Baudis Jedi

Peter G

oipigface
45 minutes ago, Redbird said:

Anyway, the best I can determine John, is 4.9mm as diameter of spline on Kingmax (as KST) but so too is Mks 4.9mm!

The number of splines is different...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Peter G

• Rumbey

• Greg Dakin

• Alibabaj

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This just arrived my new Jedi thanks Peter will use your settings to start with hope to try it out this sunday

Nice one Peter. If it flys like it looks then the Massive are in business. Freestyling, Jedi, Jizz. What a combination :)

Hi! I had my Maiden-Flight at the coast. The JEDI works very pretty. The first flight with 3540g, but we had very strong conditions and I was a lucky man, but someone told me that I´will need mor

Posted Images

satinet

Kst and mks splines aren't the same.

In theory kingmax are the same as kst but I tried some kingmax servos with kst servo horns and they didn't fit. They are very similar but it seems kingmax is slightly larger. 

• Like 1
Phil.Taylor

Early Baudis RDS drives didnt have splines - you just epoxied the servo splines into the drive tube/pocket - may be the way to go if you can source them - ask Baudis?

Phil.

• Thanks 1
Peter G

Good point Phil, that did cross my mind earlier.

You could dremmel out the existing splines (gently) and paint vaseline on the splines of your servo then epoxy the RDS horn onto your servo. Remarkably effective on the Cers/Cyril generation and i found you could still prize them off with a flat screwdriver as normal.

Good quality slow/hard epoxy for that job.

• Thanks 1
Redbird
On 15/09/2020 at 10:09, Rumbey said:

Thanks Peter and Phil. I can manage that idea, I think that's what I'll do. Flew it yesterday with low v 6125 on ailerons and Hv Kingmax on flaps. All good apart from slight separation of early ServoRahmen pushrod. Fixed.