Hello from Walsall

Graham_C

Hi,

Just returning to sloping after a couple of years away (except for a bit of flat field electric).

Ran into Mike Evans and a couple of others on the Mynd last week, hoping to go up tomorrow to watch them fly their F3F comp.

Not bought a model yet, but looking at a Prodij HM on recommendation from Mike.

See you on a slope soon, I hope.

Prodij was stunning just after you left. Chopped with the big blustery conditions despite being almost empty.brilliant little model.

Hi,

Just returning to sloping after a couple of years away (except for a bit of flat field electric).

Ran into Mike Evans and a couple of others on the Mynd last week, hoping to go up tomorrow to watch them fly their F3F comp.

Not bought a model yet, but looking at a Prodij HM on recommendation from Mike.

See you on a slope soon, I hope.

My Dad is a sloper.

He lives in sutton cold field. I believe quite close to you.

Quite sure you will bump in to him!

Rob

Hi Skip!

Thanks for the welcome guys.

@Gromit us nasty Midlanders (and a few outsiders) had a great time in the cafe and standing in the cold/wet/fog. I'd forgotten what this flying malarky was all about!

Good crack, catching up with the guys though, and now the Prodij may well be a Tragi which is up for sale locally. Again, thanks to Mike Evans.

@Rob may well have met your dad at some point - what's his name?

• Like 1

Thanks Mike,

I'm going to see it on Friday morning, and I'll probably end up bying it.

I may have to take you up on the set up - it's been a while since I programmed the transmitter, and I'll need guidance on throws for the Tragi. Not to mention flying it!

Its Alan Thomson.

Believe he was at the Mynd today. You can find him on this forum too. :)

Didn't go up on Sunday, was in Wales - not flying!

Hi Graham, I also live in Walsall and this is my first post! Never knew there were any other slope flyers in the town. I also aerotow down the local club! Matt

Hi Graham, I also live in Walsall and this is my first post! Never knew there were any other slope flyers in the town. I also aerotow down the local club! Matt

Hi Matt, and welcome.

There's sure to be one or two, though I don't know any others. Which club do you fly with?

Greenacres, not having met I'm guessing you are in another club?

I've only just returned to flying (don't even have a slopesoarer yet), but I am a member of the Long Mynd Soarng Association. I was a member of Greenacres many years ago, but the politics got in the way  Do you still fly on the old airport?

Yes flying is still at the airport , there are a number of us aerotowing at weekends! Come down and have a look. Buying gliders over the last few years has become a bit of an addiction. Sometimes I get to fly them up the mynd or at leek when time permits. Matt

Just re-read my last post. The politics was between fliers, footballers and Walsall Council.

I will pop down one of the weekends - it's only 2 miles from home.