Sign in to follow this  
Gromit

The English Open 2015, Whitesheet, Aug 22nd-23rd.

drewetm

Echoing the above, thanks again Stu for enabling and facilitating another well run English open

Shame about the weather, but if I had a pound for every time I stood on a hill in the rain…….

Congrats to the spacelift couple Mike and Graeme, well flown

Martin

• Like 4

Jon_F

Well done Stu and thank you for organising this year's English Open - a thoroughly enjoyable weekend and I'm afraid I am going to HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE for making it so!

Excellent flying by everyone but a special well done to Mike, Graeme & Martin - congratulations. 

Jon

• Like 5

Jess

Great to meet you all at the pub Saturday evening, I could be looking for another model now :):) Ummmmmm.

Jess

• Like 4

rumbey

Very well done to the top 3 -  Thoroughly deserved.  What I could see was 3 baudis models dominating with the help of 3 very able pilots!

Thanks to Stu for all his hard work getting the event on and having a plan in place for the SE slopes.  Shame about the Sunday washout

• Like 3

Greg Dakin

Congrats to Mike, Graeme and Martin - good to hear that the Baudis toys went well on the rolling Wiltshire downs.

I can see Mike switching out that glamorous looking Shinto for another Space Lift :-)

Cheers,

Greg

• Like 2

Gromit

Hi All.

Pease be patient with me while I prepare a report, the health of my seriously ill son Tom who has been back in isolation in hospital for the past 8 weeks deteriorated on Friday & throughout Saturday. After a very long journey home due to heavy traffic on the A303 ystdy afternoon, Gill & I went straight to our sons bedside in hospital, I've had very little sleep & am exhausted.  I'l compose a short report asap today before a full one in the coming few days.

For now though, I'd like to congratulate Mike Evans on retaining his title and winning the English Open F3f 2015, very well done indeed Mike, a great achievement. My congratulations next to Graeme Mahoney on being 'Runner up', and to Martin Drewett on taking third place, very well done to you both.  

Congratulations to the pilots of team 'Gifcof', Graeme Mahoney, Martin Drewett Tony Livingstone, on being the winning team of the English Open 2015, very well done to you all.

Stu, Whitesheet Comp Sec

Edited by Gromit
  • Like 1

Bear

Stu, I am sure I speak for everyone when I say we would much rather wait for a report whenever it comes and know your with Tom. It is astonishing what effort you have been able to put in to the organising of this event. We will all happily wait.

Best wishes to Tom.

Roger

• Like 4

isoaritfirst

Do not stress over the report Stu your family is more important to us all. 

I'm sure all who were there at the excellently run and superbly supported event are amazed by your fortitude in such difficult circumstances. 

Regarding the event. The Rifle range was a great slope with nice clean lift. I really enjoyed it. 

Whitesheet has always been a good slope for me and 3 x English open wins is something that I will always be proud of. The last two being facilitated by your good work in resurrecting this very enjoyable event.  Many thanks, and many thanks to the great sponsors you have secured.

The Blade Ds being a very welcome prize that will sit easily within my hanger. 

Congrats to Graeme and Martin  and team Gifcoff.  Nice grouping. 

Best wishes 

mike 

• Like 7

martin burr

Hi All,

Thanks for a great time, I really enjoyed it, and thanks for the help and encouragement. Do you order Pitbulls direct from Baudis?

Its inspiring to see what the speedy chaps can do with these planes !!

Ta, Martin B

• Like 1

Martin Church

Must admit I've considered post competition to bite the bullet & order a Jedi direct from Baudis.

Cant argue with its competition pedigree.

Martin (the weekend spectator / money collector)

Edited by Martin Church
  • Like 2

Alibabaj

Hi All,

Do you order Pitbulls direct from Baudis?

Ta, Martin B

Hi Martin,

Go to the Baudis website and order from there, they can sometimes take a week to reply though.

From order to delivery is normally 3 ish months 

Graeme

Ian Falconer

Thanks  to all had a great time Saturday sorry  to have to miss  Sundays flying really enjoyed  flying with  you  all.

Stu thanks  for a fantastic  days flying 

Ian

20150822_120716-800x450.jpg

Edited by Ian Falconer
  • Like 2

rc-soar

Many thanks to Stu for his efforts in securing the rifle range slope and organising on the day, under especially difficult circumstances.

It was a lot of fun despite the less than perfect weather on Sunday.

Some photos:
http://rcsoar.zenfolio.com/eo_2015

• Like 9

Gromit

Thankyou all for your patience, since leaving the comp on sunday, I have been in hospital at my sons bedside and only had a few hrs at home. I am taking my laptop with me when I shortly return to the hospital, i will post again from there later this evening.

I realise the delay is very frustrating for everyone, I assure you all i'm doing my best.

Thankyou for your patience & understanding,

Stu.

Edited by Gromit
  • Like 2

Jess

Stu there is no question that you are doing your best, you clearly have far greater priorities at this time family comes first.

Take care

Jess

Gromit

Thankyou for your patience guys, this is much appreciated.

Here then is the full result of the English Open 2015, sponsored by South Coast Sailplanes and Sloperacer.

Due to its file size, it is not possible to post a link to the Spreadsheet onto the forum, I shall therefore be sending out an email to all the pilots who entered the comp with a link to the spreadsheet. If anyone else would like this link please send me your email address & i'l happily forward this to you.

Winner of this years event was Mike Evans from Shropshire, the 'Runner up' spot was taken by Whitesheet RFC member Graeme Mahoney, third place went to another Whitesheet member, this being Martin Drewett. 

Mike Evans therefore successfully retained his title as the winner of the English Open, this i'm certain you'll agree is an excellent achievement. Congratulations to you Mike. Mike was the only pilot who managed to build himself any kind of lead over the pilot behind him. Mike finished 195 points ahead of the pilot in second place. Scores throughout the rest of the field were incredibly close, less than 7 points separated 2nd, 3rd and 4th places.

On behalf of Peter Payne of South Coast Sailplanes, and Tony Fu of Sloperacer, I wish to thank all of the pilots who entered and supported the English Open 2015 and congratulate you all on your placings, very well done to you all. I'm certain that both Peter and Tony would like me to give special congratulations to Mike Evans, on retaining his title, to Graeme Mahoney on being the 'Runner up', and to Martin Drewett on achieving third place, very well done to the three of you.

The English Open 2015 result;

Pilot:                     Score:                                                       

1.    M Evans                2882.21.                                                                

2.    G Mahoney.          2687.37.                                                       Rounds flown:

3.    M Drewett.            2683.41.                                                                  4

4.    M Treble.              2680.63.                                            

5.    I Falconer.            2601.56.                                                       Round Scores:   

6.    J Philips.              2584.71.                                               Round.         Pilot.             Time.

7.    Stu Wallace.        2544.42.                                                    1.         M Drewett.      48.17    

8.    T Livingstone.      2538.88.                                                     2.        A Burgoyne.    41.65.

9.    J Bennett.            2528.03.                                                     3.        M Evans.         39.82.

10.  A Burgoyne.        2506.85                                                       4.        N Rogers.        52.72.               

11.   I Mason.              2482. 68

12.   J Fox.                  2469.87.                                                                  Fastest time:

13.    D Rumble.          2468.28

14.   P Stubley.           2436.02.                                                     Mike Evans,     Round 3,        39.82

15.   Jack Cubbitt.      2423.08.

16.   M Shellim.          2408.73.                                                                                                          Team Result:

17.   P Taylor.            2380.34.                                                       Position.        Team.                              Pilots.                                     Score.

18.   P Burgess.         2372.93.                                                             1.           'Gifcof'        G Mahoney, M Drewett,   T Livingstone.        2538.88.  

19.   Joe Cubbitt.        2344.77.                                                             2.          'Bonkers'     M Evans,     A Burgoyne,  P Stubley.             7825.08.

20.   T Robertson.      2174.70.                                                             3.           'All Stars'    M Treble,     J Philips,        M Shellim.            7674.07.

21.   M Burr.               2166.61.                                                             4.          'Grombitts'   S Wallace,   Joe Cubbitt,   Jack Cubbitt,        7312.27

22.   N Rogers.           2153.63.

23.   R Hilman.           2114.60.

24.   V Eldridge.         2108.09. 

Sadly this year due to pressures of work, neither Peter Payne or Tony Fu were able to attend to present the stunning 'Free Flying Eagle' English Open trophies. I know that Pete very much wanted to be there to present the truly 'Cracking' first prize of the X Models Blade 1.9 DS, that he very generously donated. Unfortunately as well as it being 'Peak season' for Pete's hotelier buiseness, the weekend also clashed with the Bournemouth airshow, this added further to Pete's very busy workload. I therefore presented the trophies and the X Models Blade 1.9DS myself on their behalf.

Stu,  Whitesheet Comp Sec.

Edited by Gromit
  • Like 4

Gromit

Many thanks to Stu for his efforts in securing the rifle range slope and organising on the day, under especially difficult circumstances.

It was a lot of fun despite the less than perfect weather on Sunday.

Some photos:
http://rcsoar.zenfolio.com/eo_2015

An excellent set of pics Mike, thankyou so much for sharing them :thumbsup:

Stu.

• Like 1

Ian F3F

Great work stu and an excellent weekend. Congrats to mike

Fantastic to see 4 willows racing on saturday (we can work on jack's landings). But most importantly I hope your lad is improving

Ian

• Like 2

Andy_B

whats up with Jacks landings .............Dad was a bit concerned though

jack.JPG

• Like 4

Martin Church

Shame that cow pat landing put it out of the comp. Bet it would have went like the proverbial off a polished Willow after jack had cleaned  it up a bit.

• Like 1