BMFA F3F League 4 Scotland 13th July

Martin_N

Hi All,

Entry is now open for BMFA F3F League 4 in Scotland on 13th July. Further information regards registration can be found at the following locations:

http://www.gbsra.co.uk/bmfa-league

http://www.bmfa.org/ContestsEvents/ContestandEventCalendar/tabid/309/Default.aspx

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

I have also started a new thread in the UK F3F Contest section of the Barcs Forum:

http://www.barcs.co.uk/forums/forum/64-uk-f3f-contest-entries/

Registration will close on Wednesday 9th July.

I need the following required details sent to me at martinnewnham@btinternet.com

· Pilot Name

· BMFA or equivalent insurance details.

Note: If insurance cannot be verified then an additional £5 will be charged which will provide 30 days BMFA insurance cover for the pilot.

· Helper (Yes or No?)

Entry to BMFA run contest will be £10 for 1 day contests.

As per previous years a weather call will be made on Friday evening before the contest confirming whether the contest will run or not. This will be published through F3F Yahoo groups email and on BARCS website. Included in the mail will be the meet time and location.

The various clubs used to run F3F contests can be found at www.gbsra.co.uk

Thanks

Martin

• Like 1

We are not yet getting a Sunday forecast on XC but its showing East winds for Saturday which would put us on Pole Hill / Kilspindie. Its an easy walk and has a decent edge to it. Its the one nearest Perth on the map below:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=202487703003799439093.0004c006fc0ba12dcacd8&msa=0&ll=56.367912,-3.267059&spn=0.293974,0.596695

So if the walk up Bishop is putting you off, its highly unlikeley that we will be there three years on the trot!

Hope to see some of you on Sunday.

• Like 2

As far as I am aware, we do do not have enough entries yet to make the competition viable.

Maybe Martin could post the entries to date. If anyone is leaving it late based on a forecast, I don't think they know yet it's changing a lot just now.

We are sponsored this year by pillars of Hercules cafe, with a slice of carrot cake to the winner so come on guys, visit Scotland while there are no border controls.

• Like 5

No worries Tom I know its holiday season.

Forecast now looking very promising for fairlie, kaim hill. If you look up prestwick airport on windmap...

• Like 1

Registration is now closed for league 4. Unfortunately due to numbers this contest will be cancelled.

howsboutdat

Sorry for unregistering for Scotland , would have loved to go however, my needle was involved in a mid air and has ceased or should u say deceased!!

damn shame! weather forecast has picked up and looking a healthy westerly

Very, very dissapointing.

I think we will have a practice comp anyway as it would be a shame to let the day go altogether. Probably west coast, I reckon kaim hill has good sub-30 potential.

• Like 2

campsieflyer

Pity the comp has been cancelled. Hope the practice comp goes ahead. Loved Kaim Hill the last time we were there and the walk wasn't too bad.

Dave

Pretty dissapointed in that outcome Pete - was looking forward to the comp (why not enough support?). Looks like a decent day on Sunday - have a good day.

A good few of our local regulars are away/on holiday and there hasn't been the usual support from the rest of the F3F community. Maybe the walk up Bishop has put a few off but its been very unusual to get up there for all of the recent big comps? We would normally be on hills with easier walks.

I don't know really but after only 14 entries for Whitesheet/Eastbourne there may be something more to it than just chance?

We will be flying a course at Kaim hill on Sunday, although its going to have to be fairly relaxed with 5 or 6 flying. Feeling a bit more philosophical about it now, cheered up by something nice arriving in the post today...

• Like 1

Comparing it to whitesheet / Eastbourne isn't a good comparison, we had and I can go back and double check 22 pilots for whitesheet 8 of which dropped out because they did not wish to travel Eastbourne and you always get a couple of pilots that decide they don't want to compete anyway.

Some pilots are happy to travel and others are not, there are certainly areas within the uk which prefer the comps to be on there doorstep and don't support other clubs as actively as maybe other clubs support there comps. That's just the way it is.

Since running the league this is the first time this has happened, but i do not believe it's setting a trend. Running a comp with few numbers is not the way forward for any league either.

Martin

Well we had a super little comp today. The wind was NW as opposed to the anticipated WNW but there is a slope at Fairle that accomodated a course very well.

Six of us flew 16 rounds in 9ms with sunshine & clouds with no threat of rain. It was pretty variable but very pleasurable as the rounds moved through very quickly. David Reid streaked into the lead by 400 points at end of round 6 but Peter managed to haul it back slowly with the help of the best air of the day and an FTD of 35.01

Results were as follows:

1        Peter Gunning         13344.77

2        David Reid              13107.30

3        Mark Treble            12805.09

4        George Young         12142.94

5        Dave Watson           11909.62

6        Robert Carson         11499.02

So great fun and very good practice, a kind of 'up yours' to all those who didn't bother entering :huh:

• Like 3

Well done guys glad you flew and 100% agree.

Maybe next year we will look at the date we use to see if something better will fit to avoid this happening again.

Martin