Sign in to follow this  
isoaritfirst

La Muela 2015

fpljohn

JP no mates on a Spanish hill.

Good day today even if we only managed one round, lots of flying and chat and thinking.

JP

• Like 2

isoaritfirst

Lovely day on the hill. I got to fly 3 times as no wind or lift gave me plenty of flying time trying to gain height to land, then returning to the centre saw a delighted gerado, who was next to fly only to happy to launch me out again for another go....

But despite an as normal very poor comp result so far for me, it has been a great day. Hot sunny time to spend with mike s and my new taranis. Solius programmed up with all the bells and whistles and flown all afternoon. Taranis naggs like the wife, keeps telling me all sorts for sh!! I need a don't panic screen.

Stayed to watch the sun go down and cooked tea on the hill.

• Like 2

LS8-18

JP no mates on a Spanish hill.

Be careful. Don't make your noodle to familar with that rock ;)

oipigface

Day 3 started badly for me. TI decided to fly my Pitbull, cocked up the first pump, it stalled and left me with a zero score and a broken Pitbull. My position plummeted to 46. The rest of the day, I flew reasonably well, but two very low scoring rounds is too much of a hill to climb, and I wound up at 42nd.

Mark had a brilliant day and clawed his way to 7th! He was the leader of the British contingent, and got a lot of respect from the top Spaniards and French flyers.

Top three were Pierre Rondel, who was brilliant all weekend, Iñaki Elizondo, and Jose Luis Alvarez.

JP finished 11th, Kevin 34th, Mikes S and E finished 37th and 38th, AJ 44th, Tony 46th and Vic 48th.

Great competition. Great slope. Good times.

Battery's low!

• Like 1

Les

Unfortunate that John.

Just like my pumping last Saturday.

But well done Mark.

look forward to hearing all the stories.

isoaritfirst

I bvreak something at La Muela every year and this year was no exception.

My last round flown and finished fine (slow as normal) then thermalling out to walk to the landing zone the model locked me out and did the spiral of death into the slope side.

Nose straight in to very solid ground, broken wing joiner, one wing has a few cracks and slight crease other has tip damage. fuselage has some stress cracks around wing joiner hole and a few nose cone cracks. Amazing that despite 1100g of ballast and a spiral dive from significant height the model has survived so well, and will repair fine. Dissapointing end though to an equally dissapointing comp on my part. 

Comp organisation was spot on this year very slick and with the right level of relaxed efficiency.

Still lifes good suns out barby on the hill a few beers and a few days now to play. 

Although I'm not grumpy about the damage to my FS3 I am planning on having a sulk for a few days or so - jit may help negotiations if I decide to buy something new   ;)

Congrates to Mark who flew very well all weekend and thoughly deserved his top ten place. JP was unlucky aftrer flying very neat and tight all three days to suddely have a run of very poor air to finish the comp on.

simon_t

Well done guys, especially Mark for being top Brit. Maybe some recompense for your bad luck at Rhossili. In spite of conditions, La Muela always seem to generate good vibes in people.

Simon

fpljohn

Well back home now after a nice long drive.

La Muela is worth the effort, had a great time and comp. Well done to Mark he had a great comp and used what good air he had to the best and his bad air even better.

All the Brits but up a good show, (other than the odd mishap) all flew to there best or better with some bear.

Me; well I managed to work my way up to fourth, only to have two really awful last rounds of poor air and with big thermals around that hurt.

Would I go again, yes great place even if not for a compition just a holiday with a bit of flying.

JP

• Like 4