Northern Winter League

Jon_E

Winter League is ON for tomorrow, Saturday 1st Nov at Horcum

Meet in the main car park at 9am.

Forecast is for SW winds ( again!! ), but this time turning S as the day progresses.

Hopefully that will allow us to start on the South bowl .

See you all there

Jon

• Like 1

SW is the worst of all wind directions. The South Bowl and Levisham will both provide a half hearted attempt at providing lift, given that both will be a bit on the variable side.

With the conditions as we found them at the start of the day, Levisham was chosen to start the competition, knowing that we will have to change to the South Bowl if the forecast wind swing took place

19 pilots started the day, and a variable 4 rounds were completed before the expected move to the South Bowl was required. Another 4 rounds in less variable conditions were completed on the South slope, before bad light stopped play.

Martin Newnham came out the winner, with Rich Bago second and Greg Dakin third. Martin took FTD at 36:13. Well done guys.

Summary results here :-

1           Martin Newnham           6454.75                 1000.00

2           Rich Bago                      6435.46                 997.01

3           Greg Dakin                    6279.78                 972.89

4           Mark Redsell                 6253.22                 968.77

5           Jonathan Wells               6159.82                 954.30

6           Dave Wright                  6147.82                 952.44

7           Peter Gunning                6137.95                 950.91

8           Ronnie Lampe               5963.86                 923.94

9           Mark Treble                   5957.28                 922.92

10         Jon Edison                     5793.18                 897.50

11         Keith Wood                   5733.63                 888.28

12         Paul Middleton              5680.97                 880.12

13         Neil Shead                     5409.59                 838.07

14         Dave Watson                 5307.82                 822.31

15         John Tideswell               5003.43                 775.15

16         Roger Groves                 4543.30                 703.86

17         George Young               3780.58                 585.70

18         Roy Hampshire              3101.75                 480.53

19         Bob Dickenson              1085.16                 168.11

Thanks to everyone for all your help and advice

Jon

Thanks to everyone for all your ....... advice

Jon

Advice. That made me smile.

Good day Jon - well judged and well run.

Thoroughly enjoyable. Thank you.

Ro.

A great start to the Northern Winter League.  

An excellent turnout. Congrats to Martin on the win, and to you all for your own placings :thumbsup: .

Well done Jon for running the day :thumbsup:

Stu.

Thanks Jon & the Guys for the support and encouragement, I thoroughly enjoyed my first proper go at F3F with my diminutive model even if it did not end quite the way I planned

Roy

Well done Jon, all the right decisions today I reckon. Also new boy CD Mark T did a good job in the middle, very calm and collected.

Don't know quite where I went wrong today but a big cut and horrendous buzzing balls up didn't help. Never heard of handing the buzzer over on leg 9 of a fast run before :(

Well done Martin amazing result if you didn't go sub 50 on Levisham! Greg was also looking good with his new Foss bull space lift and John Wells was very convincing today. It will be an interesting spreadsheet..

• Like 2

Another interesting day at the Hole of Horcum. Thanks again to all who helped out.

The move to the south bowl was done at just the right time.

In case anyone wonders why I aborted round 6, I had lost the aileron and flap on the left wing because the MX greenie glued (by me) to the wing root came loose and disconnected in flight. It was fine in the previous round. Landing with only one flap and aileron focused my attention!

Yes, great day out - congrats to Martin and Rich for some super flying. As always the Freestylers looked great in the challenging conditions.

....and big thanks to Jon E and team for committing to the change of slope......and to flying that one last round. Excellent job!

Cheers

Greg

Big thanks to Jon and Mark T cd'ing yesterday's comp and everyone who helped out running things.

Levisham was as normal a challenge but glad we made the move to the south slope for the last 4 rounds. Conditions on the south slope were more consistent.

Ultimately great day out, very very relaxing and glad I went North to fly/meet up with a great group of friendly like minded friends. It's always good to get a reminder why we do what we do.

Martin

PS: watch out for the new Greg/Fossa Lift combination

• Like 1

Thanks Jon. Sheet certainly shows 2 different comps on the different slopes, but we were on the right slopes at the right times.

Peter - sorry about the buzzer screwup, I know only too well how b....... frustrating that is, but unfortunately it does happen from time to time.

Cracking turn out for the day - hope it carries to the next one!

Ultimately great day out, very very relaxing and glad I went North to fly/meet up with a great group of friendly like minded friends. It's always good to get a reminder why we do what we do.

Martin

PS: watch out for the new Greg/Fossa Lift combination

Yep ill second that, Greg and the fossa definately a combined lethal weapon......sorry pete for the buzz cockup :unsure:

Hi Guys, a few photos taken at Levisham and H of H. Greg's Fosa certainly came alive on the south bowl !

Baudis rules.

Dave

• Like 3

There I was heading for a sub 30, only to be put off by some random guy behind me with ski goggles on shouting have you seen a snowboard around here, its about this long.......

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Round 2 of the Northern F3F Winter league is this Saturday 6th Dec.

Early days to be looking at the weather, but as usual, the final call will be made on Friday evening

Cheers

Jon

• Like 1