Welsh Open 2014 (no curry)

LS8-18

isoaritfirst

Interesting reading on  the Willow blog, and also in an earlier post on here.

Why is Ian so concerned that I asked Dave to take over the Buzzer Supremo job for me?. 

It is both sad and laughable that he seems so intent on trying to make mileage out of my situation.

The job was done and it was done well by Dave who agreed to help me. Dave has made no such snide comments. Thankfully there are some people within the sport that have the right attitude.

For my part I did what I thought best for the smooth running of the comp.

Surely all that matters is that the job is done and the comp runs smoothly.

Or was it more important that 'I' did it, as some form of punishment, why is delegating to a more able person such a crime?

Running 5 local comps each year and normally being involved in helping others to run theirs is not enough it would seem.

I am sorry if this year I have been less than my normal self, but times and circumstances change. I did try to complete the task but found that I could not cope . That may seem lame, but believe me that stress does make mental tasks significantly more difficult.  The first few pilots I asked to man the buzzers all made excuses,  which I accepted, because I hadn't got it right. The next ones I looked for were all nowhere to be seen as they were landing.  I asked Dave for help and I did try to help while he was flying. I then manned the bases several times during the day.

Ian however seems intent on trying to get some mileage out of it.

This is typical of his behaviour of late. Why?

I am sorry that I had to leave before the results, something that I would not do out of choice, but circumstances demanded that I made a speedy exit.

If I cannot be allowed a small amount of grace for the times that I have given,  then perhaps I am in the wrong game.

Or perhaps someone else is?

:(