Gary B

'Soarer' magazine archive

Gromit
On 17/02/2015 at 16:34, EssexBOF said:

Steve

The issue I have are most likely what Pete gave you, however they are 83,88,89,90,91,92,93,96 &97.

Brian, I've just found 5 mins to check the copy numbers, I'm delighted to find that I don't have any of them. I would be really grateful for the loan of them so that I can copy them, to add to the Whitesheet RFC history project.

If you send me a PM we could arrange this.

Thanks in advance.

Stu.

Gary B

It's a very rainy day so more scanning!

Soarer 151 April 2005

Competition results, discussion on the RES class, elastic loop control system article by Jef Ott, North Wales slope soaring article by Chris Moynihan.

• Like 1

Gary B

Soarer 150 February 2005

Dave Hughes obituary, competition results, news on moulded glider imports from Chris Foss (2K Cassiopeia and Pike Superior), house fly powered model plans (yes, really!) and a handy stopwatch board article.

AGM minutes not scanned, also nine pages of RES class rule discussion omitted.

• Like 1

Gary B

Apologies for the 'short break'! I've been doing summery things, no excuse not to crack on now the clocks have changed.

Soarer 149 November 2004

2004 trophy recipients, 'Syncopator' open class 3-view, 2003-4 final league tables.

Soarer 148 September 2004

Interglide 2004 report, Scottish Nationals report, postal results and league tables

GB

Edited by Gary B
Formatting
  • Like 1

Gary B

Soarer 147 July 2004

Radioglide report, results and pictures, Ray Pavely's 'Mini-Glider' article, comp results etc.

Please let me know if you can't view any of these, file sharing is on as far as I can tell.

Cheers

Gary

Jef Ott
2 hours ago, Gary B said:

Please let me know if you can't view any of these, file sharing is on as far as I can tell.

Working fine on mine Gary, still an enjoyable read.

Thanks,

Jef

• Like 1

Gary B

Soarer 146 May 2004

'Classic Corner' Roger Pullen 'Medicine Man', partial reprint of the 1983 RCM&E article plus a small scale version of the plan. I've been building one of these very slowly, just needs covering and radio install.

Report on the BMFA F3J Round 1 competition at Twywell in April, the first to allow use of winches with analysis of who did best (winch or two-man tow).

Piccie of my Medicine Man for interest.

PA317189.JPG

• Like 4

Gary B

Soarer 145 February 2004

Don't adjust your sets, the magazines are in black and white from this edition and earlier!

2003 AGM minutes and reports, Bill Dulson Eppler Trophy citation (for the Tracker design and others), NiCd battery care, 2004 event calendar and 2003 winter postal results.

Gary B

Soarer 142 July 2003

Radioglide 2003 results, members' letters, Gladiator DLG review, contest reports and league positions.

Edited by Gary B
Typo

Jef Ott

Just read Peter Mitchell's "How's Your Luck?" article in the September 2003 issue. Having been very, very lucky with my own Organic, many times over the last four years, I can really identify with Pete's comments!

Gary B

Apologies for the slight break, hope Santa brought everything you wished for!

Soarer 141 April 2003

Bob Owston's RO27 and RO30 soarers, F3B article, 'The great BARCS survey', and postal comp results.

Soarer 140 February 2003

2002 AGM minutes, F3J selection etc.

• Like 1

Gary B

Soarer 136 May 2002

BARCS records, aileron differential article, 'The art of landing - Pt 2' (very good, Pt 1 is in Soarer 124), Almira X slope soarer drawing, contest reports.

Soarer 135 March 2002

Survey of winch performance/winch testing, Algebra 2000 (electric conversion), winter postal results.

Gary B

Soarer 132 September 2001

'Kahu' DLG article, 'Frenesi' 100S article.

Soarer 131 July 2001

'Chieftain' 100" glider by Roger Pullen (under 'Classic notes'), Radioglide 2001 report.

I have the fourth Chieftain built by Roger, a very strong all-rounder. I believe the plan is still available, I need to build another as mine has quite a lot of battle damage now!

Photo by Graham James:

IMG_2893 - Copy.JPG

• Like 1

pete beadle

Hi Gary

I'm pretty sure I've got a "Chieftain" plan in my "used" box, it's either a "Chieftain" or a "Medicine Man", I'll have a look later this evening and let you know tomorrow, if it's there you're welcome to it.....

My Chieftain was Bright Red Solarfilm top and bottom, I used it as a backup to my Proton 140 when it was too windy for the Aquila 100" - ah, memories!

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702 

Gary B

That's very kind Pete, I ought to finish the Medicine Man first though I s'pose!

Gary B

Apologies for the slight delay in scanning more magazines (only a year!). Been quite busy.

Soarer 130 May 2001

A short issue - Open and 100S Summer postal rules.

Soarer 129 April 2001

'Classic' section by Joe Hanna, list of designs, John Shaw Proton details and drawings, Soaron Sunshine details and drawings, Winter postals results.