Sign in to follow this  
Martin_N

BMFA F3F League 3 Wales 22nd June

Martin_N

Hi All,

Entry is now open for BMFA F3F League 3 in Wales on 22nd June. Further information regards registration can be found at the following locations:

http://www.gbsra.co.uk/bmfa-league

http://www.bmfa.org/ContestsEvents/ContestandEventCalendar/tabid/309/Default.aspx

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

I have also started a new thread in the UK F3F Contest section of the Barcs Forum:

http://www.barcs.co.uk/forums/forum/64-uk-f3f-contest-entries/

Registration will close on Wednesday 18th June.

I need the following required details sent to me at martinnewnham@btinternet.com

·         Pilot Name

·         BMFA or equivalent insurance details.

Note: If insurance cannot be verified then an additional £5 will be charged which will provide 30 days BMFA insurance cover for the pilot.

·         Helper (Yes or No?)

Entry to BMFA run contest will be £10 for 1 day contests.

After last weekend’s BMFA F3F Nationals it was more than ever apparent that pilots are happy for a small number of individuals to take the full weight or running these events.  It’s great to see everyone enjoying themselves but not at the expense of others enjoyment.  Therefore I would like to know before I run a contest who is willing to assist with getting the course out to the slope and back again.

As per previous years a weather call will be made on Friday evening before the contest confirming whether the contest will run or not.  This will be published through F3F Yahoo groups email and on BARCS website. Included in the mail will be the meet time and location.

The various clubs used to run F3F contests can be found at www.gbsra.co.uk

Thanks

Martin

oipigface

Hey, Martin!

What's this new concept on the registration? "Helper"?

Do you want to know if I need one (yes, definitely) or if I'm prepared to be one (yes, again, although there are limits to what I can and will do)?

Martin_N

Hi John,

Just want to know in advance if we have people available to help get the day up and running faster and packed away, then back to the car. I understand that some people have limitations but there are enough of us to make this all so much easier.

Lots of people are prepared to come along and fly, just don't want to help other than standby and watch others do it. I know this will make me unpopular or more unpopular but I'm not going to have, the you know what taken out of me.

We have pilots that travel from other countries that are prepared to do more, if everyone just took a small piece to the slope and back again it would make it so much easier for all.

Martin

• Like 2

oipigface

Hi John,

Just want to know in advance if we have people available to help get the day up and running faster and packed away, then back to the car. I understand that some people have limitations but there are enough of us to make this all so much easier.

Martin

OK. Count me in.

• Like 1

Peter G

I spoke to Martin yesterday and I know he won't mind me saying he's a grumpy sod sometimes :drool:

But he's our grumpy sod and he does a fantastic job for all of us F3F flyers. I know he's not aiming his frustration at anyone in particular and I think he has a valid point. We should all try and make his job as easy as possible because I'm not sure there is anyone else out there who would volunteer.

So in future I will organise the removal of any trees from the flight line (especially for Martin :thumbsup: ) and will occasionally carry stuff up the hill.

• Like 5

Pete Burgess

But he's our grumpy sod and he does a fantastic job for all of us F3F flyers.

Ditto!

• Like 2

simon_t

But he's our grumpy sod and he does a fantastic job for all of us F3F flyers

Tell me about it! I'm not sure how many folks appreciate how hard Martin works for us, especially behind the scenes, and how much of his precious time he gives up. But don't mistake passion about F3F for grumpiness.

Simon

• Like 5

Martin_N

I'll bring a chainsaw for the trees :).

Thanks to everyone who has responded in support it's very encouraging.

Simon, I'm going to be even more grumpier soon, just about to have a back tooth extracted :(

Martin

Martin_N

Current Entry list as it seems popular for people to see this build:

Martin_N

Latest entry list below, if you intend to register please see my first post for details:

Martin_N

Last reminder if you want to register, I will post an updated entry list later today.

Thanks

Martin

Martin_N

Latest entry list, if you have entered but don't see you name below please send me an email and I will get it updated.

Martin_N

Hi All,

Having spoken to my weather guides, local CD, and surveyed 5 different forecasts for Sunday, they are all unanimous that the wind will be very light on Sunday, ranging from 1-5mph, which are all below legal minimum, in addition to this there will be a swing in the direction of the wind. Knowing the Bwlch, it is likely that sport flying will be possible at times, augmented by thermals, but this is not a satisfactory basis to plan a competition. Therefore, and in spite of the warm and pleasant weather, I reluctantly call OFF Sunday's competition.

Thanks

Martin

simon_t

And I was hoping for some Donavaly practice. A great shame, but I think the right decision from looking at the forecast wind.

Simon

Peter G

Its a fair call Martin. Plenty of time to cancel that nice Travel Lodge on the M5 which looks like a chrime scene :thumbsup:

• Like 1