a worthy winner in very testing conditions. 

Maria Freeman

"No idea how the F3K guys got on but they seemed to be doing well and were still flying in the steady rain as I left!! "

Cheers

Gary

Well……...

We managed to get 4 rounds in , for the F3K , which gave us a comp.……and yes we were flying in occasional rain , but managed to make for the cars/umbrellas when it came down heavily. ( The plus-side of having a small glider…. to put away in the car quickly   :)   ).

The lift was patchy , but if you were careful ( and lucky ! ) you managed reasonable times. A good test of how careful one could fly in tricky conditions.

:)

I believe that there will be a report , on the comp , submitted on this site at some point for those who are interested…...

Maria

• Like 1

Good stuff.

There is a report on the F3K and another one for RG in general, summarising the other events.

Should be on the main page soon.

Cheers

Gary

The report and results for Radioglide 2014 are now up on the main page, here.

Reports for 100S, multi-launch and F3K are linked just after the main text.

Cheers

Gary