Sign in to follow this  
Gromit

Southern Winter League F3f, rd 1, Whitesheet Nov 2nd

Martin_N

Sounds like we have had a really good start with the first 2 contests complete, fingers crossed next weekend and the weekend after are equally successful.

Alibabaj

Very enjoyable day Evan though I mixed base 'A' & 'B' up on the first round...Doh!

Phil.Taylor

Indeed - a grand day out - and with a rainbow at the end

Good fun getting the old "Mondrian" Fletcher going round the course to brighten up the sky

Phil.

f3fman

Glad you guys had a great day, I had 4 hours stick time and came 12th out of 20  8-)

Gromit

Hi Guys,

Only just got indoors after an epic 2hrs 20 drive to get home. The A303 was ridiculous, you'd think it was mid summer.

Just pop'd the kettle on & about to download the results, they'll be up asap.

Stu.

Ian Falconer

What a great day thanks to all

Ian

Phil.Taylor

Hi Guys,

The A303 was ridiculous, you'd think it was mid summer.

Stu.

end of half-term holiday week?

fpljohn

Yes realy good day on the hill, well run and a good no stress. Well done Stuart and the

Whitesheet boy.

JP

• Like 1

Gromit

OK,

Round 1 of the Southern Winter league at Whitesheet today was a great success. We had 14 pilots on the day and we flew a total of 12 rounds.

On my journey to Whitesheet this morning the wipers on my car couldn't work fast enough to clear the deluge of rain that was coming down. On my drive up the track to the top of Whitesheet there was a torrent of water pouring down it. I was thinking to myself we were in for a very wet day. As it turned out the rain cleared just after 9.00 & we set about carrying all our gear over to the SW slope & putting the course up. The skies continued to brighten & we got underway around 10.20.

The day brightened more & more giving way to some blue sky & sunshine. We had a brief 5 minute very light shower early afternoon, this cleared quickly giving way to more sunny spells. With only 5 pilots to go in rd 12 we had a 15 minute heavy shower, this then cleared enabling us to finish the final round.

The wind was SW & ranged from 6m's - 10ms throughout the day.

The Flying ;-  Martin Drewett was truly on top form today, his flying was excellent. Martin won an incredible 6 rounds in total. these being rds 1, 4, 5, 6, 8, & 12. Martin was also one of only two pilots who managed to go sub 40 this being a 39.66.  It was clear to all of us at the end of the comp that Martin had taken a well deserved win.

The other top places however couldn't be confidently predicted, rounds throughout the comp were very closely contested indeed.

I'l post a full report tomorrow, & post the spreadsheet, to avoid delay here though is the result.

1,    Martin Drewett                  10566.01

2,    Tony Livingstone              10377.33

3,    Graeme Mahoney             10276.51

4,    Greg Lewis                       10196.82

5,    John Philips                      10028.48

6,    Myself, Stu.                         9950.21

7,    Dave Rumble                      9713.90

8,    Jack Cubbitt                        9474.62

9,    John Treble                         9397.89

10,  Joe Cubbitt                          9293.86

11,   Phil Taylor                          9143.06

12,   Ian Mason                          8909.21

13,   Ian Falconer                       8848.29

14,  Neil Rogers                         8530.25.

Fastest time of the day went to Graham Mahoney with an excellently flown 39.52.

Many thanks to Jack Cubbitt for being buzzer Supremo, Joe Cubbitt for helping me in the middle, JP for his A frame guidance & expert course advice, and to all who fetched & carried the gear etc, very much appreciated.

Stu ,  Whitesheet Comp Sec.

• Like 3

Martin_N

Well done to the top 3 especially Martin on the win, the practice is really paying off.

Baldyslapnut

Hi Stuart,

A big thank you to the Whitesheet Club for running the event. You Jack and Joe work very hard so we could enjoy plenty of flying.

It was a great event and apart from Martin who was streets ahead it was hard to workout the next 5 places from peoples times.

Fingers crossed for more good weather for all the Winter Events.

Greg

• Like 1

rumbey

Well done the top 3.  Martin you absolutely deserve your podium finish. 

It was very interesting to see all 3 top pilots all flying Pitbulls.  I was very impressed with the way they all got on step with relative ease and kept the speed on, this without any real form of slope compression assistance.  I simply could not do this with my Alliaj.  Trying to catch up resulted in me trying too hard and cutting in each of the last 3 rounds! 

Thanks to Stu and Joe for the cding duties and Jack for buzzer man supremo.  It was a great day and rather warm for November

• Like 1

Phil.Taylor

Well done Martin  - great flying

big thanks to Stu for getting it all together

Phil.

• Like 1

Andy_B

What .........no mince pies and sherry .......

Gromit

Hi Guys.

I've just attached the Spreadsheet to an e-mail and sent it to all the pilots that flew in the comp.

Because of its size of 7mb I'm unable to post it on the forum, the limit for doing this is 2mb. I came across this problem after the English Open too. Therefore If anyone would like a copy of the spreadsheet, send me a forum pm with your e-mail  and I'd be happy to send you a copy on request.

Stu.

Lundylynda

What .........no mince pies and sherry .......

Not feeling on par :( - sausages in rolls, with onions planned for the next one  ;) It might be a little colder !

isoaritfirst

Martin_N

Stu,

When you have sent it to me I will upload to GBSRA so everything is on place.  I already have HoH to upload and much easier to locate for download.

Thanks

Martin

Ian F3F

A really fun day's flying, thanks to Stuart and the WHitesheet club for hosting so well and Jack Cubitt for taking on the Buzzer supremo roll so well.

The standard of flying in the 'mid west' has really come on over the past few years- clearly the hard work and practise is paying off.

It was a buzz for me to see JP fly the Willow 2 all day and get it's first round win!

Ian

• Like 1

Peter G

Congratulations Martin :thumbsup:

Sounds like a good day.