The English Open 2015, Whitesheet, Aug 22nd-23rd.

Gromit

Hi All,

The forecast for day one, ie Saturday, continues to put us on the rifle range slope. Most of you will never have seen this slope before. To give you an idea, Graeme Mahoney kindly sent me this pic through today to give you an idea of it.

IMPORTANT. this is NOT a Whitesheet RFC slope, The Paragliding club have exclusive use of it at all times, and have a licence to do so with the land owner.  The farmland is private, model flying is NOT PERMITTED at ANY time. I have been granted special permission for us to stage the English Open here, this has been very difficult to achieve.

VERY IMPORTANT .  For anyone arriving today ie Friday for a bit of practice at Whitesheet, DO NOT repeat NOT fly on the 'rifle range slope', we are NOT allowed to fly there until the weekend. If you were to do so, permission for us to use the slope over the weekend will be WITHDRAWN by both the land owner & the Paragliding club.

NO flying is permitted on Saturday morning prior to the start of the comp.

Its taken me a lot of time & effort to secure the 'rifle range' slope, please do not put all my effort at any risk, thankyou.

The meeting point on Saturday morning at present remains in the usual place, ie along the byeway at the top of Whitesheet.  I will advise everyone tomorrow asap via a post on here, plus an e-mail to all pilots as soon as I can if this is to change. I need to do an inspection first of the condition of a section of the byeway tomorrow morning before I announce if the meeting point is to change.

To ensure everyone is aware of the above I have sent an e-mail containing the above post to all pilots.

Stu, Whitesheet Comp Sec.

IMG_0169.JPG

Edited by Gromit

Hi All.

I have just sent details of where I expect to change the meeting point to for 9.00am on Saturday, I have NOT as yet changed it to this new location. I'm mindfull that some pilots are travelling down today & want to ensure they all have the expected but NOT yet confirmed new location.

If any pilots have any queerie please contact me on my mobile, this you will find in the email.

Stu.

Anyone know what the walk is like to this site please?

Roger, IF I change the meet point the walk is across a firm smooth  grass field, it takes about 10 minutes. I cannot as I have explained yet confirm this change of meet point.

Stu .

Edited by Gromit
  • Like 1

Hope everyone has a great comp, really peeved I can't join you all.

Well done Stu for all your hard work again, maybe next year.

See you in Wales in September. 

• Like 1

I have just emailed all pilots to confirm that after an inspection of the byeway, I have changed the meeting point  tomoz morning to the new one. All pilots have received full details/directions to this new meeting point.

Stu

Have a great weekend all pilots!  Weather looks look you should get some good times.  Very well done Stu on your organisation - great result getting the southerly slope.  If I wasn't in Norfolk this week I would be with you.

Simon

• Like 2

How bout spectators stu or should we just wander around till we find you all?

Hi Martin, your most welcome to come along and spectate, you have a PM with directions.

Stu

• Like 1

I have just emailed all pilots to confirm that after an inspection of the byeway, I have changed the meeting point  tomoz morning to the new one. All pilots have received full details/directions to this new meeting point.

Stu

Just for your info, I haven't received an email from you this evening, but did get one this morning re potential new meeting point, and now have read this, so I'm ok 8-)

Thankyou Jon, I re-sent the e-mail as soon as I saw Johns post, it again says it has been sent successfully.

I have not received any phone calls, pm's or e-mails from anybody, wondering if I have changed the meet place or not.  I asked that they do so should anyone be uncertain if I have changed the meet point or not, i therefore believe that all are now aware that I have changed the meet point.

Stu

• Like 1

No email received here, guess the meet point will be the gate to the rifle range

Neil, Flipen eck,..... no idea why you haven't received it........ email number 3 on its way to you now

Flying on the Range for the first time in many years was superb, I'd almost forgotten just how good these slopes are, stroke of genius securing their use Stu, 

We started on the SE slope, just managing to complete the first round before the wind shifted Sotherly, a quick course change and we were back up and running again, a further 3 rounds were flown before rain stopped play. Unfortunately persistent rain scuppered any chance of continuing Sunday so the comp was called.

welldone to Mike Evans for his second win, very well flown, also to Martin Drewett for his third place, I was second.

Superb organisation Stu 'Cracking'

Graeme.

• Like 7

Well done Mike !    And very well done Stu for organising and securing the site for the weekend, and the band of helpers on scoring, buzzer supremo etc etc

I had a great day yesterday, meeting old friends, and getting some air under the Willow wings again, it has been some time. Todays forecast meant I ducked out and stayed at home with the kids.  8-)

• Like 3

Well done Stu .....a memorable  weekend ....some tough decisions had to be made at times and you came through it all ...shame about todays weather but it wasn't  unexpected .

A great night out last night aswell  with good company.

On a footnote ...I walked the hill last night with Stu after the course was packed away and everyone had gone , there wasn't a scrap of litter left ..not even a bit of tape ...excellent and well done to everybody who took part .

Andy

• Like 7

Many thanks,  Stu

Unfortunately, the weather gods didn't play ball, now there's not a cloud in the sky.

Well done to the top 3

cheers neil

• Like 1