BMFA League Reserve 19th October Hole of Horcum

Martin_N

Hi All,

It has been agreed the 2nd reserve date of 2014 to run on19th October will be scheduled for the Hole Of Horcum. Hopefully the weather will be on our side this time, one day events have been incredibly difficult this year.

Therefore and for my last ever time of asking, registration for league reserve 2 is now open. Registration will close on Friday 15th October at 10pm.

http://www.gbsra.co.uk/f3f-calendar-2014

Link to the North Yorkshire Moors Ridge Soaring Club website can be found here: http://www.gbsra.co.uk

Please forward the following required details to martinnewnham@btinternet.com RESPOND TO ME DIRECTLY, NOT TO THE WHOLE GROUP.

Pilot Name

BMFA or equivalent Insurance details

Frequency

Gliders

Note: Please confirm you have insurance; BMFA insurance can be provided at an additional 5 and will last for 30 days.

Entry to BMFA contests is £10.

As per all contests a weather call will be made on Friday evening before the contest, confirming whether the event will run or not. This will be published through F3F Yahoo groups email and on BARCS website. Included in the mail will be the meet time and location.

Thanks

Martin

A big wind day on the south bowl? I am looking forward to it. It could be a full ballast day :thumbsup:

Since the last big wind day my Precision has gained some lovely tungsten.

Forecast is currently showing SW. - might be stuck between two slopes.

:(

Mike,

Is it your aim to put people off with your negativity?

Hi All

Sundays contest is ON.

No rain and strong SSW / SW winds will make for an interesting day!

Meet in the main car park 8:30 to 9:00, for a decision on the best slope

See you all there

Jon

• Like 1

Martin

" - might be stuck between two slopes  :( "

Was intended to raise a response that may have encouraged me, as I was very undecided.

Hope the wind is ok and you all have a good day.

I had thought it strange but I read that the registration was open until Friday, and was holding fire watching the weather. Had I checked the date I would have realized.

Hoh is long way for a day trip and I was unable to commit to weekend away so my decision to go was always going to be based on a last minute decision, to try to ensure the drive was worthwhile.

It was not made from a standpoint of not intending on going, as you seem to have thought.

Anyway have a good day.

Wishing you all a great days racing at the HOH today :thumbsup: . I look forward to reading all about it this evening B) .

A Whitesheet Club Comp & family commitments mean I cant join you.

I've still yet to fly at the HOH, so I look forward to supporting the comp next year.

Stu.

Flew HOH yesterday and it was stonking, looking at the forecast they will probably be on Levisham, should be a good comp as long as the wind stays below 50mph (max limit for F3F I believe) 

Roy

What a day! The effort of flying, landing and struggling back to the pits in gale force winds has fair tuckered me out. 17 pilots managed 10 rounds at Levisham, in winds that were gusting at times close to the legal limit.

The choice of slope was never going to be easy. We probably could have started the day on the south bowl, but with all forecasts showing the wind swinging round to the SW, the general consesus was to start were we were to end up. That proved to be the correct decision.

Levisham was its usual bad, bumpy, ballistic self. With nearly a quarter of all flights sub 40's, some coming close to the magic sub 30, Peter Gunning finally took the FTD with a cracking 31.38!

Very close at the top, but Mark sneaked a win by a mere 20 points from Peter, with Simon in third. Well done guys, some really excellent flying.

Full results to follow

1 Mark Redsell 8313.040 1000

2 Peter Gunning 8293.280 998

3 Simon Thornton 8178.960 984

4 Rich Bago 7819.530 941

5 Greg Dakin 7801.570 938

6 Martin Newnham 7798.960 938

7 Mark Abbotts 7120.470 857

8 George Young 7086.780 852

9 Mark Treble 7084.970 852

10 Paul Middleton 6928.710 833

11 Jon Edison 6690.390 805

12 John Treble 6206.340 747

13 Matthew How 6093.640 733

14 John Tideswell 6022.900 725

15 Dave Wright 4646.610 559

16 Keith Wood 3602.680 433

17 Ronnie Lampe 3385.220 407

Thanks to everyone for helping out

Regards

• Like 1

It was even closer than that ! 1000-998=2, I think

Pete was quoting the 'raw' points after 10 rounds, but it comes to the same 0.2%

Simon

Congrats to all on ystdy's HOH results :thumbsup: , sounds like very challenging conditions .

Not having been too or flown at Levisham myself, whats the reason for, as Jon says in his report quote- Levisham was its usual bad, bumpy, ballistic self.   I assume the air gets badly turbulated by the surrounding topography in front. Does anyone know of a good Levisham vid that shows the site well for me, thanks.

Stu.