Winter League Dates 2014/2015

Martin_N

Hi All,

Please see below the dates for this years Champions Of Champions Winter league.   I will leave it to the local CD's to start up there various threads.  Hopefully this will help everyone plan diaries.

Whitesheet has a reserve date for each contest, this should help with any issues due to wind direction. We do not have a date for December, at this stage due to it falling between Christmas and New year, if need I am sure an alternative will be advised nearer the time by Stuart.

Reserve Date for NYMRSC & Whitesheet:

• Northern League:-       21st February 2015 & 21st March 2015.
  • Southern League:-       23rd Nov 2014; Dec 2014 TBC; 25th Jan 2014; 22nd Feb 2014
  • Like 1

Itchy thumbs, itchy thumbs!!! Only a Bwlch scratch will do!

would be good to see you back Clayts

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am thinking of dipping my toe in the F3F winter league sub 2 meter class at Hole of Horcum, probably with a 1.8m MiniMach, anyone else fancy having a go and giving me someone other than myself to race against

Roy

One of the great things about F3F Roy is that even when you are racing against everyone else you are also racing against yourself! You watch your own times round on round and constantly look for improvement. Different styles of turn, judging the turns, more or less ballast, tweak the control settings, cg position, concentration etc. They all play a part. Luck too of course! It is all good practice and great fun.

The winter league is a terrific place to start :thumbsup: 

• Like 2

One of the great things about F3F Roy is that even when you are racing against everyone else you are also racing against yourself! You watch your own times round on round and constantly look for improvement. Different styles of turn, judging the turns, more or less ballast, tweak the control settings, cg position, concentration etc. They all play a part. Luck too of course! It is all good practice and great fun.

The winter league is a terrific place to start :thumbsup: 

Well said George, winter leagues are a great place to start.

Roy just ask anyone for help / watch your flights to provide feedback. It will help your overall skills for competition but equally for sport flying, when you just want some time on the slope doing loops, rolls or what ever you like to do.

Martin

Thanks chaps, I have flown with a few of the F3F guys and they have alway been very supportive.

I am not altogether sure the general sports flyers are aware they don't need the latest and greatest or even a 3 meter model to have a go at the winter league F3F.

Roy

• Like 1

Thanks chaps, I have flown with a few of the F3F guys and they have alway been very supportive.

I am not altogether sure the general sports flyers are aware they don't need the latest and greatest or even a 3 meter model to have a go at the winter league F3F.

Roy

The nose radius is probably the most important thing otherwise anything can be used, from full all F3F model to a 60" epp pylon racer or zagi. It's all good fun and there is always something you can learn from each flight that will make the next better.

Just a reminder to all the CD's please send me the spread sheets as soon as possible after each event so I can keep a running tally of the leagues on the GBSRA website.

Thanks

Martin

Just a reminder to all the CD's please send me the spread sheets as soon as possible after each event so I can keep a running tally of the leagues on the GBSRA website.

Thanks

Martin

Martin, noted :thumbsup:

Stu.

• Like 1

Thanks Stu, maybe worth seeing if Austin can move the whitesheet thread into the contest area as well, with the others :)

Martin, It has now been moved :thumbsup:

Stu.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

4 out of possible 5 is a great start to the 2014/15 winter leagues, even more promising was seeing the healthy entries lists, let's hope these continue to grow.

Well done to all the winners. I will upload the Welsh and Scotish spreadsheets to GBSRA website and start to build the league table the same as last year. If you already know which league you will use to qualify with, please let me know as soon as possible, this will help come the end of the season, but more importantly helps other pilots.

Thanks

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

All the results spreadsheets have been uploaded to the GBSRA website for download and I have also started to build the current league positions for each region.  

I have highlighted where possible which league a pilot is using to qualify or not as the case maybe.  This should help throughout the season, anyone trying to understand whether they are in with a chance to attend the Champ of Champs. If you know 100% you cant attend please make it known, I will make sure this is identifiable in the league tables. 

League Positions: http://www.gbsra.co.uk/Winter-League-Tables

Spreadsheets: http://www.gbsra.co.uk/league-result-sheets

Champions of Champions will be on the 28th & 29th March 2015 in Wales.

Thanks

Martin

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have uploaded all last months contest spreadsheets to the GBSRA websit which can also be downloaded.

http://www.gbsra.co.uk/league-result-sheets

The leagues which have completed more than one contest (Southern and Northern winter Leagues) I have posted the overall league standings after 2 contests.

http://www.gbsra.co.uk/Winter-League-Tables

Still plenty of people have not advised of there qualifying league or if indeed they will be attending the champ of champs should they qualify. The sooner I have this info the better for everyone to plan ahead.

Thanks

Martin

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All,

Winter leagues have all been updated on the GBSRA website, spread sheets are available to all for download, great job by Mark Treble on the website.

Other than one person from the Midlands league who has advised they will not be attending, I haven't had any confirmations from anyone frm that area if, should they qualify be coming along to the Champ Of Champs.

http://www.gbsra.co.uk/Winter-League-Tables