Welsh Winter League

Martin_N

Yes thanks AJ for sitting it out on that north slope. Variable wind and multiple reflights for me made it interesting but a very enjoyable day out. Congrats to top 3 and everyone else for making it out.

Top 3 are to be congratulated - but who were they? Am I missing something?

A grand day out! Pity the wind shifted.

Great pics Graeme - thanks for sharing!!!

Enjoyable day out, and the perfect opportunity to clear out the cob webs and man flu!!!!

Shame that Joel's predictions of 30mph northerlies didn't quite come true, but I think he made up for it with a

splendid demonstration of reversals and tarty edge flying!

Thanks as always to AJ for CDing brilliantly in what were bitterly cold conditions, and Mark as buzzer supremo.

Had a brief look at the 'Drops' design that Andy had with him.......and really wished that I'd turned a blind eye, what a beautiful machine!

Final mention to my old mucker Simon T, who very kindly fortified my age-old Salto fetish with a pretty little Baudis number :-)

Cheers,

Greg

Great day well done to AJ for his tireless work today.

Always good to get out on the Welsh hills and not have to drive there, thank you Joel and to all for a wonderful day

JP

B******s, that's a bad result.......I've been beaten again with my own model. You're not getting away with this Phillips ;-)

Congrats to Joel, Johnny and Tony on some super flying!

Man, that discard hurts.

Cheers,

Greg

• Like 1

I'm happy to win the first round and then come last in the second excellent day! And I did have to let my driver win.

Thanks for the lend of your Noddle Greg, may have to keep it now

JP

It was very un nerving when landing in the crisp icy snow ystdy, on each landing you would hear a 'Crunch' as the model broke through the surface layer :wacko: . I found myself hoping I hadn't been unlucky enough to find a lump of snow covered rock each time. I'm fairly sure nobody was unlucky enough to have this happen.

Stu.

More unnerving was when I greased one in, found that the frozen snow crust provided very little friction, and the plane kept on coming until it hit my leg!

B******s, that's a bad result.......I've been beaten again with my own model. You're not getting away with this Phillips ;-)

Congrats to Joel, Johnny and Tony on some super flying!

Man, that discard hurts.

Cheers,

Greg

Excellent

• 4 weeks later...

From Andrzej

Hi All

This Sunday 15 February will be the fourth round of the SWSA F3F winter league. I will make a call Friday if the competition is on and if so more details of meeting times.

If I can have entries by Saturday I would be grateful as it helps with or organising the flying order and get things running on the day. However, if you wake up Sunday morning and decide at the last minute you want to fly you will more than welcome, but you might find yourself early in the flying order!

If you are thinking about having a go in F3F the winter league is a great place to start, it's all pretty informal and don't worry if you haven't got the latest state of the art carbon fibre dream machine to have a go.  Sure it nice to have but it is more important that you have a go at standing in the centre of a course and trying to fly a kilometre as fast as you can with what ever plane you have got.  Better to find out flying a foamie that F3F is for you than spending thousands only to find out you have made an expensive mistake!   

Unfortunately I won't be able to make Sunday but Clayton has stepped in to make sure everything run smoothly so see you all soon and all the best

Andrzej

Come along and have a blast!!!

Clayt

Don't just have a blast... get some latex surgical gloves, so that when you break your model you can put it together again in safety.

I've got several boxes of powder-free latex gloves for sale. £4 a box of 100 (£2.19 for 10 in Boots). Let me know if you would like one.

Stefan Bertschi

I'm currently a bit hesitant to hit the buy button for a flight to the UK.
The weather forecast seems to be a bit of a mess. Everything from sunny with light easterly to heavy rain with south/southwest wind.

Does anyone with a good cristal ball (or meteo station) have an opinion on the weather on sunday?

Cheers