Sign in to follow this  
Gromit

The English Open 2015, Whitesheet, Aug 22nd-23rd.

Pete Burgess

Stu, I will not be attending  the Saturday social/meal.

Pete

g0ggg

Sorry Stu I missed the request for information.

I can't make the evening event

Hope you get some good news and manage to get to Lundy

All the best  Neil

Edited by g0ggg
typo

Lundylynda

Hi Stu

Please put Joe and I down for the evening event. 

Is it possible to add Jacks name to the event ? And if so could he also be included in the evening event? 

If you need a place to stay over the weekend then you are most welcome. And if anyone else has a sleeping bag then my front room has space for more:) 

Lynda

Gromit

Excelent, thanks for that info Lynda.

Fear not, Jack is already on the entry list ( see pilot number 26 on the final entry list) I guess you missed seeing this. When I last saw Jack he was uncertain if he would be entering as he thought he might be going to the F1 in Spa, hence the TBC after his name.  I'l add Jack's name to the meal list now.

Stu.

Edited by Gromit

isoaritfirst

Hi Stu

i will be coming down in the caravan this year and won't be coming along to the evening bash. 

Hope you are all ok and see you soon

Gromit

Thanks Mike.

Stu

simon_t

Unfortunately I'm away so can't make my 'local' Open.  Looks like you already have a good entry, so hope you get good conditions and have a very successful comp.

Simon

• Like 2

Gromit

Unfortunately I'm away so can't make my 'local' Open.  Looks like you already have a good entry, so hope you get good conditions and have a very successful comp.

Simon

Its a shame you are unable to make the event Simon, thankyou for your good wishes for the comp.

Stu.

Pete Burgess

Stu, please see your emails.

Pete

Gromit

Stu, please see your emails.

Pete

Thanks Pete.

Gromit

Hi All.

We now have 20 confirmed coming to the Fox & hounds on Saturday evening.

Access to Whitesheet ;- For those of you who haven't visited Whitesheet for some time the following info may be helpful.  The road / track leading up to the top of Whitesheet is in good condition with just the water run off humps to drive slowly / carefully over. The length of the byeway at the top of Whitesheet where we park (which we had re-surfaced a few yrs ago ) remains in excellent condition. Further on than this however the byeway remains in very poor condition, do not attempt to drive along this stretch, do not attempt to access Whitesheet by driving in from the opposite end of the byeway.

Stu, Whitesheet Comp Sec.

fpljohn

Hi Stu

I hope to be there but not sure as yet, I will send you a message as soon as I know.

JP

Gromit

Hi Stu

I hope to be there but not sure as yet, I will send you a message as soon as I know.

JP

Ok, thankyou John, I very much hope you can make it.

Stu.

Gromit

For this years event I would like to add an English Open team award. Teams are to consist of 3 pilots.

I'm sure Whitesheets team 'Gifcof' will be entering on what is their home slope, Perhaps the 'Nasty Midlanders' would like to put a team together ? Idealy we'l get 4 or 5 teams entered.

Please email your teams details to me asap swallacegromit@aol.com  . I shall post each teams details here asap after receiving it.

Stu

Edited by Gromit

Gromit

Team list is up and running ;-

Pilots.                                                                        Team name.

Martin Drewett, Graeme Mahoney, Tony Livingstone.                             'Gifcof'

Stuart Wallace, Joe Cubbitt, Jack Cubbitt.                                                Yet to be decided......... 'Grombitts' perhaps

Paul Stubley,  Andy Burgoyne,  Mike Evans.                                             'Bonkers'

Mark Treble, Mike Shellim, Jon Philips                                                       'The All Stars'

Stu.

Edited by Gromit

g0ggg

Available for team selection or if couple would like to join me to create a team

cheers neil

isoaritfirst

Without cosulting - but I'm sure they will be fine with it

Team "Bonkers"

Paul Stubley

Andy Burgoyne

Mike Evans

• Like 1

Gromit

I am delighted to announce that this year our excellent sponsor Peter Payne, owner of South Coast Sailplanes, has very generously donated a 'Cracking' first prize for the winner of this years English Open. Peter has donated an X Models Blade1.9 DS, details of this prize are here  http://www.south-coast-sailplanes.com/blade-1.9-ds .

Being the owner of one of these models myself for many years, I know the winner of it is going to be getting a great deal of fun and enjoyment from this excellent sports and DS model.

On behalf of the Whitesheet RFC committee I wish to publicly thank Peter for his continued excellent Sponsorship and support of the English Open F3f competition. Thank you very much indeed Peter.

To see the full range of models available at South Coast Sailplanes here's the link to Pete's website http://www.south-coast-sailplanes.com . Pete's a pleasure to do business with and I can highly recommend him.

• Like 3

Gromit

Hi All.

Many of you may be concerned about the current unfavourable forecast wind direction for the Whitesheet RFC club slopes on Saturday ie a  S - SE . For those of you that aren't aware, earlier this year i had discussions with the paragliding club who have exclusive use of the excellent S and SE facing 'Rifle range' slope.  I have also been in discussion with the farmer who owns/ rents the 'Rifle range' land.

I am delighted that i have been successful in being given permission by both, for us to use the 'Rifle range' slope.

The meeting point on Saturday at present remains the same, ie along the byeway at the top of Whitesheet.  This however may change, i shall advise everyone of this asap on Friday afternoon / evening.

Note; - I've just sent out an email to all pilots, so as to ensure all are aware of this info.

Edited by Gromit