Southern Winter League F3f rd 4, Whitesheet, 1/02/2015

Gromit

Cheers to Stu,Joe and Martin for a for running the day.

Had a great first time experience down at White Sheet.

very strange day with the conditions but was made to feel welcome by all.

Hope to see a few of you again in two weeks time at the Longmynd.

• Like 1

Whitesheet dawned dry, bright, clear, very cold at -1 Oc, & with a fresh 25mph NW for the 4th & final round of the Southern Winter lg series.

We had another very good entry for the comp, this being 18 pilots.

With the course erected, everyone in attendance and the pilots briefing over, we got racing underway at around 10.00am.

ROUND 1.

The NW wind was square onto the slope averaging 26mph for this the opening round. John Philips and his Needle had the honour of being first up, and give everyone else an idea of conditions and time to aim for. John duly posted a 44.53.

Greg Lewis  flying his Pitbull took the opening round with a very well flown 40.55. Garry Harrison flying his Rotmillan also flew very well, posting a time of 42.46 to take second spot. Third place went to Mark Treble and his Toxic, the narrowest of margins behind Gary with a good time of 42.48.

ROUND 2.

John Philips had his Needle well 'on step' in this rd, John flew very accurately posting a 41.94 to win the round. Graeme Mahoney flying his Pitbull flew well posting a time of 43.27 to take second place. Martin Drewett with his Pitbull took third place with a time of 44.48.

ROUND 3.

Jack Cubbitt flying his Needle, a model he's only owned a few weeks, won this round after posting a very good 41.25. Second place went to John Philips (Needle) with a 44.47. Martin Drewett  (Pitbull) secured himself another third place, after posting a 44.95.

ROUND 4.

Tony Livingstone flying his Pitbull won this round after posting a well flown 41.61. Andy Burgoyne with his Radical took second spot with an 42.90. John Philips flew another good round to take third with an 43.06.

ROUND 5.

The NW wind began swinging slightly to a NNW direction during this round. This resulted in it making base B a challenging turn to get right to avoid losing energy.

That man John Philips (Needle) set the target to beat in this round by flying an excellent 38.77. This was unbeaten and was to go on to be the fastest time of the day. Graham Mahoney (Pitbull) secured himself second place after posting a time of 45.81. Les Woods flying his Stinger had a good round three, Les flew a 45.84 to take third spot.

ROUND 6.

The wind had now settled in the slightly crossed NNW.

Les Woods (Stinger) flew an accurate course and handled the tricky Base B well posting a 48.44 to win the round. Graeme Mahoney (Pitbull) secured himself another second place posting a 50.17. Third place went to Tony Livingstone (Pitbull) with a 50.24.

ROUND 7.

This was another good round for Jack Cubbitt with his Needle. Jack posted an 46.50 to win the round. Mark Treble (Toxic) took second with an 47.85. John Treble enjoyed a good round seven posting a time of 49.20 to take third place.

ROUND 8.

Graham Mahoney (Pitbull) won this round with a time of 45.92. This was to be my best round placing of the day, taking second spot with a time of 46.91. Third place went toTony Livingstone with a 47.61.

ROUND 9.

This saw a clear round win for Greg Lewis (Pitbull). Greg flew superbly in this round posting a time of 41.37 and winning the round by more than 7 seconds. In second place was Mark Treble who posted an 48.61. Third was Joe Cubbitt with his Vampire after posting an 48.82.

ROUND 10.

This was the last round in progress at the agreed time of 3.30.

This the final round of the Southern Winter lg series was a win for Martin Drewett (Pitbull) Martin posted a time of 48.28. Second place went to Jack Cubbitt (Needle) with a time of 48.43. Third place went to myself with a 53.66.

RESULT ;-

1.     J Philips            8445.16

2.     M Treble           8175.20

3.     G Lewis            8139.05

4.     G Mahoney       8082.80                         Round Winners.

5.     Jack Cubbitt      8060.43

6.     T Livingstone    7983.25                             1.    G Lewis          40.55

7.     S Wallace         7947.82                              2.   J Philips          41.95

8.     M Drewett         7943. 27                             3.   Jack Cubbitt    41.25

9.     A Burgoyne       7913.20                              4.   T Livingstone  41.61

10.   Joe Cubbitt       7859.92                               5.   J Philips          38.77

11.    L Woods          7522.01                               6.   L Woods          48.44   

12    P Burgess         7211.70                               7.   Jack Cubbitt     46.50

13.   J Treble            7195.20                                8.  G Mahoney       45.92

14.   I Mason            7095.98                                9.  G Lewis             41.37

15.   N Rogers          6878.51                               10.  M Drewett        48.23

16.   I Falconer         5821.09

17.   G Harrison        4229.95

18.   T Robertson      3004.71                     FTD;-    J Philips 38.77 ( rd 5)

Congratulations John Philips on your win, an impressive display of 'Needling' throughout the day.

Very well done Mark Treble on taking the 'runner up' spot. Once again we saw some very good flying from you.

Well done Greg Lewis on achieving third place, another display of good flying from you too.

My thanks to Martin Drewett for his excellent job as being 'buzzer supremo' .

My thanks to Tony Livingstone for again arriving early, helping me carry out the course and get most of the preparation/setting up work done prior to everyones arrival at the scheduled meet time of 9.00am.

Thanks to Joe Cubbitt for helping me CD the event.

My thanks too to those who helped pack away the course and help carry all the gear back to my car, much appreciated.

Stu,  Whitesheet Comp sec.    

• Like 7

Well done Stu .........really enjoyed coming down to fly with the southern softies this year

Its been a pleasure having a 'nasty midlander' on the Whitesheet slopes throughout the Southern Winter league comps. Thankyou for support to the Southern Winter lg.

Cheers to Stu,Joe and Martin for a for running the day.

Had a great first time experience down at White Sheet.

very strange day with the conditions but was made to feel welcome by all.

Hope to see a few of you again in two weeks time at the Longmynd.

Glad you enjoyed your first trip to Whitesheet Les, it was a pleasure welcoming 'Nasty-Midlander' number 2 onto our slopes.

I hope indeed to make the trip up to the Longmynd

Stu.

Well done Stuart, first winter league completed.

Well done John, Mark and Greg, looks like you had a challenging day.

Thanks Martin. The staging of all four of the Southern Winter lg comps at Whitesheet for the 2014/15 winter series has proven to be a very popular decision. All four events were well supported and very enjoyable. The growing number of Whitesheet RFC members competing in F3f have taken full advantage of the regular ‘local’ competition. In addition, we have had pilots regularly travelling from Shropshire, Eastbourne, Halifax, Devon & Cornwall to enter the events.

During the series it was a pleasure to introduce several newcomers to F3f. These pilots were made very welcome & enjoyed the experience, I'm sure we’l be seeing them competing in future F3f events.

Stu.

• Like 4

I have to say, running this years southern winter league at Whitesheet has been a really good decision . Stuart has worked his socks off to make this happen and work so well, all we really had to do is turn up and fly.

Thank you Stuart

Also thanks to all the Whitesheet members for there help and use of there hill, really felt like they wanted us there. Joe and the boys did most of the hard stuff to help Stu first thing, so very little for us pilots other than buzz a bit.

Thank again

JP

• Like 6

Now, if Stu could organise full time Buzzer men, perfection......... :)

...bit of midnight tree pruning wouldn't go amiss, either.

• Like 1

Now, if Stu could organise full time Buzzer men, perfection......... :)

Pete, as yourself & John travel to the Whitesheet comps together, I was thinking perhaps Mrs Burgess & Mrs Philips might like the gig  :huh:.....  :o ..... :wacko:  lol

Stu

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,
           With all 4 of the Southern Winter league now completed, the results tables are available to view on the GBSRA website, there you will find all the spreadsheets;- http://www.gbsra.co....r-League-Tables .  Thankyou Mark Treble for all your work on the GBSRA website.

Below is the Overall result, 3 contests counting, of the Southern Winter League 2014-15.

Rank     Pilot                 Score            Normalized

1           T Livingstone     2969.48        100.00

2           G Mahoney        2941.33          99.05

3           J Philips             2940.24          99.01

4           G Lewis             2928.80          98.63

5           M Drewett          2867.36          96.56

6           S Wallace          2812.39          94.70

7           A Burgoyne       2809.99          94.62

8           Joe Cubbitt        2805.38          94.47

9           Jack Cubbitt      2794.55          94.10

10         J Treble             2673.29          90.02

11         I Falconer          2620.02          88.23

12         P Burgess          2605.81          87.75

13         N Rogers            2418.81          81.45

14         M Treble             1902.23          64.05

15         I Mason               1683.43          56.69

16         T Robertson        1188.61          40.02

17         D Rumble             919.35          30.95

18         L Woods               890.68          29.99

19         P Taylor                865.32          29.14

20         R Hilman               804.99          27.10

21         G Hill                     726.35          24.46

22         G Harrison            500.87          16.86

23         C Lamming           244.69            8.24

Congratulations Tony Livingstone on winning the 2014-15 Southern Winter League.

Very well done Graeme Mahoney on achieving the runner up placing.

Very well done John Philips on taking third place.

Well done to everyone on your placings throughout the table.

With John Philips unable to attend, & Andy b qualifying in the Midland lg, the following pilots have therefore qualified for the 2 day 'Champion of Champions' comp at the Bwlch on March 28th-29th;- Tony Livingstone, Graeme Mahoney, Greg Lewis, Martin Drewett, Stuart Wallace, Joe Cubbitt.

My thanks to all the pilots for your excellent support of the Southern Winter League 2014-15 series at Whitesheet :thumbsup:

Stu,  Whitesheet Comp Sec.

• Like 2

Thank you Mr Insomnia.

Do you ever sleep?

Well done on qualifying for the COC on merit Grommit. A well deserved reward for the hard work put into the league.

Greg

• Like 1