Welsh Winter League

Martin_N

From AJ good to get this up and running in advance.

Hi All

The Welsh Winter League will soon be upon us and although Martin has posted the dates elsewhere I thought I would just confirm them here.

We will stick with the third Sunday of the month for the winter league dates which will be as follows:

16 November 2014

21 December 2014

18 January 2015

15 February 2015

15 March 2015

As always we I will make a weather call on the Friday night before the Competition.

I will post near the date and I look forward to seeing you all

Andrzej

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's a few days too early to look at the forecast for the Bwlch, but you can all thank me now. I am working this weekend and am unable to attend what is looking like being a fantastic day on the Crest. Fairly confident that I haven't put the MOZZ on it ...... as I'm working. It's guaranteed to go ahead and be a great day!    GGGRRRRRRR!

Is anyone heading up on Saturday afternoon to dodge some possible showers and have a practice? I'm going up after lunch.

'Cracking' i'm really lookin forward to the Welsh winter lg :drool: .

If the current forecast holds it looks likely that at loooong last get i'l the chance to fly 'The Crest' I've yet to have the pleasure of flying on this one :)

As host for these comps, will AJ be cooking Hot dogs & making coffeee's & Cheesecake for us all :unsure: , .......no ? :(

Sorry to hear you've got to work Skip.

Stu.

• Like 1

From AJ, just ping him a mail so he has an idea of numbers.

Hi All

This Sunday 16 November will be the first round of the SWSA F3F winter league. I will make a call Friday if the competition is on and if so more details of meeting times.

If I can have entries by Saturday I would be grateful as it helps with or organising the flying order and get things running on the day. However, if you wake up Sunday morning and decide at the last minute you want to fly you will more than welcome, but you might find yourself early in the flying order!

If you are thinking about having a go in F3F the winter league is a great place to start, it's all pretty informal and don't worry if you haven't got the latest state of the art carbon fibre dream machine to have a go. Sure it nice to have but it is more important that you have a go at standing in the ce ntre of a course and trying to fly a kilometre as fast as you can with what ever plane you have got. Better to find out flying a foamie that F3F is for you than spending thousands only to find out you have made an expensive mistake!

Looking forward to seeing you all Sunday

Andrzej

__._,_.___

...Does anyone still use that .............

Yup a lot of people do still use f3f yahoo groups and plenty that don't use BARCS. Best to use both.

Thanks

Martin

We are on :)

Hi All

Condition are looking reasonable for Sunday so the competition is ON

The wind forecasts have been flipping between Wrecker or the Crest so we will meet at the Wrecker Car Park with a view to heading to the slope at 09:30.

The names I have to date are below. If you intend flying and your name is not below can you please let me have your names by Saturday lunch time. That not to say you can't enter on the morning but it will slow things up and as a result you might well find yourself very early in the flying order!

So looking forward to seeing you all Sunday and all the best

Andrzej

John Phillips

2.4 GHz

Tony Livingstone

2.4 GHz

Simon Thornton

2.4 GHz

John Treble

2.4 GHz

Gary Harrison

2.4 GHz

Andy Burgoyone

2.4 GHz

Graeme Mahoney

2.4 GHz

Clayton Landells

2.4 GHz

Dave Rumble

2.4 GHz

Andrzej Tabero

2.4 GHz

Martin Drewett

2.4 Ghz

Mike Evans

2.4 GHz

Joel West

2.4 GHz

Stuart Wallace

2.4 GHz

Paul Stubley

Great start to the Welsh Winter League - many thanks to AJ, Rumbey and John T for a very smoothly run race, in trying conditions at times.

Shame that there was dramatic variance in a couple of the rounds, which may serve to skew the results a little, but on the whole a really fun day out!

Congrats to Simon, Joel and I reckon that man Mr Newnham for podium places, and a stunning 33.xx by Joel to show us all that the reversal squad are alive and kicking!!!!!

Couple of nice 38.xx's from Marky Abbots and some light hearted Fosa rivalry with my new chum Tony L capped the day - what's not to like....

Cheers,

Greg

• Like 2

Indeed it was a very good day Greg.  You seem to be well intune with that Fosa Lift?

Shame I missed Joels 33.xx but I didnt miss his words of wisdom about my model being "competition shy!"  -  reference to my Alliaj being much quicker after the comp ended - thanks Joel

• Like 1

Thanks Dave - yes, the Space Lift seemed to cope okay, even with mild interference from my fat thumbs...

Your Alliaj looked excellent in the post-comp air - sometimes makes you realise how poorly the air gods have treated you during the race, doesn't it?

Cheers

Greg