Sign in to follow this  
david garcia

hello my name is david and i just bought my first slope soarer

david garcia

hi all iv just bought a typhoon 2m glider and electric im hoping there are some of you living in leicester as iv hit a wall and need help with settings for a spektrum dx8 , any help would be great , also would be nice to fly with others of the same , thank you

Woodstock

Hi and welcome David :) !

I'm afraid I can't help with either of those items...

Skip

Hi David. Welcome to the forum! I'm unable to help on either, either sorry. If you venture to south wales, let me know.

daver

hi mate i can send you a spm file for my 4 servo wing gliders with reflex ,crow etc will get you started

Gromit

Hi David, welcome to the BARCS forums.

Stu.

david garcia

Cheers daver how would I receive that through here . Can't believe no one else in Leicester does this . . My eyes are hurting from reading up on the stuff lol

Ribs

Hi David,

I'm assuming you already have the manual for the tx:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/SPM8800-Manual_EN.pdf

Start with that and with the recommended basic movements for each function of the model, i.e. aileron, rudder, elevator etc. The only mix you'll probably need will be for crow braking, with some elevator compensation, but I would try and find some helpful sole for this if I were you - perhaps worth a day out, travelling to a local flying site to meet some other modellers...

There's a good list of slope flying sites here:

http://www.slopehunter.co.uk/

and you can look around where you live - go to one of the 'better' slopes on an average Saturday or Sunday afternoon and you are bound to meet someone to help you with you tx.

best of luck,

Ribs

david garcia

cheers ribs , this is a very helpful place thats for sure

evad

Hi Dave , I have a typhoon set up on my DX9 not sure if they are compatible or not ? its not the electric version just the unpowered one , its dead as i crashed it but the model is still in my radio 

dave 

MikeDaBike

hi all iv just bought a typhoon 2m glider and electric im hoping there are some of you living in leicester as iv hit a wall and need help with settings for a spektrum dx8 , any help would be great , also would be nice to fly with others of the same , than

I have both a typhoon and DX8 so may be able to help. Have you upgraded to the glider specific firmware ?

Mike

MikeDaBike

Hi Dave , I have a typhoon set up on my DX9 not sure if they are compatible or not ? its not the electric version just the unpowered one , its dead as i crashed it but the model is still in my radio 

dave 

I'm guessing the fuselage is no more as I'm still after a fuselage ?

satinet

How bad is it Mike? I've got a spare nose cone for the typhoon

MikeDaBike

How bad is it Mike? I've got a spare nose cone for the typhoon

I've got several nose cones ! They seem stronger than the fuselage :-(  I foolishly  started using kevlar cloth to

fix the one break only to remember kevlar's errrrm quite strong and even more sandpaper resistant so it looks

quite dreadful. Maybe I'll just hack it all together but thought just maybe someone's lost their wings somewhere ...

Thanks for the offer tho' ...

At 80 odd squid, I am  sorely tempted to buy a new fuselage.

Btw, my soldering skills developed over Xmas too ! Beginning to get the hang of it so will persevere with this, 

ever optimistic that I will one day become a master solderer. 

Mike

evad

I'm guessing the fuselage is no more as I'm still after a fuselage ?

its in two pieces snapped clean off just behind the wings , broke the two push rods and every thing , the nose cone survived lol   

oipigface

its in two pieces snapped clean off just behind the wings , broke the two push rods and every thing , the nose cone survived lol   

Sounds as if it could be fixed without much trouble!

evad

Sounds as if it could be fixed without much trouble!

I think it could be fixed , to be honest its just been stuffed into the bags since i crashed it ,and hanging on the wall ready for one day when i get chance to look at it .when the warmer weather gets here i will take a look at it again .