Sign in to follow this  
Gromit

Southern Winter League F3f, rd 1, Whitesheet Nov 2nd

Gromit

Hi Guys,

The Southern Winter League F3F comps of 2014 / 15 have got off to a very good start. 14 pilots competed over 12 rounds on the SW slope of Whitesheet.

We got the comp underway at around 10.20, this was 45 minutes later than scheduled but unavoidable due to heavy rain which prevented the course being put up before the meet time of 9.00am. Once the comp was underway, the weather quickly brightened giving us some blue sky and warm sunshine.

Here again is the result, in addition I've added the pilots models, round winners & their times, plus the FTD.

Result.                                                                                         

1,    Martin Drewett              Pitbull                                10566.01                                     

2,    Tony Livingstone          Pitbull                                10377.33                                        

3,    Graeme Mahoney         Pitbull                               10276.51                                         

4,    Greg Lewis                   Freestyler                          10196.82

5,    John Philips                  Willow 2                            10028.48

6,    Myself, Stu.                   Vampire                              9950.21

7,    Dave Rumble                AlliaJ                                   9713.90

8,    Jack Cubbitt                  Falcon                                 9474.62

9,    John Treble                   Pitbull                                  9397.89

10,  Joe Cubbitt                    Falcon                                 9293.86

11,   Phil Taylor                    Freestyler ? Fletcher           9143.06

12,   Ian Mason                    Merlin                                  8909.21

13,   Ian Falconer                 Crossover /  needle             8848.29

14,   Neil Rogers                  Willow /  merlin                    8530.25.

Round Winners.

round              pilot                       time

1           M Drewett                   41.72

2           G Lewis                      40.90   

3           D Rumble                   43.10

4           M Drewett                   39.66

5           M Drewett                   44.59

6           M Drewett                   40.23

7           G Mahoney                 44.19

8           M Drewett                   42.25

9           J  Philips                     42.64

10          G Mahoney                 39.52

11          G Mahoney                 45.10

12          M Drewett                   43.06

FTD  ;-  G Mahoney.  Rd 10.  39.52

A convincing opening Southern winter league win then for Martin Drewett with a very impressive days flying. Martin achieved 6 round wins out of the 12 flown, an excellent achievement indeed.

Tony Livingstone got his Winter league comps off to a good start taking second place. Over the past few months Tony took 3rd place in both the English Open at Whitesheet & The Welsh Open at the Bwlch in Wales.

Graeme Mahoney too has achieved a good start to the Winter League taking third place.

Newcomer to F3f Neil Rogers flew very nicely all day, I'm certain that we're going to see Neil climbing the results table steadily throughout the next 3 Winter league comps, keep it up Neil.

We all had a very enjoyable day, each of the 12 rounds were closely contested throughout the field. We all learn't from watching other pilots fly, and through chatting with them during the day.

The Winter league comps are the perfect way to get a taster of what an F3f comp is all about. We welcome newcomers to F3f at these events, lots of help, hints, tips, advice and encouragement are freely given.

The next Southern Winter League comp is at Whitesheet on Sunday Dec 7th. I am working on a reserve date in Dec for this comp too.

Entry details for this next comp will again be posted in good time prior to the next event.

Stu,  Whitesheet Comp Sec.

• Like 1

Gromit

Stu,

When you have sent it to me I will upload to GBSRA so everything is on place.  I already have HoH to upload and much easier to locate for download.

Thanks

Martin

Martin, Spreadsheet sent :thumbsup:

Stu.

• Like 1

Martin_N

Thanks Stu,

I will upload the spreadsheets first thing tomorrow morning, sooner if possible .

Pete Burgess

Well done to all that took part, I hope to be there for the next one

Gromit

Well done to all that took part, I hope to be there for the next one

You'l be made most welcome Pete, despite your poor excuse for not attending this one. I hope your enjoying the Isle of White ;) lol.

Stu.

Martin_N

Spread sheet uploaded here: http://www.gbsra.co.uk/league-result-sheets

I need to update the bmfa league and complete a yearly report which I will aim to do as soon as possible. I will as per last year keep the various league positions etc up to date on the gbsra website.

Thanks

Martin

• Like 1