Anybody up for a Woollybacks this year?

jwest532

Absolutely! I think Andrzej has some ideas for dates in mind and as far as I'm aware, he is planning on having one.

Do you know if he is organising the Welsh winter league event for this weekend?

Even my renowned optimism regarding the weather (blinkered, stubborn, hopefulness) at the Bwlch is waning for this Sunday.

But if I don't manage to have at least one plane operational, we are guaranteed to have fantastic weather!! 

Stefan Bertschi

@jwest532, can you have a chat with your wife, that she can have a chat with my wife, that it's absolutly essential, that we (or I as you seem to have already got the go - I) need to spend a day in the Welsh hills :-)

• Like 3

@jwest532, can you have a chat with your wife, that she can have a chat with my wife, that it's absolutly essential, that we (or I as you seem to have already got the go - I) need to spend a day in the Welsh hills :-)

Boys are allowed to play with their toys at Christmas time.

• Like 1

It's an annual F3F comp at the Bwlch that is  between Xmas and newyear. I don't think I've ever quite made it to one, but they are supposed to be quite informal, fun and festive!

I was working on the principle of "acting now and seeking forgiveness later" flowers from the services on the M4 have worked in the past :D

• Like 6

Woollybacks? Can someone explain the background to this please?

Sadly, I'm driving down to Cardigan on 28th. So near, yet so far :(

its a yearly event held at the Bwlch Graham ....born of many hours spent hanging about in the clag and rain waiting on the Welsh weather gods .You need to be fleet of foot and quick of mind ...the idea is to catch one of the local four legged wooly jumpers and bowl it down the hill .....furthest wins .......

Merry Christmas all ......

• Like 7

its a yearly event held at the Bwlch Graham ....born of many hours spent hanging about in the clag and rain waiting on the Welsh weather gods .You need to be fleet of foot and quick of mind ...the idea is to catch one of the local four legged wooly jumpers and bowl it down the hill .....furthest wins .......

Merry Christmas all ......

:D:lol::drool:  I thought you were winding me up for a minute there mate