Sign in to follow this  
Grant

new guy from Torbay/Devon

Grant

Hi all 

Now living in Torbay Devon im looking for decent slopes around my area if anybody knows of any

i did live in St austell for many years and visited Aggie alot in the past but now its just too far :( 

Regards 

Grant 

pete beadle

Hi Grant

Welcome to the BARCS forum

I'm sorry to say that, living in London, my local slopes won't be much use to you but, if you do get anywhere near the Metropolis this year you can be sure of a warm welcome at Ivinghoe Beacon

Best regards

Pete

BARCS1702

wookman

Hi Grant.

I am sure we can put you straight on a local slope or two. I will pm you.

Woodstock

Hi, and welcome, Grant :) !

Skip

Hi Grant. Welcome!

Biggles

Hi, welcome

It must be nice to be by the sea side!

John

Bear

Welcome Grant, 

Long long time no see!

Cannot help you with flying sites around Torquay, have you tried contacting Stan Yeo?

I can tell you Start Point is excellent for DSing or general sport flying if you are flying foam, awesome site but landing is really tight although we have got a Drops down there safely. Also I take regular trips out to Rame head which is as good as St Agnes in many ways and must half way between you and your dad. 

I was trying to work out how long ago we were mucking about with Club 20, it must be 25 years!

I keep my eyes open for a Flowline Tracer kit which I reckon would go excellent off a cliff in a good blow but not found one at a sensible price.

Rog

• Like 1

Gromit

Welcome to the BARCS forums Grant.

Stu.

Grant
On 22/02/2015 at 09:20, Bear said:

Welcome Grant, 

Long long time no see!

Cannot help you with flying sites around Torquay, have you tried contacting Stan Yeo?

I can tell you Start Point is excellent for DSing or general sport flying if you are flying foam, awesome site but landing is really tight although we have got a Drops down there safely. Also I take regular trips out to Rame head which is as good as St Agnes in many ways and must half way between you and your dad. 

I was trying to work out how long ago we were mucking about with Club 20, it must be 25 years!

I keep my eyes open for a Flowline Tracer kit which I reckon would go excellent off a cliff in a good blow but not found one at a sensible price.

Rog

Hello  Roger 

sorry only just worked out i had messages lol 

Yes has to be 25yrs + or more we played with club20 which was great fun but my eyes aint up to that anymore lol 

At my power club here in Paignton we have a small slope /bowl  which is good from the west +/-  a bit but landing is not great but with my wingbat 48 its ok ish.

Still not found any other slopes up here worth talking about with decent landing area 

Still looking for a phase 6 with no luck yet , never seems to be any close 

Regards

Grant