New convert to the slope just saying hello

leccyflyer

Hi

Just wanted to say hello as a new convert to slope flying, having had a cracking day on the hill yesterday.

Been flying for a while, have been pretty much 100% electric since the late nineties, my main interest being in smallish fun-scale models, but I hadn't dipped a toe into either slope, or any significant amount of flat field glider flying, until this year. I've been sayng that I wanted to have a go for quite some time, but never got around to it.  Having now had a go, I can see what all the fuss is about - brilliant fun and highly addictive.

I'm currently based up in Aberdeenshire and hope to take advantage of the sloping opportunities offered by this part of the world. All the guys that I've met since coming here have been really friendly and helpful to a slope novice and there's clearly a lot to learn for a different type of flying Hope to do that with my Easyglider Pro and a little Speedo and have some work to do on learning a whole different way of flying, and especially landing!

See you around.

cheers

Brian

• Like 1

.............. Having now had a go, I can see what all the fuss is about - brilliant fun and highly addictive. ..........

Indeed, a big welcome to the (slippery) slope. Your debit card need never suffer even short periods of inactivity ever again. :-)

Ro.

Thanks for the welcome gents.

I have to say that I'm hopelessly smitten by the slope, in just a few short weeks since having that first go - I even nipped up to the slope at the end of the day's flying at the club site yesterday, for a couple of flights. Find myself looking at XC weather and hoping for a 15mph Southerly, rather than 3-5mph for the flat field. The joy for the novice at both disciplines is that it seems the Easyglider does a decent job of both, for a beginner.

Sounds like you are doing all the right things! Hope to see you at one of the Scottish F3F comps soon.

Thanks George, at the moment I'm a complete slope novice, so just learning the ropes and with something in the order of just over one hour's slope flight time. Hope to increase that today. :).

• Like 1