Welsh Winter League

Martin_N

As above please let AJ know if you are planning on attending..  Would be a shame to cancel for lack of numbers.

Sunday 18th January Mountain Forcast

Any rain, sleet or snow above 200 metres will quickly clear away southeastwards during the early hours, to give a cold and frosty start to Sunday. It will be followed by a mostly dry and cold day with some sunny spells at times.

Visibility

Generally good or very good, but moderate to poor in rain/sleet, very poor in snow and hill fog.

Hill Fog

Occasional patches above 400m during the early hours, lifting in the morning to give the odd patch over the peaks.

Max wind above 400m

Northerly 35mph.   :D

Temperature Valleys: Minus 3 Celsius, becoming plus 4 Celsius :huh: . 800m: Minus 2 Celsius.  Freezing level: 300-500 metres.

Issued at: 1634 on Fri 16 Jan 2015

Go on you know you want to :unsure:

So tempting, I'm pretty sure I would have plenty of time for my 10:30 flight but just can't risk it. At least i can take the family out tonight for a good meal to make up for being away next week with work.

I was surprised not to see anybody else on Mickey's West this afternoon. It was chilly, but sunny with a very consistent wind at about 7.5m/s. I had a very pleasant couple of hours.

I was surprised not to see anybody else on Mickey's West this afternoon. It was chilly, but sunny with a very consistent wind at about 7.5m/s. I had a very pleasant couple of hours.

Just had a text off Jp ,they have finshed flying ...he says they got 4 rounds ,No wind now, all done!

Was a great day! Variable conditions. Stunning scenery. Great company and it can't just be good luck for the same people can it???

some awesome flying on display today

Base camp was soon established on the North Coll ready for the assent

Very dramatic background of the Wrecker

Another nice shot of Marc's Toxic

Martins Pitbull, nose down Martin diff looks ok!

Caption competition... Anyone?

Greg AJ and JP

It was going too fast Greg this was the best I could do!

Windmills showing 90deg off the slope so AJ called it a day

Great day, thanks AJ sitting in the middle all day again,

Graeme

• Like 4

A very enjoyable Welsh Winter lg rd 3 today   :)

Very many thanks and hats off to AJ for running / CD'ing the whole day, sitting on the VR slope surrounded by snow in minus temps for the whole day, AJ's efforts were very much appreciated by all of us who attended today :thumbsup: .

Thanks too to Mark Treble for being Buzzer Supremo, he was excellent as ever in this role.

Thankyou too to those who erected & took down the course.

The clear skies & sprinkling of snow made for some stunning scenery to be flying in.

Nice pics Graham.

Quickest journey ever back home from the Bwlch too 2hr 40 mins .

Stu.

Yes thanks AJ for sitting it out on that north slope. Variable wind and multiple reflights for me made it interesting but a very enjoyable day out. Congrats to top 3 and everyone else for making it out.