Anybody up for a Woollybacks this year?

jwest532

I believe so.

I'm going up first thing in the morning (straight from work) for a day on the slope regardless of Andrzej's decision cause I reckon it will be a great day.

I believe so.

I'm going up first thing in the morning (straight from work) for a day on the slope regardless of Andrzej's decision cause I reckon it will be a great day.

Is it going to be sufficiently great a day to justify 7 hours travelling? That's the question!

Is it going to be sufficiently great a day to justify 7 hours travelling? That's the question!

Not for me guys ....sorry .gonna spend the day with "er in doors" and then some building time in shed with a hot cuppa!Happy new year to you all!have fun if it goes ahead all the best Abo :D

• Like 1

Clear skies (ish). Not too windy, so not too much wind-chill. Land at your feet (maybe) on the wrecker.

hanging out with some mates and maybe flying a comp.

sounds like a great day to me.

Have a good day Abbo, happy new year!

John, you know you want to!

I think the forecast looks good enough to get plenty of flying in, although if the wind dies earlier than forecast, we might not get a comp in. But as AJ has said, it is more about a fun day, and it looks fine for that (good enough for me to drive from the far end of Kent), so I'm up for it.

Simon

• Like 2

I think they need to change the lyrics to that "mad dogs and Englishmen" song to include mid- winter on a windy mountain as well as "midday sun" :unsure:  ... 

Good job its not like it was on the Long Mynd today,a good covering of snow and quite tricky conditions to reach the top of the road at Pole Cottage.

Just glad Peter got that Subaru.

Got some cracking photos unfortunately can't upload the files are to big.

Anyway I'll not be coming along unfortunately to far to travel for a maybe.

Hopefully for all that a tend it gose well.

Happy New Year to you all.

Good job its not like it was on the Long Mynd today,a good covering of snow and quite tricky conditions to reach the top of the road at Pole Cottage.

Just glad Peter got that Subaru.

Got some cracking photos unfortunately can't upload the files are to big.

Anyway I'll not be coming along unfortunately to far to travel for a maybe.

Hopefully for all that a tend it gose well.

Happy New Year to you all.

get yourself across to the orme on wed mate!                                               http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/landudno

Latest from AJ:

Hi All

Sorry for the late post but I have been away with the family for two days.

Okay it looks like it could be quite marginal tomorrow, especially after midday. What wind there is would now suggest the Wrecker.

I will be going up and will aim to get there by 09:30 am and will take the gear with me. If there are enough likeminded bodies we can set up a course and have a competition if not then we can just have some fun sport fly. I know it's late but if a few people want to confirm they want a competition I can l post later to help the other make a decision if anyone wants to travel or not.

I have to be honest I have been up there a couple of time in the last few months with a very similar forecast and not managed to fly!

There are a couple of guys coming over who what to fly some combat but have promised to keep out of our way if we run a comp. So it might be worth putting a fomie in the car just in case we can't get a comp but can have some combat fun with them.

Hopefully I will see tomorrow and all the best

Andrzej

Bowing out of this one guys, due to the light wind forecast.

Hope that 20mph NE continues to blow through out the day.

Happy New Year!

Cheers,

Greg

I've decided to stay local, as conditions do look a little too marginal for the long journey.  Probably be at Ramsgate on the 30' cliffs, with a 25mph wind.

Have fun those that go to Wales

Simon

An Xmas bug started to take hold of me ystdy, this morning I feel decidedly unwell, sorry guys I'm not up to making the trip.

Have a good day,

Disappointed Stu.