Sign in to follow this  
Gromit

Southern Winter League F3f rd 4, Whitesheet, 1/02/2015

Gromit

The fourth and final round of the Southern Winter League F3f comps 2014/15, is scheduled for this coming Sunday, 01/02/2015. (Reserve date 22/02/2015).

Entry is now open for this event, please send your entries to myself at swallacegromit@aol.com by 9.00pm on Friday 30/01/2015. I shall make, and post a weather call on friday evening.

For your convenience I shall post links to the latest BBC & XC forecasts as we go through the week.

Its early days I know but at present both forecasts are looking settled & very favourable for us, ie dry, sunny periods, 20 mph + NW

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2642730

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/mere_wiltshire

With rd 4 being the final event of the series I look forward to another well supported event.

I shall start posting the entry list this evening

Stu,  Whitesheet Comp Sec.

Gromit

Here is the to date entry list for round 4 of the Southern Winter League this coming Sunday. Its off to a very good start indeed, thankyou for your entries.

1.    Ian Falconer

2.    John Treble

3.    Tony Livingstone

4.    Tony Robertson

5.    Graeme Mahoney

6.    Joe Cubbitt

7.    Jack Cubbitt

8.    Pete Burgess

9.    Greg Lewis

10.  Stuart Wallace

11.  Martin Drewett

12.  Andy Burgoyne

13.  Neil Rogers

14.  John Philips

15.  Les Woods

16.  Ian Mason

17.  Mark Treble

Gromit

The above pilots list is up to date.

The weather forecasts for this the 4th & final round of the Southern Winter Lg are looking 'Cracking'.  Both the BBC & XC are very similar, that being a 17- 36 mph NW, sunny all day , max temps of only 4 o'c though. Ballast, thermals & hot drinks will therefore be the order of the day

BBC ;-  http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2642730

XC;-     http://www.xcweather.../mere_Wiltshire

Stu,  Whitesheet Comp Sec

Gromit

LOL, typical :rolleyes: ........2 hrs ago the BBC forecast showed bright sunshine, cloudless skies, honest

Stu

Gromit

The above pilots list is up to date, we have at present 16 pilots. Edit at11.10am now up to17 :thumbsup: )

Both the BBC & XC forecasts remain remain very favourable indeed

BBC ;-  http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2642730

XC;-     http://www.xcweather.../mere_Wiltshire

If I could have all further entries by 9.00pm this evening please it would be very helpful to me in organising the day, thanks.

As usual I shall make a weather call later today.

Gromit

With the continued excellent forecast by both the BBC & XC, ie, being dry, sunny & a moderate -strong NW, i'm calling round 4 of the Southern Winter League at Whitesheet ON.

Entry list;-

1.    Ian Falconer

2.    John Treble

3.    Tony Livingstone

4.    Tony Robertson

5.    Graeme Mahoney

6.    Joe Cubbitt

7.    Jack Cubbitt

8.    Pete Burgess

9.    Greg Lewis

10.  Stuart Wallace

11.  Martin Drewett

12.  Andy Burgoyne

13.  Neil Rogers

14.  John Philips

15.  Les Woods

16.  Ian Mason

17.  Mark Treble

18.  Gary Harrison

19.  Mark Redsell

Entries by 9.00 pm this evening will be much appreciated please, I will accept entries on the day,  don't blame me however if your first up to fly ;)

Meet time will be 9.00am on the slope.

Gromit

For those travelling some distance to attend tomoz you may be wondering about any snow at & around Whitesheet. As far as i'm aware there are no problems. I shall however get an 'on the slope' update later today & post asap. I'm not however expecting there to be any concerns.

Stu.

Gromit

Tony L has just sent me a snow report from Whitesheet, there is NO snow about.

Thankyou for this info Tony, its very helpful for everyone,  much appreciated.

Stu

Alibabaj

For all those comming along tomorrow.

Today's conditions are very good, albeit slightly off the slope, easily mid 30second air comming through quite often.

With similar conditions forcast for tomorrow should make for a great days racing

Graeme

• Like 2

Gromit

See you in the morning guys :thumbsup:

wookman

Good luck with the race Stu.

fpljohn

Well done Stu and the WhiteSheet boys, another good day on the hill.

JP

• Like 1

Alibabaj

'Twas a very very challenging day, going from low 40's to mid 60's in every round.

It started pretty much on the slope but quickly swung North giving very crossed conditions for the remainder of the day.

Big thanks to Stu and Joe for sitting in the middle all day in freezing conditions. And to Lez & Greg for launching me all day... You should take up gymnastics Greg, great somersault!

Some pics of today

Graeme

• Like 4

G Harrison

Thanks to stu, joe and whitesheet for the comp been a while since I have flown there. I did enjoy it even though it was my worst ever comp result.

Also thanks to JP for letting me fly his back up model after I damaged my needle tail on landing and my back up model had servo failure. Don't think he will ever lend me one again after damaging the tail on his plane then breaking his transmitter aerial for him (sorry).

Gary

• Like 1

Gromit

A well supported, enjoyable, and challenging 4th and final round of the Southern Winter league comps at Whitesheet today. We had eighteen pilots and completed 10 rounds.

For the first 3 rounds we had a NW averaging 11 ms, this swung to a slightly crossed NNW, again averaging 11ms for 4 rounds, this then dropped to average 8 ms for the rest of the rounds.

As its late, i'l post my full report tomoz, here then is the result;-

1.     J Philips            8445.16

2.     M Treble           8175.20

3.     G Lewis            8139.05

4.     G Mahoney       8082.80                         Round Winners.

5.     Jack Cubbitt      8060.43

6.     T Livingstone    7983.25                             1.    G Lewis          40.55

7.     S Wallace         7947.82                              2.   J Philips          41.95

8.     M Drewett         7943. 27                             3.   Jack Cubbitt    41.25

9.     A Burgoyne       7913.20                              4.   T Livingstone  41.61

10.   Joe Cubbitt       7859.92                               5.   J Philips          38.77

11.    L Woods          7522.01                               6.   L Woods          48.44   

12    P Burgess         7211.70                               7.   Jack Cubbitt     46.50

13.   J Treble            7195.20                                8.  G Mahoney       45.92

14.   I Mason            7095.98                                9.  G Lewis             41.37

15.   N Rogers          6878.51                               10.  M Drewett        48.23

16.   I Falconer         5821.09

17.   G Harrison        4229.95

18.   T Robertson      3004.71                     FTD;-    J Philips 38.77 ( rd 5)

• Like 2

Martin_N

Well done Stuart, first winter league completed.

Well done John, Mark and Greg, looks like you had a challenging day.

• Like 1

mtreble

Wow. Didn't think I'd get second, with no round wins! Must be doing something right.

Fabulous day.

Thanks stu, and all the whitesheet guys for a cracking day!

• Like 1

Andy_B

Well done Stu .........really enjoyed coming down to fly with the southern softies this year

• Like 1

Baldyslapnut

Walking across from the car park Jack Cubbitt was flying his new Needle 124. It was really cranking into the turns.

I though this could be a day for some really fast times. A slight shift in the wind just before the comp started made conditions really difficult at Base B. Despite this there was some great flying.

Well done to John F who flew really well all day and his new plane really suits his carefree flying style. Mark Treble flew very smoothly and with aggression all day.

Having come back to F3F after a long lay off. The strength in depth of the competition is excellent. You have to push every round.

It is great to see Stu up there in 7th place. "Stu 200 more points and you would have been on the podium". A just reward for a great guy who has worked so hard to run the Southern Winter League with the support of Jack and Joe Cubbitt plus the White Sheet Club.

Being able to take part in 4 competitions in quick succession has really sharpened my competition flying up. It is clear to see the improvement right the way through the results with the scores closing up with each event.

All the events have been great fun and flown by all the competitors with good humour and support for the other fliers.

Finally, well done to Martin Drewett as Buzzer Supremo. It was a seamless job.

Greg 

PS Not quite sure how I got 3rd. Not deserved at all.

• Like 3

oipigface

Well done to John F who flew really well all day and his new plane really suits his carefree flying style.

That'll be John Fillips!