2015 Kerry Glide-in.

Woodstock

Hi all, this slope-oriented event in the west of Ireland will be held this year on 23-24 May 2015 (this will be the "core" weekend, some participants will be coming for a longer period, most in the week running up to that weekend).

Please PM me for more details or any information you may need.  This year I have to limit numbers mainly due to limited parking  on our slopes, so the sooner you can confirm the better.

If anyone wants a brochure (a pdf. file) explaining where our main slopes are in Co. Kerry, with maps, directions, etc. please just PM me your email address!

Hope to see you in "The Kingdom of Kerry"!

Chris

Me, wife and Slopedawg are planning on coming this year.

Plan is as ever, to rent a cottage.  Who wants to share?  I have 1 taker so far who would like it to be a big house with more slopers or else in same location as others are staying at so's to be close to the social gatherings of an evening.

What you recon Chris?  What's the best location to be based?

Tierra del Fuego  :unsure: ?

No, seriously, that's for Slopedawg only (so that my lunch is safe).  For humans the same as before really: Tralee - Camp - Annascaul..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Jerry Lunt

So, who's going to Kerry then?

........... or am I going to have just Chris and Roger for company on the slopes - not counting Slopedawg or SWMBO of course  :o

So, who's going to Kerry then?

........... or am I going to have just Chris and Roger for company on the slopes - not counting Slopedawg or SWMBO of course  :o

​Apart from a few locals, it would see so, this year..

Jerry Lunt

Apart from a few locals, it would see so, this year..

Oh No!!

Ah well, all the more air for us I guess   ;) 

Jerry Lunt

Rat pie.

I just found out that Slopedawg has to have a pet passport and rabies jab (3 weeks ago) just to take here from 1 no risk area to another!!  :(

So we have to go without her and you won't need that ammo box for your sandwiches, Chris  :)  :thumbsup:

Luckily the next door neighbour will look after her for the week.  Phew.

Well I didn't realize it was just the creme de la creme going! Quality is better than quantity I always say (especially to the misses!)

Sad for Scram and Hillary Slope Dawg not allowed hope you wont miss him too much. And it means at least one well thought out wind up will not be possible :rolleyes:

See you all Wednesday.

Roger

• Like 1

How's things in the 'Emerald Isle' then guys :). Which slope's are you flying, plan to fly ? plus wind & weather info please ?

Have a great day, few pics if poss please.

Stu.

Jerry Lunt

Hi Stu, sorry you could not make it.  Arrived yesterday afternoon and made it via a circuitous route to Camp slope to find Andy n Chris flying but all mine were still packed in the car.  So we went to our house to unpack, only about 5m away (mile not meters!!)  Got the phoon out n returned to find the wind had turned and dropped a bit.  Chucked it out and never gained much height but lost lots, without using up thumb!!  It's bloomin difficult telling when it is going to reach the deck but eventually landed out, well down below.  So I took the car down and along a track stopping to see arm waved from above - go further  :huh:.  Parked up and started across the valley, avoiding bog to where I thought it was but could see no sign of it.  Looked up for guidance (could be seen where it had landed to see Andy carrying it down  :D  It had landed much higher than I was at, to my surprise, so it was a pint of the black stuff for Andy  :thumbsup:   On my own, I would have been hard pressed to find it, 'cos was not visible from below.  Andy took a picture of where it landed - about a foot from a large flat rock  :o

Drove back up and the wind had picked up so chucked it again.  This time was going great.  Flying well, high n fast.  Came round and rolled away from the hill for the roll to just carry on, no control, straight down into the bog!!  Boom snapped and full crow appeared with the nose buried shielding the Rx aerials from the Tx. - fail safe set.  I had to carry it back buzzin for Chris to pull the nose cone off so it could be switched off.

This afternoon, we went to Stacks Mountain (wind farm) and sat in the rain  :unsure:

Thanks for the info Scram, sounds an eventfull day 1 for you:wacko:, sorry to hear about your Typhoon. Hoping that today is kinder to you, which slope will you be heading for ?

Stu.

We should be heading for Camp, or, if the cloudbase is not too low, the back slope at Annascaul...

cloud base was to low even for camp.ended up flying  the dunes ....maybe 1.5m high .....good fun

dunes.JPG

Edited by Andy_B
  • Like 1