Baudis Jedi

Peter G

Couple of shot of Ian's maiden today

image.jpg

Ian proudly holding his Jedi

image.jpg

Not sure if it's pre flight nervs or wind!!?

image.jpg

No turning back now

image.jpg

She looks beautiful in the air nice one Ian... Giz a go!

Graeme

• Like 2
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Peter G

• Rumbey

• Greg Dakin

• Alibabaj

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This just arrived my new Jedi thanks Peter will use your settings to start with hope to try it out this sunday

Nice one Peter. If it flys like it looks then the Massive are in business. Freestyling, Jedi, Jizz. What a combination :)

Hi! I had my Maiden-Flight at the coast. The JEDI works very pretty. The first flight with 3540g, but we had very strong conditions and I was a lucky man, but someone told me that I´will need mor

Posted Images

Ian Falconer

Hi all 4 flights before the rain stopped play C of G set at 106mm had to use all down trim on first flight and ballooned when i tried the Crow brakes.

Second flight I had made to big an adjustment down trim and about 1/2 needed to get model to descend during Crow.

Third flight all trimmed just right so then added 2 bits of brass to wings for the fourth flight because wind was light and rain was going to stop play.

Did manage to try 2 loops in one go with full up and no flick at all so tried a few F3F laps and seemed to be fast for the light wind condition’s but the rain soon put stop to that.

Thanks to Graham and Tony for the support for my maiden of Jedi yes was a bit nervous and yes i think it.

080 if.jpg

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...
Stefan Bertschi

Having the urge to spend some money, I contacted the Swiss main source for Baudis stuff (Andreas Böhlen), as I heard trough the grapevine that there is a new fully kitted out (RDS, JR HV Servo, LiIon Battery and ZEPSUS Magnetic Switch) Jedi getting dusty in his workshop. 

So it was, and no it's mine (technically not yet, as I have to go and pick it up on Tuesday).

So question to all of you: Where do you have the CG? Pete wrote on 104.5mm - is this still valid?

Cheers

Stefan

Stefan Bertschi

Idiotic me, just missed the last post before mine. So I will go with 104 - 105 mm and not much Snap-Flap

Cheers

Greg Dakin

Having the urge to spend some money, I contacted the Swiss main source for Baudis stuff (Andreas Böhlen), as I heard trough the grapevine that there is a new fully kitted out (RDS, JR HV Servo, LiIon Battery and ZEPSUS Magnetic Switch) Jedi getting dusty in his workshop. 

So it was, and no it's mine (technically not yet, as I have to go and pick it up on Tuesday).

So question to all of you: Where do you have the CG? Pete wrote on 104.5mm - is this still valid?

Cheers

Stefan

Nice choice Stefan - congrats on your new purchase. I tested my Jedi (in more ways than one) at the Rhossili event last weekend, and found it to be very slippery and agile (and strong). My CG is currently at 106mm, but I will be moving it further forward, as the elevator response is a little too binary.

Cheers,

Greg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Pete Burgess

I have made a JEDI ballast table, so in case it helps anyone else please feel free to print off a copy.

NOTE: This is for the supplied Brass ballast only

JEDI Ballast Table.pdf

• Like 1
Pete Burgess

Daniel, you may well be right but unless I make up some lead ballast or get tungsten (at big cost!) then it's brass :unsure:

isoaritfirst

On my fosa I have made lead for the one wing joiner. It's a tight fit so I can't remove it slope side. It also effects the cg  as the model is balanced with it in place. Positioning the joiner with the full one either at the front or back changes cg by 2 mm so does give me an easy option to change. 

Joiner adds 700g to empty weight and I don't believe I would ever need to fly lighter. 

I had thought though if a summer evening of thermal img around did need to be lighter it would be ok on a single joiner if flown appropriately. 

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I had my Maiden-Flight at the coast. The JEDI works very pretty. The first flight with 3540g, but we had very strong conditions and I was a lucky man, but someone told me that I´will need more ballast. So put some more lead in first joiner and the JEDI works much more better. I flew max.4300g

I try some CGs and some settings. Actually my favorite = CG 104mm.

Here some impressions:

Best Regards and have FUN

Martin

• Like 3
  • 5 weeks later...
Redbird

To fit out a Jedi I need a pair of Baudis RDS arms with bosses to fit KST splines. Are they available in the UK? 

Thanks. 

oipigface
6 hours ago, Redbird said:

To fit out a Jedi I need a pair of Baudis RDS arms with bosses to fit KST splines. Are they available in the UK? 

Thanks. 

They’ll come through the post from Baudis if you ask nicely enough.

• Like 1
Andy_B
3 hours ago, oipigface said:

They’ll come through the post from Baudis if you ask nicely enough.

and pay them a significant amount of cash 

• Like 1
oipigface

Actually, Bruce, I think I may have what you want. Would you measure the internal diameter of the output shaft and get back to me? I may also be able to provide some DS6125 gears if you still need them.

2 hours ago, wookman said:

You are up early OPF! Did you catch the worm?

Pure insomnia. Ordered batteries for my water tug; watched videos about Universal G-code Sender; was unhelpful to Bruce. I’m now making up for it!

• Thanks 1
Redbird

Sorry for spoiling this topic with personal needs I should have started a new topic. 

Anyway, the best I can determine John, is 4.9mm as diameter of spline on Kingmax (as KST) but so too is Mks 4.9mm!

Have emailed Baudis but a used pair would suit me.