newbie here

Hi all,l call myself a newbie but have actually been a modeller for more years than l care to remember!!,l am returning to the fold after a long lay off,due to work,family etc,the usual,my interest is mainly in large scale vintage gliders,though l admit to a passing interest in most disciplines other than control line...l get dizzy!!....l am a fan of chris foss gliders,and am currently trying to hunt down a centiphase plan/fuz,l have a 1/4 scale T-21 on the board at present,and hope to be starting a 1/4 scale l-13 blanik and also a 1/4 scale grunau baby 2b in ther near future(l flew all of these when l could still afford to fly fullsize)all the best to you all,jack

• Administrators

Welcome to the forums Jack. Glad to see you returned to the hobby.  :)

pete beadle

Hi Jack

Welcome to the BARCS forum

I too have been a fan of Mr Foss's designs for many years

If it's of any help to you I currently have a brand new and unused Hi-Phase fuselage which, as you know had/has a two-part fuselage that doubled as the front end of the Centi-Phase

It might be a better bet to put an ad in the "For sale and Wanted" section here to help your search for a Centi-Phase, if/when you do find one let's hope you find two so's I could share in your good luck!

BTW the Multiphase I have today was sourced from these pages......thanks Greg!

Best of luck Jack

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702 

Woodstock

Hi Jack and welcome!

Re. Mr. Foss, I can't help wondering why, if they are sooo good, why the Hi-, Centi-, Multi- and Unobtanium-Phases are not as readily available as the Middle Phase and Phase 6....

pete beadle

Hi Woodstock

I'm guessing here but I think its because the Middle Phase and Phase 6 are "sport" models sold as kits while the Hi-Phase, Multiphase and Centiphase were competition models and usually "semi-kits"

Plus, as competition models the "Phases" have not been considered as competitive as moulded ones for quite a while now

Chris began importing the Starlight 2000, 3000 etc for just that reason, I believe

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

• Like 1