Sign in to follow this  
Gromit

Southern Winter league rd 3, Whitesheet, 25th Jan 2015

Tone-the-glider

Hi Stuart I have emailed you but to on the safe side, thought best to also post here.

Please include me as a late entry for tomorrows comp at White Sheet.

I am on 2.4ghz

And flying

FS4 or Ascot.

Regards

Tony Robertson

Andy_B

Very plesant practice session this afternoon

• Like 1

Woodstock

Very plesant practice session this afternoon

• Like 1

Skip

I like pictures.

Gromit

Hi Stuart I have emailed you but to on the safe side, thought best to also post here.

Please include me as a late entry for tomorrows comp at White Sheet.

I am on 2.4ghz

And flying

FS4 or Ascot.

Regards

Tony Robertson

Glad you can join us Tony, i've added your name to the above entry list .

I've also added the name of Chris Lamming (Ribs), who has also entered today.

We now have 19 pilots for tomorrow  B)

If the latest XC forecast is correct we should be in for a 'Cracking' day ;- http://www.xcweather.../mere_Wiltshire

Stu, Whitesheet Comp Sec.

Les

Have a great comp guys.

look forward in seeingtomorrow's results.

Alibabaj

17 pilots and 9 rounds made for a full on day, started light but improved as the day whent on.

Couple of shots below of the day.

Great day in some challenging conditions, I think we all had a bit of ballast paranoia

Graeme

• Like 7

tonydoc

Today was the smoothest no pressure contest i've flown in,thank you Stu.Difficult to read conditions all day but most enjoyable, Bring on next weekend.

Gromit

Nightmare trip home, overturned vehicle on the central reservation crash barrier on the A303 nr Andover , Police shut the road, stationery traffic for 50 mins. Results will be up very shortly .

Stu.

Gromit

A very good turnout at Whitesheet today for round 3 of the Southern Winter lg F3f competition, we had 17 pilots, we flew 9 rounds.

We had a dry day with light cloud cover throughout, wind was a steady SW being just over 3 Ms in rd 1, and averaging 5-6 Ms throughout the other 8 rounds.

Only a few brief pockets of 'good air' were noticeable throughout the entire day with all pilots having very similar air in each rd.

Racing was very close throughout the day, this can be clearly seen from the scores. Only 67 points separated the top 3 placings, and an even closer margin of just 16 points between 4th & 5th.

I got to the slope bright & early this morning ( it was still dark :blush: )  & carried all the gear out to our SW slope. Tony Livingstone once again very kindly arrived shortly after me & between us we began getting the course up early prior to the meet time of 9.00am, so that we could get racing underway as early as possible.

With the course up & everyone in attendance, the pilots briefing was held & racing got underway around 10.00am.

Here's a summary of each round.

Round 1;-

The SW breeze in rd 1 was light throughout, that being between 3-4.5 ms . Mark Treble got proceedings underway flying his Toxic and posted a 62.79, Joe Cubbitt flying his Vampire posted a 65.34, Andy b flying his Radical posted an 69.44. Lots of flights in the 70's throughout the rest of the field.

Round 2;-

The breeze picked up a bit at times in this round and short periods of good air came through at the right time for a few pilots. The first ten pilots to fly posted mid 60 's upwards , 11th pilot to fly Greg Lewis flying his lovely Patriotic schemed Pitbull blitzed these times with a very well flown 49.69, next up Martin Drewett posted a 52.87, followed by Ian Falconer posting a 53.05 flying his Jedi. 

Round 3;-

Greg Lewis flew another very nice round, Greg posted an 41.43. John Philips had a good rd 3 flying his Needle, John posted an 45.93. Joe Cubbitt took 3rd for this round with an 50.02.

Round 4;-

Another good round for John Philips & his Needle, John posted a 49.96. That man Greg Lewis was very close behind posting a 50.37, Andy b and his Radical took 3rd place in this round with a 52.18.

Round 5;-

This was a good round for Graeme Mahoney, Graeme flying his Pitbull won the round with a 48.61. A better round for myself too flying my Vampire, I posted a 49.76 to take 2nd spot. Third in this round was Andy b with a 52.18.

Round 6;-

Joe Cubbitt secured himself another round win by flying his Vampire very nicely to a time of 48.24. Following pilot Graeme Mahoney was very close behind with a 48.79. Martin Drewett took third place with a time of 49.66.

Round 7;-

Joe Cubbitt was obviously liking his Vampire after taking another round win, Joe posted a 48.24. Tony Livingstone had a good round 7 posting a time of 49.85, Tony had switched over to flying his Pitbull at this point after flying his Fossa in the earlier rounds. In 3rd place for this round was Graeme Mahoney after flying his Pitbull to a time of 50.33.

Round 8;-

Another good round for Tony Livingstone & his Pitbull, Tony posted a 50.15.  Graeme Mahoney (Pitbull)and John Philips (Needle) posted identical scores in this round, this being 52.15.

Round 9;-

This was the agreed last round in progress at 3.30 & consequently the final round of the day.

John Philips took this final round of the comp with a time of 48.83. John Treble flying his Pitbull secured himself second place in this round with a 51.54. Joe Cubbitt again flew his Vampire well, recording a 52.10 to take third.

Full Result.                                                           

1.       Greg Lewis               7482.22                 

2.       Joe Cubbitt               7445.51

3.       John Philips              7415.83                         Round Winners;-

4.       Tony Livingstone      7387.52 

5.       Graeme Mahoney     7371.94                 1.   Mark Treble              62.79

6.       Andy Burgoyne         7010.90                 2.   Greg Lewis               46.69

7.       Mark Treble               6989.89                3.   Greg Lewis               41.43

8.       Martin Drewett           6934.50                4.   John Philips              49.96

9.       Ian Falconer               6855.65               5.    Graeme Mahoney    48.61

10.     John Treble                6676.13               6.    Joe Cubbitt              48.24

11.     Stuart Wallace           6637.72               7.    Joe Cubbitt               47.57

12.     Jack Cubbitt               6270.19               8.   Tony Livingstone       50.15

13      Pete Burgess             6257.65               9.    John Philips              48.83

14.     Tony Robertson         6231.37

15.     Neil Rogers                5963.42

16.     Graham Hill                5434.76

17.    Chris Lamming            1830.86              FTD;-   Greg Lewis rd 3,  41.43

Many congratulations on the win Greg, impressive flying all day from you.

Very well done Joe Cubbitt on taking the runner up spot, again very good flying.

Congrats to John Philips on taking third place, nice flying John

Many thanks Graeme Mahoney for volunteering & being 'buzzer Supremo' for today, you did an excellent job,  much appreciated .

Thankyou Tony Livingstone for again arriving early prior to the meet time, to help me get everything out, up & ready for as earlier start to the racing as possible, much appreciated as always.

Thanks also to Joe Cubbitt & Andy b for helping CD.

My thanks too to those who packed up the course & carried all the gear back to my car, much appreciated guys.

Stu,  Whitesheet Comp Sec

• Like 1

Pete Burgess

I managed to, slowly, get past that vehicle. It delayed me 15-20 minutes.

Andy_B

cheers Stu ...another most enjoyable weekend ..........see you next week

fpljohn

Well done Stuart and the Whitesheet boys, another great comp.

And this time in real Whitesheet air, "horrible". Well done to Greg, he use what air he had the best.

Good to see Joe up there, and there early to help like me. As it turned out we didn't get there early

Stuart and Tony L had been there all night and the hard work had been sorted.

JP

Baldyslapnut

Another Cracking Event Grommit. Thank you to Whitesheet for running the event. Especially Stu, Joe and Jack. 

Very close scoring right down the field. Watching the flying people are really improving. Joe's podium result showing how practice and getting used to one plane pays dividends. John Treble flew well yesterday and Pete Burgess improved with each round despite it not being the best air for a Needle.

I would imagine John and Graham have a sore right arm today. They did more than their fair share of launching.

Two events and two podiums for John Phillips since he started Noddling. Well done.

Weather permitting see you next Sunday.

Greg

oipigface

Grand day out, Gromit! Rather frustrating conditions, but that's part of the game. See you next week!

Gromit

Thanks for your comments guys, much appreciated, i'm glad you all enjoyed the day as much as myself.

I was delighted to welcome a couple of newcomers to F3f ystdy, these being Graham Hill (Wookman) & Chris Lamming (Ribs). Both were made very welcome by everyone, given help, hints, tips and advice throughout the day. Both flew very well throughout & have the ability to do well in F3f. Chris had to leave early so his placing & score therefore does not reflect how well he flew.

The Winter lg comps are the perfect introduction to finding out about and experiencing  F3f, I look forwards to welcoming them both again in future events, and I hope, more newcomers too.  

Stu,

Whitesheet Comp Sec.

Ian Falconer

Hi All

Had a really enjoyable day and looking forward to next Sunday.

Ian

Gromit

I'l be sending the spreadsheet to Martin this evening for him to make available to view.

Stu.

Martin_N

Well done guys looks like another good comp for the southern league.

Looking at the dates next month is your last contest, so can I please have names of all the pilots that wish to attend the champion of champions weekend ASAP.

I want to make sure we have a full compliment at the event this year if possible. 5 places are available to each region (in finishing order) however if I am unable to fill these spots I will offer them up to pilots who have competed in a winter league from another region.

Please email at martinnewnham@btinternet.com and enter in the subject Champ Of Champs. Once I have everything I will confirm your places.

Thanks

Martin

wookman

Thank you to Stu and the F3f group at White Sheet Sunday last.

If anyone is thinking of having a go at F3f, stop thinking about it and do it. It is fascinating, deceptive easy to fly and deceptively difficult to fly really well. I managed to smash through the 70 second barrier once.

Advice is freely and generously given. Everybody is very helpful. Special thanks to John Trebble: you are flying fast enough but you are flying too far. Lesson: anticipate the turns better. Also to Joe Cubbitt for flying the Falcon and declaring the setup up to be spot on. Lesson: can't use the aeroplane as an excuse, more practice, lots more practice required. 

• Like 5