Baudis Jedi

Peter G

Stefan Bertschi

like the color scheme. Looks a bit like my old Radical. 

Pleased to hear that you are happy with your new toy.

Cheers

George Young

Peter's Jedi did go very well indeed yesterday in the somewhat less than summer-like weather. It smoothed out the quite choppy air and looked most impressive. Fast too. A "force" to be reckoned with? Groan!

Rocket Ronnie

Nice one Peter. If it flys like it looks then the Massive are in business. Freestyling, Jedi, Jizz. What a combination :)

No jizzing on the slopes

• 4 weeks later...

Had a bit of a eureka moment with the Jedi this afternoon. It doesn't like snap flap!

Reduced to 2mm, it handles better and carries speed much better round the turn. Not had one like that before!

Funny you should say that, I was on the Wrecker yesterday watching Keith Groombridge flying his Jedi with no snap flap at all, and it still seemed very grippy in the turn.

Graeme

• Like 1

Oooh wrecker, not flown that slope for too long... Hope we get some wrecker / crest action at the weekend.

Given the improvement from about 6mm to where I ended up, I will have to try no snap too. Its a bit counter intuitive that it seems to gain elevator authority as you take the snap out? I suspect the wing must just be stalling with snap?

Does the pitbull like a bit of snap or is it similar?

I have 4mm coming in early on a curve, with this setup it seems to ping out of the turns.

I had this adjustable in flight to help with setup, and have gone from one extreme to the other,4mm seems to suit the Pitbull, my CG is quite far back though.

• 1 month later...

Having flown it in a few comps now I thought I would do a quick update on the Jedi.

The last two weekends it has been flying in 20-25ms winds and it LOVES big wind days. It pumps very well indeed and is very fast in a straight line, it is very stable and seems to hold the speed/accelerate very well in an EM turn. For Facebook users, Paul Middleton shared a video on Facebook from Levisham a couple of weeks back where it went really well.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152895887839238

I had a couple of less successful comps earlier in lighter winds but both were variable and I don't think I got much luck at the Welsh, when the wind did pick up at the WO I won a round and came 2nd in a round in lighter air at the end so I'm not 100% sure in light air. What I have done is move the c of g back to between 105.5 and 106mm and that has improved elevator/turn response in light air (as it definitely doesn't like any more than 2mm snap flap). I haven't noticed any compromise in stability but also haven't been 'pushing it' in light air since the change so we'll see. In terms of settings I am now running alot more diff than where I started +18mm -11mm with about 1/3rd movement on flaps and I run about 0.75mm reflex on course.

The F3F strong version is super stiff (the wings are rock solid) and I couldn't see any in flight bending in 22ms with 2.2kg of ballast on board. However, really aggressive pumping with full ballast in the compression in 25ms did reveal some bending in the two joiners, not more than 10 degrees and I'm sure nothing to worry about but if I was going for another one I might ask if something could be added in the joiners. I also didn't know that conventional linkages were an option but they are. The RDS is very good and I don't have any issues with it (still working perfectly in my old Cyril now nearly 5 years old) but there are options available.

At the moment I will be flying the Jedi as my No.1 model in anything above 7ms where it will carry 1.2kg and get reasonably 'on step'. Not sure below that wind speed, need to fly it more and back to back with my FS3 to work out which is the better light air tool, the trouble is light air is usually coupled with variability so its hard to know.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks very smart Ian, unfortunately I'm motor racing weekend so I'll miss the maiden flight.

I look forward to seeing it go through its paces at the winter league

Neil

She looks a fast machine.

Love the colour and patterns on it.

It would be interesting to see how she goes.

Try and get a video of her first flight.

Looks like Jedi's are becoming popular - finished mine a few weeks ago but not had chance to maiden yet. Fitting out was a doddle compared to my N124 and took a fraction of the time and build quality is superb. Looking forward to comparing the two.

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

This just arrived my new Jedi thanks Peter will use your settings to start with hope to try it out this sunday

Nice one Ian,  Will be very interested to see how she goes.  I like the colour scheme too